Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
Probably a long shot here but can anyone recommend a company that does helmet shields? We have a rough draft version of our design on scratch paper.

We contacted Conway shields but they want $130 just to digitize our rough draft and we don’t get to see our work before it’s applied in mass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:53:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The Fire Store does Shields, https://www.thefirestore.com/fronts
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What style are you looking for? Something extravagant?

I use RoyceShields here locally.  Mike is a great guy to deal with and his shields hold up extremely well.  He actually does shields for all the NOVA departments, and his turnaround time is great.

Edit-  Just looked at his website, he has more options than what’s shown.  Just have to call and talk to him.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 12:20:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What style are you looking for? Something extravagant?

I use RoyceShields here locally.  Mike is a great guy to deal with and his shields hold up extremely well.  He actually does shields for all the NOVA departments, and his turnaround time is great.

Edit-  Just looked at his website, he has more options than what’s shown.  Just have to call and talk to him.
View Quote

I’ll look him up. We would need at least 34. It’s for our Hazmat team so yeah it will be a little extravagant lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody used Taylor's Tins before? As the name implies he uses Tin instead of leather. He digitized our Sketch in less than 20 mins flat. looks really good too. i'm just curious how the Tin works.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody used Taylor's Tins before? As the name implies he uses Tin instead of leather. He digitized our Sketch in less than 20 mins flat. looks really good too. i'm just curious how the Tin works.
View Quote

They hold up great to heat, and clean up well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I ordered one for a capt that promoted to Battalion Chief. They are nice but I am a leather guy.

5 Alarm Fronts does some really nice work. I will eventually order from them.
View Quote

Those look pretty nice as well. I'm still curious on how the Tin attaches to the helmet though. Chief wanted to get quotes out and see what i could come up with. So far Taylor's is the cheapest by far after the discount he gave us for a mass order. Leather is nice but super expensive from what I've seen. Honestly though our gear won't see much use do to us being dedicated Hazmat. Heck my gear hasn't seen the outside of it's bag aside from training since i started last year.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Happy with my D.E. Williams shield

https://dewilliamsshields.com/

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#11]
My son got his from The Fire Store. He only needed one, it had his name, department and company # on it. @$50. He is very happy with the quality.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank y’all for the suggestions. We ended up getting a really good deal for a mass order through Gol fire shields. The demo shield we saw looked great now we are just waiting for the final product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top