Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2023 7:43:43 PM EDT
A friend's brother has a WWII Luftschutz helmet with a marking on the side that they are both trying to find info/history on. Mark looks like an H with a V behind it. H is split on the left side of the horizontal bar. I don't know how to attach a picture directly, but I can send it to someone if they would like to post it in this thread.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:49:42 PM EDT
[#1]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:SA-Logo.svg

I'm dumb and can't imbed images. Does it look like what's in the link? @griswoldguns
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:53:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GriswoldGuns] [#2]
No, I will send you a picture of it
Eta: I am dumb and can't attach it to PM or email from site
Email me or PM me an email address or a number to text it to and I will send you a picture

@GoatPatty
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:32:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13starsinax] [#3]
IM Sent

Edit: Where the hell did the subscribe button go?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Gladiator style helmet?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sent a picture to @13starsinax
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 11:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13starsinax] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockSix:
Gladiator style helmet?
View Quote

It is a LUFTSCHUTZ BEADED M38 GLADIATOR HELMET. (Stahlhelm M38)
'
Edit: The detail OP is wanting to know about is a painted on factory marking, the firm or factory they were protecting.

I'm sorry I have forgot how to post pictures.
Link Posted: 4/16/2023 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My uncle gave me this one, he was in Germany before being sent to Vietnam, a German he became friends with, gave it to him. No decals other than the Luftschutz, with scratched out swastika Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top