Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I just drank a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

no, you should shit on Deborah's desk
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are your knees weak, Mom's spaghetti?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#4]
The memory or the thought of repeating such an action nauseates me. However, when I was young and foolish I did it in about two hours. I can't see myself doing something so
foolish again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:08:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Once. 18 year old Jameson. First time I had any Jameson. Didn't take long to understand why it was recommended so highly. I couldn't put it down. Blew my mind.

Pretty sure it went, in my mind, something like "oh this is good", followed by "wow, this is great", along with "this is almost too good", and ending with "why is there linoleum in my teeth?"

I never was much of a drinker. Never said I wouldn't do it again, either.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, I  forgot the alcohol involved in my stupidity was Jack Black in a fifth.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:13:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Used to make a regular habit out of drinking a bottle of Jameson, over the course of about 4 hours.

Cant say I've ever managed it in 2.
View Quote

Same.

Usually over the course of 3-4 hours… No puking and I’d wake up not hung over… which is why I’m trying to not drink anymore.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:28:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Numerous times when I was 19-22 ish.  Had a party trick where I’d dump a bottle of absolut into a Taco Bell cup and chug it.  Did that a half dozen times or so.  Probably 50 times in that span of time I would kill a bottle of something on my own over the course of a 4-6 hour party.  

Was never a daily drinker, only at parties and at bars with friends a couple nights a week.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:34:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Drank a full bottle of whisky one night

Made an utter ass of myself.

Was violently ill some time in the night and now I can’t touch the stuff.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#11]
In my drinking heyday, I could do half a fifth and about four beers in 90 minutes and not really feel it.   A few years after I cut way back, I made the mistake of thinking I still had my old tolerance, polished off a fifth of dark rum in about an hour or so.  

I have dim memories of partying with some gang bangers.  I had no idea where I was, how I got there, or who they were.  Just remember having a pretty good time hanging out with them.   When I came around, I was passed out on my bedroom floor feeling like I was late for my own autopsy.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I have never purchased a 5th to drink.  I might have drank that much alcohol once or twice, I recall a few very bad days.

There were 3 offhand that I recall.  Graduation trip for HS, I got upset due to shit happening.  I drank a lot of premixed shit I brought, then did shots of everclear.  It was my first taste of alcohol poisoning.  Then there were 2 "I need some whiskey" moments with my friends.  One was when a friends "sole mate" announced her engagement to someone else.  Another was a friends "I am being deployed to Korea" night.  That deployment cost him his fiance and gained him his wife...  Fiance was very attractive, but was not a great person at heart - and the deployment brought it all to light.  His wife (now of about 30 years), was a former model, intelligent, strong, and a great leader.  She will probably retire a General before it's all over.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
In the Navy days, probably, there was a LOT of booze in many different ports. Since then, not a chance - I got tired of knee walking home. A bottle of rum will last me a few weeks or longer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:50:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I think my record is 6 1/5ths in 7 days. Not really a chugger. Slow and steady was my way.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I found a fellow Marine who chugged a fifth unconscious in the barracks late at night.  The Corpsman took him away unable to revive him. By 6:00 am the following morning all of his belongings were gone and his rack was stripped clean.  We never saw or heard what happened to him. Back in those days it generally meant he died.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:59:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Nope.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:00:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not since college, but a few times then
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:03:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Southern Comfort......  I'm sorry but that shit's NASTY!
View Quote

It's not whiskey either.  I guess lightweights don't know the difference.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I can think of two separate occasions where I downed a fifth of Southern Comfort. Not chugged, not glued, but over the course of a couple hours...oops, looks like I just drank a whole bottle of whiskey (with Coke and lime).

Sometimes I'm surprised I have lived as long as I have.
View Quote

Nope. I can get about 1/4 of the way in before my brain goes, "yeah, no, I don't want any more of this stuff, I'm changing the taste to 'yuck' so you stop drinking it."

I did drink a whole bottle of cheap wine one time on a dare though. As in, bottoms up, chug until the entire bottle is gone without even taking a breath. I agreed to drink the whole thing, it tasted like shit, so I figured might as well get it over with and just dumped the whole contents down the hatch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I plead the fifth.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In my drinking heyday... feeling like I was late for my own autopsy.
View Quote

Sounds like the epilogue to every "I drank a fifth", story.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:08:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Not even close.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:30:24 AM EDT
[#24]
When I was young and stupid.  That usually lead to bad hangovers...
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:31:12 AM EDT
[#25]
No, but a British leftenant and I downed most of a fifth of Jack just before heading out to the base of Moonlight Buttress one night, in Zion NP, UT.

We managed to talk a total stranger into heading out there with us, even though he wasn't even a climber.  And he was completely sober.

We must have been super cool storytellers that night.  That's all I can figure.

The guy was pretty cool, and even carried our extra pack back to our jeep when we realized  we brought more stuff that we could possibly haul up the wall.  I think that fifth may have hampered our logistical decision making that night before.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:34:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m half Irish.  If my non Irish wife that was raised Protestant didn’t raise hell about me drinking I’d go through a fifth pretty regularly over a couple of days.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I can think of two separate occasions where I downed a fifth of Southern Comfort. Not chugged, not glued, but over the course of a couple hours...oops, looks like I just drank a whole bottle of whiskey (with Coke and lime).

Sometimes I'm surprised I have lived as long as I have.
View Quote

Every night a bottle of buffalo trace and a pack of lucky strike unfiltered. I'm fine.....
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Of course. These days I try to only have a fifth in a night, and only if it's a certain occasion.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:06:57 AM EDT
[#29]
In my heavy drinking days a bottle of tequila or gin was a normal Saturday night
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Back in the day 1.75 liter a night, but quit a long long time ago, been there done that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:32:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes, many times back when I was in active service.
My friends and I drank a lot.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Yes, but not in the last 15-20 years.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I plead the fifth.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Plenty of times. Couldn’t do it now though.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No. I’d be sick.
View Quote

Would be dead

Never done that, never will....

I have never drank more than six beers at one time...

I worked with a guy who would stop on the way home on a Friday and get three cases of beer and by Sunday evening they would be all gone....he is dead now
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Once in college. Gave myself alcohol poisoning and learned a valuable lesson.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:29:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I’m on my 80th day of sobriety. A fifth used to be a decent way to get started.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:31:14 AM EDT
[#37]
It's been a long, long time.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:36:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

College is what truly separates The Weak from The Strong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not since college, but a few times then

College is what truly separates The Weak from The Strong.

A man learns a lot in college that helps keep him alive.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:41:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Back in the day, pretty much finished off a bottle of Cutty Sark. Was never sicker and punched the toilet tank so hard it busted. How I didn't end up with alcohol poisoning is a miracle in itself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Yup, on at least two occasions in my early 20s. JD once, jagermeister once. Both ended in embarrassment and could have been so much worse.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:51:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Have you ever drank a fifth?

I never killed a fifth in couple of hours, but I’ve scared the hell out of several.

In four or five hours, many times.
View Quote

In my younger days, this! Not any more shew
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 5:56:13 AM EDT
[#42]
In college it wasn't out of the ordinary for me to down a fifth of Smirnoff vodka in a night.

I stick with beer on the weekends these days, I don't touch liquor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Used to make a regular habit out of drinking a bottle of Jameson, over the course of about 4 hours.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Many times.  I had nights where I took out a half gallon.  A horrible way to live.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Yes,high school,vodka.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#46]
When I drank, I'd go through a handle of bourbon every two days, so depending on your time frame for "drinking a fifth," yes.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Never drank a fifth despite being drunk enough I couldn't stand up many times.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#48]
In college, yes
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:38:52 AM EDT
[#50]
I’ve come very, very close. It wasn’t mixed with anything though and I won’t pretend like I was being anything close to responsible.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top