Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2018 1:10:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
First off I am a guy yet I do like watching Julie Golob on YouTube. What she puts there anyone can use. And love watching the new shooter American Gun Chic that just started shooting getting into it. Found her off of MAC video. She admits she is a newbie yet wants to learn.

ETA: This is the extremes on both sides. The veteran and pretty much totally newbie that wants to get better and learn while having fun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will look into these two people and their info. I appreciate your input. What exactly are you recommending about these two links will help the WS forum?
View Quote
Julia is a veteran of the shoot sports the other is a newbie into it. She just started this year. Two different perspectives. Kind of like a Jerry verses a newbie to shooting that really wants to learn to shoot like Jerry.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:21:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Less of men asking questions for their “insert blank” women in their life and more women discussing things. I’ve glanced in periodically every so often and leave instantly because I don’t want to come to a women’s forum that is primary used for men asking questions and that’s what it’s been. Because of this I have migrated to women’s geoups on FB and other social sites.

I guess I feel if it’s a women’s space then it shouldn’t be a inqury or curiosity answering space for men. This is also a gun forum so keeping it more about guns is better which for the most part it’s been.

Now that does not mean men are not welcome, surely they are but I remember when there was a time where they were it was well known it was a women’s space.

The thing is if you don’t get other women in discussing things then it’s goIng to stay dead.

Don’t know what others have in mind but that’s what I have. That’s why I’ve gravitated towards more women centered outlets in other sites. So don’t know if that helps or not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah all true... I don’t want it to sound like all aren’t welcome, that’s not true. I guess I just feel like guys allot of the times treat this as a women’s GD and it shouldn’t be. Unfortunately I have no idea on how to increase traffic on here. Arfcom is not a place I think of having anything to do with women and actually what brought me here was mostly asking questions about building AR’s and my love of night vision. If it wasn’t for those two I would of never come on here and looked around enough to find this section.

Guess that’s not really much help becuase I really don’t know what to do to increase traffic and meaningful discussion.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a pvs14 with all the laser toys and am building goggles now. I like my toys, the boys can’t have all the toys!

I can try and see if I can’t spark the forums in here alive but it’s going to take more than me which is obviously already a known fact.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi!  I haven’t been here in ages. I used to, got bored and quit.

Get bored and check it out again, now & then.

I enjoy shooting with my better half and all who join us. However, I am not very mechanically inclined, nor do I want to be.  He’s the one I refer everyone to, when it comes to weapons. Give me numbers, (I’m our CFO) and I can balance every time.  He’s a sweetheart and cleans them too.  

That said, I also feel, women are fickle about their preferences for which weapon or accessory to choose.  We each have our own style, especially when it comes to our carry weapons. Purse, holster, etc.  so, I know I couldn’t give advice very well.

Being a woman’s forum, would it be out of line, for threads about cooking, home keeping and such?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree with BeautifulStranger.  I have no problem with men coming here to ask questions, in fact, that's when I'm most active.  It's difficult to respond when there is nothing to which to respond.

As for topics, I'm game for whatever.  When I joined (more than ten years ago), this forum was much more active and I imagined building lasting relationships with other women who have similar interests.  Not just guns, but maybe politics, camping, cooking, reading, etc.  Unfortunately, the forum went dry and I found other forums on the internet and other sections of Arfcom where I could discuss these topics.

I don't check this forum very often anymore, because when I do, there's nothing new.  I even let my Arfcom membership lapse because I don't do GD and Team alone wasn't worth the price of admission.

Make Arfcom Great Again.  Starting with the Women's forum.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
OK, I'm in.  I visit here a lot, but I'm not a prolific poster on any forum.  It would be nice to have a women's forum with a little activity, though.  
I'll make an effort to engage
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#14]
It's hard for me to post much. I feel like I don't have that much to contribute since I don't do much with training and firearms.

But I got your back on special education
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I also don’t mind a variety of topics. Tech threads are great, but general interest threads without all the misogynistic poo flinging witnessed in GD are fine too. It’s nice to be able to actually discuss things without a bunch of misogywhining occurring.
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's hard for me to post much. I feel like I don't have that much to contribute since I don't do much with training and firearms.

But I got your back on special education
View Quote
+1 for special education lol
And I also don’t have anything to contribute for training or tech.  I explained my background on the Why did you join thread.  I would love having a place to have general discussions with the ladies, GD can be a bit overwhelming.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I also don’t mind a variety of topics. Tech threads are great, but general interest threads without all the misogynistic poo flinging witnessed in GD are fine too. It’s nice to be able to actually discuss things without a bunch of misogywhining occurring.
View Quote
I want to agree with you, but would that make me a white knight?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Its an open forum,given some of the posts by men on here,I dont post here a lot..
If it was a locked woman only forum,participation would increase ,I think.Well,at least for me
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I love you, BS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top