Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:12:06 PM EDT
I set up the forge (propane) as instructed. I cannot seem to get any metal past a orange color. I even tried a 1/8 thick piece of 1095 steel. Propane is warm enough in a 60 degree building. Any suggestions. I'm brand new to this hobby.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Seal up the chamber as best you can and turn up the heat. If your already maxed out on fuel and air either the chamber is too big or the burner is too small. Got a pic of your setup?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What size tank are your running? 100 lb?

Adjustable regulator or fixed low psi POS grill regulator that doesnt flow enough?

Hows the flame look?  photos?

Did you adjust your air inlet properly?
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, after trying to close off the ends with fire brick I got a hold of the company. They are replacing it as they occasionally have issues. Will see if the new one works better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top