Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't gotten the first one yet.  Early February is the time schedule for my age group as it is now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Pfizer. The day after getting the second dose, I had a headache, some body aches and chills. With some Tylenol, I was back to baseline. Not a big deal at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
First dose - arm sore.  About like flu shot

Second dose - arm sore, not as sore as after first injection.

No other effects.

Pfizer vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I see there are plenty of future zombies posting in this thread. See you soon fellas.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Nurse friend got her 2nd about 2 weeks ago.
Nothing weird to report, not even sudden onset interest in eating brains...

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#6]
8 nurses called in today after getting round 2.

3 reported vomiting and 100-102 fever with NSAIDS on board.

All reported body and joint aches, injection site soreness and feeling like site.

Wife got her 2nd dose today, Moderna like all the others got and she hit 99.7 with meds on board and has aches and joint pain. She's just hoping she doesn't puke.

Fun stuff. I won't be getting it anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Got the 2nd shot 10 days ago. Felt fine for the 1st & 2nd.

Pfizer.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This mNRA vaccine is not safe. Eight months to bring it to the public without FDA approval is very questionable.

By the way, Hank Aaron passed away today?, two weeks after receiving the first dose of Moderna's vaccine.

IMHO, the Covid-19 vaccine as a cure is worse than the disease.

If you are thinking about getting it or having a family member receive it, do your research, the evidence is largely available.

Good luck.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the first dose. My arm was sore for a couple of days. Waiting on the second dose mid February. I have heard the moderna vaccine is the good stuff that makes you more immune to anything if you survive.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"do your research" = read facebook posts

The vaccine is safe.

Had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago minor fever and body aches.

But it's a free country get the vaccine - don't get the vaccine, no one is forcing it on you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This mNRA vaccine is not safe. Eight months to bring it to the public without FDA approval is very questionable.

By the way, Hank Aaron passed away today?, two weeks after receiving the first dose of Moderna's vaccine.

IMHO, the Covid-19 vaccine as a cure is worse than the disease.

If you are thinking about getting it or having a family member receive it, do your research, the evidence is largely available.

Good luck.

"do your research" = read facebook posts

The vaccine is safe.

Had my 2nd jab 2 weeks ago minor fever and body aches.

But it's a free country get the vaccine - don't get the vaccine, no one is forcing it on you.

Don't forget the anti-vaxxer websites, they're a great source for unbiased information too...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Chinese don't want us to take it, either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't even had one dose of the plandemic scamdemic "vaccine" and don't plan on getting it either.

As soon as someone throws out "plandemic" you know you're dealing with some weapons grade retardation
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]
My dad had his second dose Tuesday.
No problems other than runny nose and arm is sore.
But he is a kas'saq(white man).

Some of the natives have had reactions.
Mild to almost killed them.

All have received the Pfizer vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:19:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who approved the virus?  When did they figure out the long term effects of the NOVEL virus?
View Quote

China approved
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As soon as someone throws out "plandemic" you know you're dealing with some weapons grade retardation
View Quote

So is bat soup
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone here had their second dose of the COVID vaccine? If so, how’d it go? Did you have side effects on the first dose? Were they worse with the second dose? Did you end up in the hospital, or dead? If you did die, did you vote for Biden?

My wife is a pharmacist and about to have her first dose. We were wondering. She has zero contact with people, but since she can get the vaccine, why not?
View Quote

Had Pfizer 2nd dose on Tuesday. Wednesday, I had mild headache and body aches with an elevated temperature that lasted a total of 24 hours.  Woke up Thursday morning A1.  Some folks recommend taking NSAIDs the day of the vaccination.  I had no issues with shot 1.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Don't need it.  I'm rocking the Shanghai Shivers right now.  Near zero symptoms, already work from home and the in-laws are providing an endless buffet of  awesome meals instead of the prison quality chow the wife normally prepares.  What I don't understand, because I'm a simple dolt, why does getting the virus only give 90 days of immunity but the vaccine is the magic bullet??

Sad thing is my wife has slightly worse symptoms but would have been eligible for phase 2 vaccinations this week if she wasn't sick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Raw numbers: Mortality from COVID, all comers around 1.5 %
Serious reactions to vaccine 5.5 per 1 million

You don't need to be very good at math to understand those numbers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanna know how you know

Yep, 5.5 is bigger than 1.5, and a serious reaction is worse than death.  Any fool could figure that out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not really true. Many employers are requiring the shot, just like the flu shot.
The airlines may start requiring it for you to fly.
View Quote

As with the masks, it will become a condition of employment.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#19]
I had a long discussion with my Doc. Retired USAF Flight Surgeon and IMHO a pretty sharp guy. He , as always, explained to me me that I'm an idiot and to GET THE VACCINE.  Wife and I got the first Moderna shot yesterday. Arm is a bit sore and wife swears her arm is going to fall off. Next round is mid feb. I'm headed to the range this morning to practice building positions on barricades. Other than being a bit chilly I don't see any reason not to go.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haven't even had one dose of the plandemic scamdemic "vaccine" and don't plan on getting it either.

The only weapons grade retardation is from the maskers, doomers and window lickers who proclaim, 'i got muh vaccine today!' derp.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I got my first hit (pfizer) about 24 hours ago.  So far, no side effects at all.  If I push on the injection site, I can feel a bit of soreness, but that's it.  

I'm not supposed to have gotten it yet.  I'm not in any group that's currently being vaccinated.  But.... I drove my 93 year old Grandma to get hers, and they offered it to me. So, like an idiot, I said yes.  

I've been thinking about how there are people with bad reactions.  Could be 2 things.  Maybe those people are the ones who would have had a really bad time with real covid.  Or, those without bad reactions already had it.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#22]
w
Quoted:
I got my first hit (pfizer) about 24 hours ago.  So far, no side effects at all.  If I push on the injection site, I can feel a bit of soreness, but that's it.  

I'm not supposed to have gotten it yet.  I'm not in any group that's currently being vaccinated.  But.... I drove my 93 year old Grandma to get hers, and they offered it to me. So, like an idiot, I said yes.  

I've been thinking about how there are people with bad reactions.  Could be 2 things.  Maybe those people are the ones who would have had a really bad time with real covid.  Or, those without bad reactions already had it.  

View Quote
why would you call yourself a idiot?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

this is true. i got my jab two days ago and died this morning.
View Quote

Looks like you got better quickly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Who approved the virus?  When did they figure out the long term effects of the NOVEL virus?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about because it is an unapproved vaccine who's long term side effects are unknown

People have a choice with one but not the other. The one you choose doesn't guarantee you don't get the one you don't choose so you are doubling the risk and could end up with both.
I'm just explaining the logic, not taking a side.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People have a choice with one but not the other. The one you choose doesn't guarantee you don't get the one you don't choose so you are doubling the risk and could end up with both.
I'm just explaining the logic, not taking a side.
View Quote
That logic would work only if the known risks of both choices were equal.  They're not even close, and the disparity increases exponentially with an individual's age.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Got my first dose on the 8th. No soreness, no side effects. I get my 2nd dose on the 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this is true. i got my jab two days ago and died this morning.

But now he's a Dem voter.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Second hand report, three people I know had their second dose.  All three had mild side effects that had them out of work for one or two days.
View Quote

Yep my mom had the pfizer one and said she was wiped out after the second for a day with just lethargy but was otherwise fine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#29]
I’d get it but everyone tells me I don’t qualify.  The downside of being a middle aged white dude with a regular job.   Is everyone here who has gotten a front line worker, 1st responder, over 65 or compromised health?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:30:17 PM EDT
[#30]
My wife got the second dose on Friday and got very sick. She had 100-103 fever for 36 hours. Apparently it is a crap shoot if someone gets sick or not.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
wwhy would you call yourself a idiot?

View Quote

Because he can't go to heaven now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My wife got the second dose on Friday and got very sick. She had 100-103 fever for 36 hours. Apparently it is a crap shoot if someone gets sick or not.
View Quote

Pfizer or Moderna? Also, did she already have Covid at some time in the past (with significant symptoms)?

I had the same reaction after both doses of the Pfizer vaccine - about 24 hours afterwards, fever up to 101.6, tachycardia to 130 resting, BP up to 168/100, fatigue. Fevers subsided over 24 hrs. Had some additional muscle aches with 2nd dose (this was despite premedicating for the second dose with tylenol and ibuprofen every 6 hours begininng right before the dose).

I did have a pretty nasty bout with Covid back in May - didnt get hospitalized, but had constant fevers, shortness of breath (O2 sats in the low 90's) and fatigue for a week. When I had symptoms after the first dose of the vaccine, I talked with an ER colleague, and he said to come in. Only treatment was tylenol I took before I headed in, and fever and vitals slowly trended down over 4 to 5 hours - I didn't have any other reason for septic picture, so we decided not to get crazy with ruling out stuff. Decided that my body mounted a heck of an immune response, causing symptoms - so in my case immunity lasted at least 6 months.

Took the second dose just to have my card filled out because you know they are going to require that shit eventually to get on a plane...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep, 5.5 is bigger than 1.5, and a serious reaction is worse than death.  Any fool could figure that out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wanna know how you know

M-O-O-N, that spells "serious reaction".
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top