Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2021 1:07:00 PM EDT
I have two spots that I cut almost everytime I shave my head.  I use a MACH 3 razor when I do it.  I'm not sure how exactly to stop this.  It's always the same spot.  Ive even had skin in between the blades from it.  Ive tried hitting it from different directions, no joy.

Does anyone have this issue?  The location seems uninteresting.  Not a skin tag or a mole or anything that sticks up.  It must be just the right shape that the blades dig a little deeper.

I rarely go razor tight now.  I usually use electric, but I'd rather stay razor tight.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Been shaving my head for 30 years…buy the cheapo Gillete or Bic plastic razors with the swivel head.
Tried more expensive ones and wasted my $$
Swivel head is key.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up one of these last year and haven't used a razor on my head since.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to have the same problem when I started shaving my head (a couple decades ago), and the old Schick Tracer solved the problem. They've been redesigned over the years and are now called the Xtreme 3. The blades actually conform to the curvature of your noggin.

https://www.schick.com/collections/shop-all-xtreme/products/shave-the-day-xtreme3-sensitive-disposable-razor

Once I got more comfortable and better at shaving my head, I was able to ditch the Schicks and step up to a safety razor without cutting my head at all.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:48:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem with Mach III many years ago.....terrible skid marks.

Since I have switched to double edge safety I have not once experienced the same issue.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I shave my face with either a DE or a straight razor that uses disposable blades.  I've tried the DE on my head, no bueno.

I've also used the HEADBLADE, it doesn't work for me either.

I've been using the ANDIS electric shaver, but it often misses things if there's more than 24 hours growth.  It misses anything too long, so I often find missed hairs where I can't see.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jcatcg:
Picked up one of these last year and haven't used a razor on my head since.
View Quote

I got one of these for father's day.  It's great.  My only issue so far is my fat fingers and trying to remove the center blade for cleaning.  It came with a bunch of crazy attachments that I'll probably never use.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]
hows about just avoid the area???   i have a mole dead top center  i just go around it   fix it up tight with a close buzzer

really not a big deal   or even thread worthy....

if you feel the need to start a thread about cutting the dome ....whilst shaving it.... MAYBE rethink your life????

just sayin

good luck
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tenniford:
hows about just avoid the area???   i have a mole dead top center  i just go around it   fix it up tight with a close buzzer

really not a big deal   or even thread worthy....

if you feel the need to start a thread about cutting the dome ....whilst shaving it.... MAYBE rethink your life????

just sayin

good luck
View Quote

One post.  One whole post.  Seems with your vast posting experience you'd know a bit more about the purpose behind internet forums.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pedaler] [#10]
DE is still the answer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer an electric. I have a Skull Shaver.  Not as close a shave, but no bleeding either.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 10:45:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Just started shaving my head a few months ago. Started with a mach 3. Went "ok" but had a few small cuts in always the same place. Switched to a safety razor and haven't had an issue at all now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I usually just unscrew mine from my neck and use the neck bolts to attach it to  a frame.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I have tried every head razor and a couple of the electric ones. I have now found the perfect items that give me a babies butt head shave in only 5 minutes. The razor is awesome and very rarely nicks me.

Shaving gel

Razor

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top