Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2021 4:16:49 PM EDT
Bought a $350 generator two months ago and Paypal paid it even though all credit cards and bank info was expired. They want me to add a new bank account but won't let me and evidently they can't use the credit card I added. They keep sending same email and now are threatening something nonspecific. I think its entertaining after they locked my account cause Gunbroker and destroyed many businesses doing the same. I made an attempt to fix it but its their problem. AFAIK, there isn't a way to contact them when the lock account so enjoying the irony.

I don't know if they have my ss# so feeling very patient in trying to remedy this.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
888-221-1161
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#2]
So you owe PayPal $350. Simple solution, call them and pay it.

Your post to me sounds like you are looking for justification to be a deadbeat. Don’t be a deadbeat

888-221-1161
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea PP is stupid to deal with.  I had a balance and they would not let me pay it unless I linked my bank accounts to their system.

I was lucky and actually found a way to pay them via my bank without linking shit to them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask them if they will take some 5.56 at current market value in lieu of cash.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a fraudulent charge on my PayPal that I never used.  One time back in the very early days.  Never looked into it since I don't use PayPal.  Now they want me to pay it before my account can be used again.  At the time, I had a 6 month period to dispute it but that came and went without me knowing.  Not sure what to do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#6]
If I owed somebody money, I would pay it, send a MO? Bank check?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I won't give PP my bank info, which means the end of listing on eBay.  I'll cope.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yea PP is stupid to deal with.  I had a balance and they would not let me pay it unless I linked my bank accounts to their system.

I was lucky and actually found a way to pay them via my bank without linking shit to them.
View Quote

I just went through the same thing.  They couldn't provide me with an account number so that I could pay with my bank.  Called them and paid with a debit card, and closed the account
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I won't give PP my bank info, which means the end of listing on eBay.  I'll cope.
View Quote
That kept me from signing up many years ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
If they have your ss number, pay it before it goes to collections.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I owed somebody money, I would pay it,
View Quote

True.

But communists aren't people... so this is actually a tough call....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Just beware of scams.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Those cock suckers held 7.5k of my money for seven months.

I did not break their rules, and they did not allege that I did.

They literally did it just to be dicks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
So you knowingly “paid” for a generator using a PP account with no valid payment methods attached?

Pressure washer thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]
FYI Ebay just severed payment processing ties with PayPal. You don't have to use PP just inhouse with EBAY
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]
A fraudulent buyer on ebay backed out of a sale on an expensive item they bid and won, but ebay insisted on collecting about $150 in fees on the listing anyway, even though it didn't actually "sell". I shut my ebay account down and refused the fees, this was years and years ago.

It took them about 3 years but one day I started getting the nastiest collections phone calls, and that lasted over a year of unpleasant phone calls, until one day I got a reasonable debt collector on the phone who wasn't an asshole and I settled the debt for pennies on the dollar right over the phone.

So yeah expect your debt to get sold to collections and they will annoy you non-stop

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Why is this even a question? You owe the money. You pay the money.

Man, this place is going down the tubes fast.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Some of you people are the dumbest mother fuckers on Earth.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Pressure washers are free if you put them on the bottom of your cart and don't tell anyone.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So you knowingly “paid” for a generator using a PP account with no valid payment methods attached?

Pressure washer thread.
View Quote

Nope, I didn't know my stuff was old. In past they would just decline, like bank or CC if funds were insufficient. I have used them a few times in last five years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
You can deposit money into paypal via walmart, walgreens, etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Offer them 350 blowjobs?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why’d you leave a 7.5k balance in your PayPal
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I just found out about the change, this purchase was for a inverter generator deal posted here. Only reason for PP was autofill. Didn't have an account at Wen, was tired and saw they took it and all fields were filled. Thought was gtg, weeks later started getting notices, tried to correct and could not.

My only reason for making this post was many, maybe thousands had to deal with a corrupt company that could shut a business down for whatever. Recently read some stuff that they went rambo mode, shut down lots of accounts and literally said, nothing you can do about it. Now they have  a software issue which went to a peasant for a bit. Thats all folks. Same as Game Stop but this is their mistake. I'll let them pay for collection services before I pay, they deserve it.

Not a moral situation, at best a legal one. Not looking for justifications to not pay, maybe just a bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#25]
FUCK PAY SCAM

Don't pay them a dime... Even it out with all the money they've stolen in bogus account locks.

I sold a motorcycle & they paid PP and I shipped it.  Buyer signed for delivery & then claimed he never got it .  Pay scam sent an email on friday & closed the dispute on Monday before I could respond.  Reversed 5 grand out of my account & told me it was a closed matter.  Local cops wouldn't do shit either.

Fuck that co#k sucking company. They don't operate on the up & up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I emailed every Paypal address that was public saying I would contact my state representatives, the whole shebang, funds were released in a weekish.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#27]
So what they will do is charge the old bank info, and if your still with the bank they will basically forward the charge through until it does withdraw from your account.

I found that out when I had my linked account expire. I sold a brand new game on eBay, the kid did a refund scam and even though I had proof he received a new game, they refunded his money and he got to keep my game. And since I had used the PayPal card to spend the money, they eventually charged my expired bank info, and it was eventually routed to the correct new account

Sounds like you owe them, and better to fix it before you get fucked
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck PayPal

USPS MO only

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FUCK PAY SCAM

Don't pay them a dime... Even it out with all the money they've stolen in bogus account locks.

I sold a motorcycle & they paid PP and I shipped it.  Buyer signed for delivery & then claimed he never got it .  Pay scam sent an email on friday & closed the dispute on Monday before I could respond.  Reversed 5 grand out of my account & told me it was a closed matter.  Local cops wouldn't do shit either.

View Quote

When you sold the bike did you use Paypal gift (no invoice) ? What type of payment though PP? Just curious...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So what they will do is charge the old bank info, and if your still with the bank they will basically forward the charge through until it does withdraw from your account.

I found that out when I had my linked account expire. I sold a brand new game on eBay, the kid did a refund scam and even though I had proof he received a new game, they refunded his money and he got to keep my game. And since I had used the PayPal card to spend the money, they eventually charged my expired bank info, and it was eventually routed to the correct new account

Sounds like you owe them, and better to fix it before you get fucked
View Quote

Different bank in my case. Current bank has done that with fraudulent charges. Cancelled debit and new numbers were tied to old so they allowed charges until I had a say.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FUCK PAY SCAM

View Quote

I would of got on a fucking airplane over $5k
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Read the user agreement you signed.  Bring a lawyer.  You agreed that they can do whatever they want including seizing property and accounts.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:28:15 AM EDT
[#33]
go to your pay pal account via your phone.
find "add cash at a store "
find a store near you from thier list.
go to that store generate a barcode --the store scans it you pay them and it gets added to your account in about 15 mins. You get a receipt and and they send you an email when it goes thru.
You can add up to $500 a day.
done.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I just found out about the change, this purchase was for a inverter generator deal posted here. Only reason for PP was autofill. Didn't have an account at Wen, was tired and saw they took it and all fields were filled. Thought was gtg, weeks later started getting notices, tried to correct and could not.

My only reason for making this post was many, maybe thousands had to deal with a corrupt company that could shut a business down for whatever. Recently read some stuff that they went rambo mode, shut down lots of accounts and literally said, nothing you can do about it. Now they have  a software issue which went to a peasant for a bit. Thats all folks. Same as Game Stop but this is their mistake. I'll let them pay for collection services before I pay, they deserve it.

Not a moral situation, at best a legal one. Not looking for justifications to not pay, maybe just a bit.
View Quote

Just because someone else or a company is a piece of shit, doesn’t mean I’m going to lower my own personal standards. What you are telling everyone here is that you are a thief and you are okay with being a thief because “PayPal bad”. You know you owe PayPal money and you are okay not paying them what you owe. You didn’t have a problem with PayPal when you used them to make a purchase. PayPal even covered your purchase even though you didn’t have the funds in the account to cover that purchase. Now when PayPal has come looking for their money you are cooking up some moral justification to not pay your debt. Who’s really the bad person in this situation?

You claim that you didn’t know your account info was expired or not valid. I don’t believe you because if the linked card, debit or credit card is expired it will not let the transaction go through. You had to have had your PayPal account linked directly to a bank account via an account number and routing number. There is no expiration for this. You have to select the account you want to use and you see it before you finish your purchase. You had to have used a bank account you knew was closed or no longer active to end up in the situation you claimed in your OP.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#36]
OP's EE feedback rating checks.

Seriously OP, pay up

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Admit that the purchase was ACTUALLY for gun parts.

Void the entire transaction.

Win!
View Quote

Why am I not surprised to see you advocating theft.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just because someone else or a company is a piece of shit, doesn’t mean I’m going to lower my own personal standards. What you are telling everyone here is that you are a thief and you are okay with being a thief because “PayPal bad”. You know you owe PayPal money and you are okay not paying them what you owe. You didn’t have a problem with PayPal when you used them to make a purchase. PayPal even covered your purchase even though you didn’t have the funds in the account to cover that purchase. Now when PayPal has come looking for their money you are cooking up some moral justification to not pay your debt. Who’s really the bad person in this situation?

You claim that you didn’t know your account info was expired or not valid. I don’t believe you because if the linked card, debit or credit card is expired it will not let the transaction go through. You had to have had your PayPal account linked directly to a bank account via an account number and routing number. There is no expiration for this. You have to select the account you want to use and you see it before you finish your purchase. You had to have used a bank account you knew was closed or no longer active to end up in the situation you claimed in your OP.

View Quote

Answered already
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:55:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:02:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Win!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My advice to you, is that you should always avoid appearing to be a humorless douche.

Comments like the ones you just made, actually make it seem you are TRYING to appear this way.   But there is hope.

I realize that this will be a challenge for you, but we’re all rooting for you.  You can do it!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win!

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

My advice to you, is that you should always avoid appearing to be a humorless douche.

Comments like the ones you just made, actually make it seem you are TRYING to appear this way.   But there is hope.

I realize that this will be a challenge for you, but we’re all rooting for you.  You can do it!  

I’d rather appear to be a humorless douche than to appear to be a piece of shit, lying thief but hey, who’s keeping score..
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:09:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Well, you won!

Humorless Douche: 1

Lying Thief:  0

Nice work!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win!

I’d rather appear to be a humorless douche than to appear to be a piece of shit, lying thief but hey, who’s keeping score..
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

Well, you won!

Nice work!

Here some humor.

How long until you cry to a mod that I hurt your feels? 3..2..1..

Attachment Attached File

We all know you’re going to. It’s your SOP.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:12:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I’ve never done that.  Nope.  Not once.

By the way.... Congrats!

Humorless Douche: 2

You’re going great!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win!

Well, you won!

Nice work!

Here some humor.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif

By the way.... Congrats!

You’re going great!

The upshot to this cute little back and forth is this thread stays up top so more people get to see the theft the OP is trying to justify.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:17:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Ask them if they will take some 5.56 at current market value in lieu of cash.
View Quote

Or a picture of a spider
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Who?  Oh, the OP....

Yeah, they also see you.  

THREE POINTS!

Nice work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win!

Well, you won!

Nice work!

Here some humor.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400_GIF-121.gif

By the way.... Congrats!

You’re going great!

https://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Mark-It-Zero-Walter-Reaction-Gif-In-Big-Lebowski.gif

The upshot to this cute little back and forth is this thread stays up top so more people get to see the theft the OP is trying to justify.

Who?  Oh, the OP....

Yeah, they also see you.  

THREE POINTS!

Nice work.

I’m sure you’re cracking yourself up but in typical fashion your come backs stink of sadness and boomer. Get some new material.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:44:55 AM EDT
[#49]
tell them i are holding onto the money for the next 6-9 months like they do... due to suspicious activity

they held my money for months.  screw them

paypalsucks.com.  has happened to many people as well and they don’t do jack trying to collect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top