Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/27/2022 5:18:12 PM EDT
As a child of the early 60's (Last of the Boomers) I've enjoyed a lot of Spielberg's stuff (I was 8yrs old when "Duel" started showing up on TV and "JAWS" was a freakin' phenomenon the year I turned 12).  As much as I liked the first two I think that "Schindler's List" is probably my favorite of all the stuff he's done (And I'm not even Jewish).  What a great movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well crafted movie with amazing performances from F Liam Neeson, Ralph Finnes, and Ben Kingsley.

Ralph Finnes nailed psychopath perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen it, I remember it being a big deal when it came out but I never bothered to check it out.

I probably should.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Several times. Some great performances.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I made out the whole movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched it once when it was in theaters, no desire to watch it again.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting movie, well acted. Finally got around to seeing it about a year ago.

A good lesson on how dangerous it is to always do what your government says.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Only the police and military should have guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen it, I remember it being a big deal when it came out but I never bothered to check it out.

I probably should.
View Quote
It's pretty damn good.  There's some wonderful/horrible quotes from that movie that really sort've explain what the mindset of the German Occupiers in Poland were at the time.  The score is awesome as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Jerry Seinfeld's mom disapproves.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent movie.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I, pardon… you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Fun movie
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:32:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I probably should.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I, pardon you.
View Quote
I hate that scene.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's the main thing I think of when I hear about that movie...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I watched it recently because I thought I should. I remember it was shocking when I was younger (what parts I saw) but never really absorbed the movie.

Frankly, I found it less powerful than I expected to. It's easy to see Spielberg had a hand in it because of the cinematics and it's got a gritty "Omaha Beach" feel to it, but I guess I just didn't get what I was expecting from it. Sad I suppose, but it is what it is. I think if I had seen it in full several years ago before woke culture or hyper political culture, I would have seen what it was truly meant to be...but a lot of things are ruined for me now even though they never intended to be that way when they were made.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Helen Seinfeld: "You made-out during Schindler's List?!"

It's been a while, but I've seen the movie several times.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Every high school student should have to see it in the context that the government is not your friend. The only friends of the government are those in charge.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Took a date to see it when it came out.  What a shifty date movie.  People in the audience crying put a real damper on the date.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Nope. Never seen E.T. either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I always thought it was a powerful movie.  It is one that I showed the kids when they were old enough to understand the horror of what man can do to other man.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I watched it recently because I thought I should. I remember it was shocking when I was younger (what parts I saw) but never really absorbed the movie.

Frankly, I found it less powerful than I expected to. It's easy to see Spielberg had a hand in it because of the cinematics and it's got a gritty "Omaha Beach" feel to it, but I guess I just didn't get what I was expecting from it. Sad I suppose, but it is what it is. I think if I had seen it in full several years ago before woke culture or hyper political culture, I would have seen what it was truly meant to be...but a lot of things are ruined for me now even though they never intended to be that way when they were made.
View Quote

Leftists have ruined culture. It's still an important story that should be told about one man's ability to defy evil.

If it came out today reviewers would talk about how the jews were well off privileged people and what about the segregation of blacks in the south at the time.....reeeeee!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep...overrated
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

You made out during SCHINDLER'S LIST???????!!!!!

Jerry how COULD you!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Not ashamed to admit I cried. Rough movie. But a great one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Best meme ever-- only government should have guns.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#28]
It was a pretty good movie.  The little girl in the pink coat was a very effective storytelling tool and Ralph Fiennes was amazing.  The only thing that really disappointed me was Liam Neeson groveling and begging for forgiveness at the end, it rang false to the whole story and seemed an unnecessary Spielbergian commentary.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Very well crafted movie with amazing performances from F Liam Neeson, Ralph Finnes, and Ben Kingsley.

View Quote

Yep. We watched it in school.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#30]
“I could’ve saved one more person… and I didn’t!”
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#31]
1 time
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he would have gotten away with it if newman hadn't ratted him out
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Very good movie. Sometimes it is tough for me to watch those kinds of movies. I always cry.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Watched it exactly one time.

That was enough

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Watched it once when it was in theaters, no desire to watch it again.
View Quote

Same. I describe it as the best movie I'll never watch again.

FWIW, I had family that died in the Holocaust.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY FIREARMS EVER. WHILE I DRAW A BREATH.

Neither wil my sons.

It was an educational movie to say the least. I thought this before the movie. This just enforced it. I damn near puked from the thought of the shit that happened.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#38]
The part I hated was the little girl in the red coat. Makes me sick thinking about it.  

Sophie's Choice is another one that is bad. I watched it once, how the fu** do you make that choice?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#39]
We were sent to a theater to watch it in high school. I sorta enjoyed it o guess, but I didn't realize 'til about 15 years later that the book was actually fiction.

I will not post anything else in this thread
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Two Army Rangers drove an 1151 into a pool by Uday Hussains house and both of them drowned. The huge ass pool was drained to help facilitate recovery. When it was drained hundreds of bodies where exposed. The next day I was flown to Ali Al Saleem and that movie was playing at the MWR. I walked outside to smoke a craven A but was out so I bummed a Miami off these two Marines that where out there. They did a good job on the dead bodies. A couple maybe 10 Army guys and maybe 4 Marines wouldn't go back in until it was over. There was a airforce guy out in the smoke pit as well.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#43]
I haven't watched it in many years.

An interesting side note, as one of my hobbies is ammunition history, is there is no record of Shindler's factory actually making ammuniton as was depicted in the movie. The entire thing was a well crafted and elaborate setup. They only delivered a few cases of ammunition to the German government and it's not clear if it was actually made at the location or repackged product from somewhere else. I correspond with several ammuniton researchers in Germany and they haven't been able to confirm any of the story or even what caliber of ammunition supppsedly made.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:38:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

And then he got typecast and got parts like Rameses, Francis Dolarhyde and Tom Riddle.  He's amazing at playing interesting evil characters.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#45]
My ex-wife rented it one day and left it at home when she went out to do some stuff.  I watched it and was rolling the credits when she came back.  She wanted to see it, so I rewound the tape and watched it with her.  Only time I ever had the desire to watch a movie again right after I watched it already.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY FIREARMS EVER. WHILE I DRAW A BREATH.

Neither wil my sons.

It was an educational movie to say the least. I thought this before the movie. This just enforced it. I damn near puked from the thought of the shit that happened.
View Quote

I wish someone would do a top level movie on the Warsaw ghetto uprising.  It would be nice to show not everyone goes to their deaths like sheep.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
First saw it in Junior High School - I think in a Social Studies class.

Is that still a thing? Or was that just something that gave my teacher a chance to put his feet up on the desk, and grade papers?
View Quote

It was in 2005.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Great movie. I can only imagine how the people he saved felt about things they had seen.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I watched it once.  It was a fantastic film.  Brilliant writing, acting, cinematography, costuming, everything.  It is a masterpiece.

I will probably not watch it again, though.  It's just so heavy and dark.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I wish someone would do a top level movie on the Warsaw ghetto uprising.  It would be nice to show not everyone goes to their deaths like sheep.
View Quote

Probably not top level but The Pianist kinda covers some dude hiding and doing his best not to get murdered during that time.
He also plays a piano.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top