Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Late 1970's I was trying help a person out.  His payment back to me, was to pull a large hunting style knife.  All I had at the time was a Ruger Super Blackhawk, loaded with 240 grain HP rounds. It did not end well for him...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, almost in an accident. Guy yells at me. I said "Hey, you got a stop sign there." Drive in past and parked my Jeep. He backs into a spot close by and starts running his mouth. I walk over to his driver side. He says he's going to kick my ass. Starts to get out of his car. I catch the door and push it closed against his leg. He pull a knife and starts swinging it at me. I back away and he gets out an comes after me. I grab his wrist and put the crush on it. (I have turned wrenches for a long time, plus being young at the time...my grip was like a vice) he drops the knife.......butt while I was focused on the knife, I neglected to see the full 22oz. Icehouse in his hand. Until it arced over and crowned me in the head. Didn't phase me, I was going to grab a hold of him and break his body parts. He took off running. He would come back and attempt to fight me.
He couldn't land a punch, every time I tried to close the distance to grab him. He would run away, glad I didn't get a hold of him. I probably would have ended up in prison. After a good while of him running away. I just said Fuck it and went on the store. Thought I was sweating and wiped away blood. Went back outside, cause I was really mad now. He had stabbed one of my tires and took of in his car.
Went to the hospital and got seven stitches. Officer shows up because hospital reported it and so did a witness. I knew the officer and gave him the guys plate number. Guy admitted to the officer he tried to stab me when he was asked. Guy was arrested.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a knife pulled on me in the McDonalds men's room outside of the Bremerton Naval Shipyard in 1984...I still have the knife.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
when I was a little kid.   maybe 7-9 somewhere around there.  was playing at my friends house. His dad was a truck driver at the time we were playing around and under the rig/trailer.    I was probably the only white kid in the area, my buddy was spanish.    One of the locals a teenager. came under the trailer while we were there and busted out a pocket knife pointing it at me.  Can't remember what he said but I was just mesmerized by the blade. He finally ran off luckily.  was similar to the medium sized buck folder. If he had wanted to stab me, I don't think I would have run I was scared as hell and would have gotten stabbed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Threw a guy out of the stripclub one night. Tried to scuffle with us a little bit so we gave him a pretty good toss.
Walks to the end of the building where one of the girls is sitting with her BF eating some food he had brought her for her break.
Dude tossed out opens his truck door and grabs a hunting knife and is muttering about fucking someone up.
Turns around and the dancers BF is like that's my fuckin homies! Knocked that dude silly on the spot.
Sheriffs dept. used to park on the other side of our parking lot by the gas station so here they came flying up.
Homie got beat up, went to jail and  lost his knife.
View Quote

Your sentences would be much more meaningful and understandable if they had subjects.  I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi; I just thought you'd like to be understood.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I got stabbed twice. I disarmed them both times and took them into custody.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You guys with guns are kind for giving these aholes a chance to rethink things. I need to be more wary of bums I guess...I always pity them and see them as harmless.

I had a cousin that dated a guy who was big...like 6'4" and very muscular. One night our families had dinner together and her boyfriend was there. He was bandaged all over and ended up telling us the story of how he had been stabbed multiple times. My cousins family lived down in the homestead area of miami at the time and it can be rougher down there. My cousin and her boyfriend had gone to see a movie and her boyfriend got into a fight with someone in the parking lot. He said the guy that jumped him was much smaller than him but pretty buff and just went crazy stabbing him as he beat the crap out of the guy. He got stabbed some crazy amount of times (10+). The er basically told him he survived bc of his thicker muscles and bc the knife had a shorter blade.
View Quote
Homeless/crazy people freak me out. I have to deal with them often for work, though luckily not like cops do. All I've learned other than avoiding them is never look one in the eye, they'll be screaming and banging shit in their little world, but you lock eyes with them and it's like all a sudden they realize you exist and direct their crazy at you.

I remember I walked by this dude passed out on a hedgerow thing, like was walking and just fell in and never got up. This poor office guy taking a stroll, tried to revive him, homeless guy freaked the fuck out on him and started running around bashing shit, pushed over a portapotty. I learned never look one in the eye, never wake one up, always look for human shit so you don't step in it. My homeless rules.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Both times I got cut.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]
A "minority" pulled a knife and threatened "im gonna cut your ears off,white boy"....I was 8 or 9.He was probably 18 or 19.
There were 5 or 6 of them.
That guy,years later,was convicted of murder and spent the rest of his life in the state prison.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok this guy had the presence of a little fuckin kid...
He ended up playing right into the stereotype and became a cop.

You're not wrong....
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

Don't get me wrong, that's not a dig towards all cops, but we all know the ones that grew up being weak, jealous, and probably picked on and got a badge so they can feel powerful.  He is that guy.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to be an appliance tech, was at a customers house to repair the microwave, diagnosed the problem all the while talking with the homeowner and he seemed to be fine.  I had called my office to verify the part was in stock, and told him I would be back the next day with the part.  All of a sudden he starts getting pissed and telling me to take it with me.  I explained I would be back the next day with the part, so no reason for me to take it.  He starts mumbling something and walks to the door by the kitchen that lead outside, and closes and locks the door.  He then goes to a kitchen drawer and pulls a knife.  I knew when he closed and locked the door I needed to leave, so I opened the door but the screen door was shut so I went through it.  Had to call the cops as my tools were still inside.  They show up, and set up on each side of the door, one cop takes a quick look inside, then another and he backs away from the door and the guy flings the microwave at him.  He went away in cuffs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#13]
In high school. Dude pulled a Buck 110 on me. I’m pretty sure he was intent on cutting me. He heard someone behind him and turned to look in that direction, I clobbered him with the duffel bag I was carrying. Bag was full off softball equipment. Coach had to pull me off dude because I was trying to kill him at that point. I’d rather face a gun than a knife.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#14]
i hurt somebody's feelings once.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I was working hospital security and was flagged down by a nurse who told me she saw a patient she thought was under an involuntary hold for intoxication (called a Marchman Act in FL) leaving the Emergency Department.  I was in an area of the hospital with no radio coverage and my supervisor had ordered us to stay off the air while he assisted the local police with a subject at gunpoint in our parking lot.  Large hospitals can be exciting.

I caught up with the obviously drunk patient and he claimed he had been discharged.  I asked to see his paperwork so I could leave him alone.  He reached into his back pack and instead of producing discharge papers came out with a cheap POS pocketknife and started staggering towards me.

I pulled out my ASP baton (wasn't armed with a firearm at the time) and said to him:  "Put the fucking knife away, or I will cave your fucking skull in."

The drunk, without missing a beat, folded up his knife and staggered off the property like nothing happened.   I wrote the incident up as verbal de-escalation and later learned the parient was not under an involuntary hold and had indeed been discharged.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
He pulled a knife on me.

Incensed, I took a swing at him.  He quickly shut the door, and my arm went through the door all the way up to my elbow.

Ah, siblings.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#17]
20 years ago.  A really drunk guy at a bar / restaurant eating his prime rib and drinking beer directly out of a pitcher.  He was slobbering all over the place. Started talking to me - I was at the table next to him.  Started being an asshole so I got up to go get management to deal with him.  He started slashing at me with his steak knife. I grabbed a chair and put it between us and then knocked him around a bit. We both ended up in handcuffs.  My girlfriend was like WTF? Management had the nerve to try get my CC to run my card for the meal I never got while I was sitting on the sidewalk with cuffs on. Thankfully a patron came out and explained the whole things to the cops.  They let me go and I assumed the other guy was going to be arrested for something.  Wrong. I saw him naked walking towards the stage at a concert 2 hours later. Next thing you know he is swarmed by security.  Strange.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#18]
A few times. I disarmed her, and eventually divorced her.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Forgot about this one.

I had just gotten back from working a security contract in Eastern Europe.  A good family friend had recently lost a leg due to his exposure to Agent Orange in Vietnam and needed help ripping out carpet and installing hardwood flooring in his house to make it easier to use his wheelchair.  The family friend had a son a couple years younger than me that I used to play with when we were kids.  I had not seen the son in years and in that time he had gone feral and gotten into drugs, both using and selling.

When I got there the son and another guy from the old neighborhood was at the Vietnam Vet's house.  We set about ripping out the carpet and putting in hardwood.  After a couple hours a pair of Daytona dirtbags show up and son starts dealing drugs right in front of me.  I let dad know and he asks me to kick out the customers.  I do just that by grabbing one and yelling "Junkies raus!" While physically tossing him out the door.  

The junkies decided that they didn't want to fuck with an angry security contractor yelling at them in German.  Son got upset that I fucked his deal and snatched up a hook knife in one hand and a razor knife in the other that we had been using to remove carpeting and started towards me.  His eyes got real big and he dropped the knives when I started to draw the USP45 compact I had on me at the time.  Funny thing was he never realized it was a gun and thought I was drawing a knife on him.  I left and didn't see the family again for years.

The Vet died a couple years ago due to complications from the Agent Orange.  I was present when they pulled the plug along with his wife and the son I almost shot.  Surreal for sure but I was sorry to see the old man go.  He was a great guy and his kid made the last years of his life miserable.  Also made things horrible for his wife after the old guy's death.  Last I heard she had lost the house and was homeless.  The kid was supposed to be taking care of her, but heroin junkies are terrible at that.  I have no idea what happened to the wife.  I arranged for a social worker I know at the local hospital to get her into an assisted living facility the next time she came in (she had lots of problems) but never heard if she was able to get some help.  I saw the son recently at court for first appearance, but did not talk to him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I was held up with a knife 45 years ago. Took the knife from him, got cut while trying, then I took his knife and stole his wallet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A few times. I disarmed her, and eventually divorced her.
View Quote

Bingo!

Sometimes a knife and sometimes a pistol.

ETA:
Yeah, divorced her.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
No, but I've had guns pulled on me twice, one of those times by a cop, the other by a meth head.  Neither was a pleasant experience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had a convict do that to me. Nope, nope, nope......I backed my away out the gate, went down to the armory, got me a 40mm "thumper" and a few bean-bag rounds, then went back into the cell-house and smoked him.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Once. I took it away from her.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Yep, 7-8 years old and with my parents at some sort of get together. Older teenage punk that lived nearby pulled me into a shed and put a knife against my throat. Kids I was playing with entered the shed and begged the asshole to leave me alone. He lowered the knife and left the area.

I’m sure the psychopath probably ended up doing time at KSP in Eddyville
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep, the old Techwood/McDaniel "residence hall" (they didn't like when we called them dorms).  Built as part of the Techwood Homes housing project, one of the first government housing projects.  All torn down for the '96 Olympics, which reduced the campus crime rate for a while.  Not the only encounter with street criminals while living there, just the only one where a weapon was pulled on me.
View Quote
Yeah, I laughed out loud when I heard they were going to knock down Crackwood Homes.

I did have a guy try and stick me in the back while I was working at a shitty bar in Marietta, but a biker guy I never liked much jumped him en-route.  I liked the biker guy just fine after that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:10:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, that's not a dig towards all cops, but we all know the ones that grew up being weak, jealous, and probably picked on and got a badge so they can feel powerful.  He is that guy.

View Quote

Yeah, i know several "that guys"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've pulled knives on people.  Nobody has ever pulled a knife on me.
View Quote

OK Corn POP
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Do Surgeons count?

View Quote

Damn right they tke the most money from you
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Some nasty native pulled a knife on me in the Philippines.

I bought it from him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Twice...

Both times right out of college. Watched my buddy get stabbed in the forearm by a little guy over an argument outside a bar. Quick stab and the kid ran away. It happened so fast we couldn't react.  Lots of blood.  Nobody called the cops and we took him to the hospital.  

Second time, same town about a year apart. Kid pulls a legit Swiss army knife on me at a house party. I pulled out my benchmade and told him there's only one rule in knife fighting.  Everyone gets cut.  He dropped his knife and ran. Never saw him again.  My buddies and i still laugh about that one to this day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, me and my buddy drove down to Nogales Mexico to go drinking ( we were 19-20 ) from Tucson. About 2003ish.

We parked on the US side and crossed, got F'n hammered 3 hours later. We were so drunk we couldn't find our way back to the border crossing. Stumbled around and next thing I know 3 guy's, one with a knife are trying to rob us.

My buddy Rick is so hammered, when I realized what was happening and looked over at him he was standing there with his arms straight up, looking at the sky like he was going to fly away like Superman.

I don't speak Spanish, and know I only have like $12 left on me. Pull out my wallet, give knife guy the cash and the a$$hole grabs my wallet and starts digging through it.

Now I get pissed. I'm 6'2 220 and these 3 FR's are 5'3 at best.

I snatched my wallet out of knife guy's hand with my right, and and backhanded bitch slapped him across the face with my left.

I thought it was game on fight time and the MF was going to come at me. BUT, the look on his face was like he was about to start crying ...WTF

The 3 of them take off running like lightning. Gone.

I grabbed Rick and started running the opposite direction.

4 or 5 blocks later we hit the border fence (2003). We can see the Deconcini port of entry is to our left (looking north from Mexico) about a mile or 2 away.

Drunk, I decided it would be in our best interest to climb the border fence. They can't arrest me for breaking into my own country right???

Well guess what?

We didn't get picked up by CBP?!?! Why, I think they were watching us....

Watching? Yeah.

I didn't know that the other side of the 12ft fence was a 20ft drop into a wash full of Cholla cactus.

I swear I could hear people on both sides of the border laughing there ass's off as we're screaming and running through the desert back to the car.

I still have scars from that night.

Good times!!!!!!!!

Shane.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:55:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I was drinking at a college Republican Party in a hotel room during a convention and this dude comes in the room and flashes a knife in my face cause I evidently offended him earlier in the evening. I slap the knife out of his hand and shove him back into my Marine buddy who puts him in a choke hold. I pick the knife up, close it, and tell his little entourage to take his drunk ass home before he gets his ass killed.

Next morning the dude is trying to have a drink with me at breakfast. I told him to fuck off, drinking is what got him in trouble to start with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:58:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Early 1980's at The Summit in Houston - now Lakewood Church. I tried to find the concert date but could not.

97 Rock radio station would make custom bumper stickers with the band's name at each concert they sponsored. They'd hand them out to the crowd outside the concert from the roof of their van. My best friend always went to get stickers whether or not he attended the concert. He had quite a collection of 97 Rock concert bumper stickers.

It was a Supertramp concert. I wasn't a fan of their's, but went to hang out with my friend.

We'd got our concert stickers and were heading back to his vehicle. Near the Summit exit doors next to Hwy 59 some Hispanic guys gathered around us and pulled a knife on me. I had no concept of situational awareness back then. I froze with a deer in the headlights look I'm sure.

Exit door opened as a concert attendee was leaving. My friend grabbed my arm and yanked me inside. We hung out in the Summit for a while, then went out on the other side of the building.

We are still best friends. I trust him more than anyone outside my family.

His wife and our then pastor's wife took it upon themselves to discard his "sinful" 97 Rock bumper stickers sometime in the 1990's.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:27:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Yes. Guy charged at me with a knife and I shot him. He died. It was scary.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup. I was around 13. Four of us were skating in the rear lot of a movie theater late at night. A Daytona comes screaming by. The passenger yells the typical "Skater fags!". One of our guys yells, "Fuck you!" The Daytona hits the breaks and goes in reverse. The passenger gets out with a boot knife. I guess he thought it was me. I don't remember what he was saying. I was pretty focused on that knife. My buddy runs up to his right side and smacks him with his board. Guy falls to the ground cradling his head. We bailed right after that. My buddy got him pretty good. There was a pretty big puddle of dried blood with some trails the next day.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes..

a loser pulled a knife on me in Salem, Oregon at the RedBox that is located at the McDs.

right in my face and I right away pulled my CCW which was a LCP with laser on it.

He saw the laser and then promptly took off.

Went inside and low and behold I informed the manager and their was a Portland off duty LEO inside, he promptly took off and ran away and did nothing as he didn't want to get involved.

Salem PD showed up and they went into action trying to find the guy.

They found him 1 hr later almost 1 mile away and he claimed that he was trying to SELL me the knife, that is why he showed it in my face.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#38]
I got slashed in a bar when i was 22. Gut had a box cutter and hit me on the arm. Pretty long slash, but nothing too major.

Friends and then the bouncers dealt with him before i even knew what was happening.

It was the last time i drank in a bar.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I got stabbed three times in the abdomen.  Did not put me out of the fight but sure as fuck sucked afterwards.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Arm bar, took knife, dick head tried to take it an cut his hand wide open by grabbing the blade.

Easy paneasy ma cheesie!

Problem solved with a lil bitch crying on the ground bleeding out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#41]
I've never had one pulled on me, but I have pulled a knife on somebody. Me and my girlfriend was leaving the drag strip late at night and it was dark, this guy comes running up behind her and about jumps on her back, well I can't readily identify who it is so, I turn around and pull my knife. It was my girlfriends oldest son. The look on his face was priceless! His eyes got as big as saucers!! I almost made him piss his pants.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Not a knife but a razor blade. I got cut on my arm but fortunately it was very superficial. Still have the scar. He went to jail.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, homeless guy in Detroit.

He was old and drunk but still a threat.

Took a couple steps back and talked him down.

We were "best buddies" after that and I wished him well and went on my way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#44]
No, but my dad had someone pull a knife on him when I was with him as a kid and the greatest one liner ever was heard.

"Is that knife made out of chocolate"

"No, what the fuck "

"Well tough shit, your getting ready to eat it"- pulls out 1911.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Once on a domestic call. Drunk methhead grabbed carving knife. Then he stared at the business end of a Glock 21 for a couple heartbeats. He dropped the knife, but wouldn’t turn around for handcuffing. He got tossed into the fridge, cuffed, and hauled to jail. His attitude didn’t improve much, and the jail deputies ended up pepper spraying him.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Nope.  Had a pissed off wife shoot in my general direction once, and people have said mean things to me, but I’ve never faced a knife.  Carried  Gerber MK 1 in my purse from 17 to 21, but never had need of it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#47]
I died.
Twice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
a pissed off wife shoot in my general direction once.
View Quote

Is there a bigger story there?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Late 1970's I was trying help a person out.  His payment back to me, was to pull a large hunting style knife.  All I had at the time was a Ruger Super Blackhawk, loaded with 240 grain HP rounds. It did not end well for him...
View Quote

Go on....

Best knife throwing story I know:  Coworker was stopped at an underground metro station by two black dudes who asked him for the time.  Coworker is a small Chinese man.  He asked them, "Either of you guys got a gun?"  "No."  "How about a knife?"  "No."  At that point, the coworker pulled out a knife and threw it on the ground.  "You do now.  Pick it up!"  Neither black dudes moved.  "Pick it up!"  "No thanks man," one said and they both hurried away.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
a pissed off wife shoot in my general direction once.

I hope so
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top