Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2022 8:29:46 AM EDT
Anyone here playing, just got it for PS5 and I love it.   I fucking suck right now as I only have a few matches under my belt.   Haven't had this much fun in an online shooter in a long time
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Tom Waits - "Hell Broke Luce"
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I added it to my library when it was on PS+, but I never played it. Seemed too hardcore for me, especially since I'm colorblind. Not sure I'd ever see enemies without a nameplate popup.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
PC, but haven’t played it in a year. Haven’t tried the Russian maps for example
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I added it to my library when it was on PS+, but I never played it. Seemed too hardcore for me, especially since I'm colorblind. Not sure I'd ever see enemies without a nameplate popup.  
View Quote

Its a ton of fun but it is hit or miss with the squads uou get.

Its more fun when people communicate rather than run off in different directions
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its a ton of fun but it is hit or miss with the squads uou get.

Its more fun when people communicate rather than run off in different directions
View Quote
Yeah, that was another reason I didn't try it out. Looked super team focused and I don't know anyone playing. I think I may have you on one of my friends lists from ages ago though.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#6]
PC here been playing for well over a year
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I’m on PS5 as well. My screen name is my Playstation name if you want to join up some time and play. I usually play it several times a week as squad lead. There’s suppose to be a major update for consoles coming out soon and the game really needs it.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, I’m on PS5 as well. My screen name is my Playstation name if you want to join up some time and play. I usually play it several times a week as squad lead. There’s suppose to be a major update for consoles coming out soon and the game really needs it.

View Quote

I’ll add you later, probably wont be on much this week as my schedule is all over the place.   I am very new to this game and have only stuck to basic roles.   I really like it though

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 8:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’ll add you later, probably wont be on much this week as my schedule is all over the place.   I am very new to this game and have only stuck to basic roles.   I really like it though

View Quote

That’s the best way to do it. It take several weeks to a month or more to be able to get halfway decent at spotting the enemy and understanding the maps. There’s a guy on youtube who’s name is monoespecial who makes Hell Let Loose guides; those helped me immensely.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Its good, learn how to command a squad and run your own, less frustrating that way.

The commander and squad leads have to do their part, logistics matters, no spawn points or resources and the team will get steam rolled
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Its good, learn how to command a squad and run your own, less frustrating that way.

The commander and squad leads have to do their part, logistics matters, no spawn points or resources and the team will get steam rolled
View Quote

Its night and day between squads that talk and those that dont.  

I just played a round this morning and no one talked. It was a shit show, guys taking transport by themselves and leaving everyone, AT guy staring at clouds while a sherman rolled over everyone.  

I truly suck right now but damn I was trying, lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just played a round this morning and no one talked. It was a shit show, guys taking transport by themselves and leaving everyone, AT guy staring at clouds while a sherman rolled over everyone.  

View Quote

I’ve run into that and it sucks; it’s not Call of Duty. I’ve also had the opposite experience and had a freaking blast.

I saw you on there this morning but I was trying to get some house work done. I’ll probably be playing this evening for a couple of hours around 8:00PM eastern.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:54:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Started playing Saturday night, Not a lot of people on at night but still a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Started playing Saturday night, Not a lot of people on at night but still a lot of fun.
View Quote

You on ps5?
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Things I've learned with 600+ hours:
  • after time you can just glance at the map and tell if you are going to get stomped or not.
  • each squad needs to have someone rotate into support class as needed so the SL can build garrisons
  • The two objectives under your teams command that are the closest to the enemy need 3 garris for the closest and at least two for the 2nd one, it also doesnt hurt to pre-stage and hide supplies for future use
  • 2-3 squads on the attack at most (in most circumstances) at least two full squads on dedicated defense, one in the point and one ranging out as needed to kill enemy spawn points as they start to encircle the objective.
  • mine the roads and choke points and keep AT handy, any open approach gets an AT gun for defense
  • if the SL doesn't talk, find a new squad, if the team sucks and doesn't communicate, change teams.
  • at least 2 squads need engineers building nodes, they can just grab a supply truck and go do their own thing
  • deep flanks are the way to get into enemy territory
  • for the well coordinated, 3 SL's can ride in a wheeled scout car, get the driver to drop you off in deep flank territory and then throw down your observation posts and have the squads follow. two support guys can carry 100 supplies, throw down a garrison when they spawn in.
  • If you want to run arty, I get a one-man squad and lock it, run arty and communicate directly with the commander and SL's, the command delay from troop > SL > commander takes too long

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#16]
gamer looks fun, bummer no PC crossplay.  most of the guys I'd play with are on consoles.  I suppose i could hook up the xbox easily enough, i just prefer pc gaming lately.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You on ps5?
View Quote

Yes, same user name.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, same user name.
View Quote

I’ll add you.  Ciraxis82

Today is likely the last night I’ll be on until next week though, got a crazy week ahead
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
gamer looks fun, bummer no PC crossplay.  most of the guys I'd play with are on consoles.  I suppose i could hook up the xbox easily enough, i just prefer pc gaming lately.
View Quote

The console version is multiple updates behind.

And I bet the PC crowd would smoke the console crowd as there is no auto aim. When running bolt actions, those half seconds truly matter
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I’ll add you.  Ciraxis82

Today is likely the last night I’ll be on until next week though, got a crazy week ahead
View Quote

I saw you playing it last night. I tried to link up with you but couldn’t. Hope you had fun.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And I bet the PC crowd would smoke the console crowd as there is no auto aim. When running bolt actions, those half seconds truly matter
View Quote

Consoles haven’t had an update sine November. I see a lot of different guys rotating in and out as I think they get frustrated with the glitches and the lack of updates isn’t helping.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

hmm, good to know maybe I just try the PC version.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I DLed and played it a little bit when it released to ps+,  but I was and am still loving insurgency, so I never stuck with it or learned it. I do remember not liking the controls, they felt clunky and not well optimized for console, and the lack of setting options to possibly help fix controls. I'm gonna watch that YouTuber a poster above recommended tho, it's an awesome setting for a game and I'd really like to get into it soon. New updates might help, yes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow just found this thread.  

Have ~350 hours on PS5, level 10 SL, it would be awesome to play with some guys here.  

I’ll add the names I see that have been posted here.

My name is a name from The Pacific series…..
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Been playing the shit out of this lately ranking up mostly spotter and officer.

Looking forward to the big console update next week.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:50:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I haven’t been playing it for a little while now. I was getting fed up with the glitches and waiting for the update. It will be curious to see how well the game plays after the update. I’m of the opinion that this game is sadly on life support at the moment, at least for us console players. I hope they turn things around but only time will tell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I need to start playing again, been so burnt out at night that I've mostly been playing low key single player stuff that I can just jump in and out of, I don't always have the time for a 45 minute match, as fun as they are.

My biggest complaints with the game are intentional team killing and people that play leadership rolls but don't talk
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I need to start playing again, been so burnt out at night that I've mostly been playing low key single player stuff that I can just jump in and out of, I don't always have the time for a 45 minute match, as fun as they are.

My biggest complaints with the game are intentional team killing and people that play leadership rolls but don't talk
View Quote

Send me a PM on playstation regarding your schedule. We can try to set something up after the update on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#29]

his customer was blind the whole time!

thinking of trying this game tho
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top