Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2020 11:38:49 PM EDT
It seems, tragically, from the book burnings at the babelplatz in berlin college in the 1930s, students burned books that weren't German. Now we are experiencing the same tragedy from the far left. If it doesn't fit your ideology, you don't need to read it, but, should you burn books, in the end, people to will be burned. I fear that this might be another prelude to the Holocaust because we have forgotten our history!
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It seems, tragically, from the book burnings at the babelplatz in berlin college in the 1930s, students burned books that weren't German. Now we are experiencing the same tragedy from the far left. If it doesn't fit your ideology, you don't need to read it, but, should you burn books, in the end, people to will be burned. I fear that this might be another prelude to the Holocaust because we have forgotten our history!
View Quote

Are you German?
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#2]
The "Far Left", ya that was the Nazis. So same thing again. Forget your history and repeat it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
no, not really, but I have studied a lot to know that it's about to be the exact same destruction that we have witnessed in WW2, it's just going to be here in America.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:07:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no, not really, but I have studied a lot to know that it's about to be the exact same destruction that we have witnessed in WW2, it's just going to be here in America.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2020 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well there it is folks....he/she/it has studied "a lot".....it's hard to debate someone who has studied "a lot".
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Everything will be fine OP. Try to relax.

Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:37:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

How is going to play out?
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

samaanc, a better question is: why has mankind (throughout recorded history) never learned from history.

Google “The Fate of Empires” by John Glubb (published in 1978), for a 26 page *.pdf synopsis of his study of world history, you might find it interesting.  Glubb died in 1986, yet his writing describes what is currently happening in the USA to a tee.  The most disturbing part is that it is nothing new or unexpected, it’s just human nature.

If world history, over the past four thousand years, is any indicator; I fear the USA that I grew up in is lost.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Suggested reading: William Shirer's Rise And Fall of the Third Reich.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Op we forgot the lessons of WW2 the same day we decided to not bomb Puong yang & china   during Korea.

the lesson of WW2 was simple war sucks make it as violent & ugly & destructive as possible & end it quick.

the day we decided to fight a battle  with intentions beyond killing the bad guys we lost the lessons of WW2 and the moral high ground in all conflicts since

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Op we forgot the lessons of WW2 the same day we decided to not bomb Puong yang & china   during Korea.

the lesson of WW2 was simple war sucks make it as violent & ugly & destructive as possible & end it quick.

the day we decided to fight a battle  with intentions beyond killing the bad guys we lost the lessons of WW2 and the moral high ground in all conflicts since

View Quote

Pyongyang was heavily bombed and about 75% destroyed during the Korean war.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:45:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Hitler controlled the press and the left has the media under its thumb.   I believe that he controlled the press from 1938 on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top