Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 7/30/2019 12:48:49 PM EDT
Tell us what you've seen.

Multiple answers allowed.

I also believe they should be called bigfoot as a plural. Not "bigfoots" like Matt Moneymaker calls them. It sounds retarded.

Bigfoot, plural. Like deer.

Report/s I submitted to the GCBRO

Other incidents have happened since this time. I probably submitted these around 1999-2000.

RECEIVED: From the G.C.B.R.O. Web Site Submission Form
DATE:

TIME:

Very Early Morning

Closest town, Fruitvale Texas,  Van Zandt county

TERRAIN:

Wooded with a creek and some swampy areas,

clearing

OBSERVED:

Myself and my best friend were camping out on a small hill
in a large mostly clear valley that had a heavily wooded creek going
through on the Eastern side of the valley, running North to South. The
valley is surrounded on all sides by woods. There are other patches of
trees in the valley itself.

I had recently joined the Texas Army Nat'l. Guard and had not yet gone to
basic training. However, I had been issued equipment. This is part of the
reason we decide to go camping, as the Army had just supplied me with the
equipment to do so.

We scouted around the valley first and located a good spot on the side,
near the top of a small hill. We then dropped our heavy packs and went
looking around, hunting really, as we prefered not to bring the added
weight of food and to live off the land.

As it got on towards evening, we returned to camp and started a fire and
cleaned, cooked and ate the rabbit and assorted birds we had managed to bag.

We stayed up for several hours after dark talking and late that night, we
laid down to go to sleep on our sleeping bags.

Several hours later, I awoke. I don't know why. I was laying with my head
uphill and my friend was a few yards down from me. Or so I thought. As I
awoke, I turned my head up and thought I saw my friend on the top of the
hill above me, walking across the top of the hill. My friend is/was not a
small man and by the bulk of the figure I assumed it was him, maybe going
to relieve himself.  I put no further thought into it and went back to sleep.

The following morning, I remembered what had happened and asked my friend
why he was up last night. He said he had not been up at all. So, I thought
nothing more of it.

We packed our things up and talked awhile and just hung around. A while
later my friend got up to relieve himself or whatever and called me over to
the top of the hill.
I walked over and he showed me a footprint, still fresh. It was in the soft
sandy dirt of a mole hill.
Right away, accusations flew back and forth until we both swore that
neither of us was the culprit.
We had a camera along and we took some photos. The camera was a little 110
and the photos came out somewhat blurry. I have lost track of them, but
possibly my friend still has some.
My friend, I believe wears a 13 13-1/2 boot and I wear a size 11. He placed
his boot beside the print and the print was still about two inches or so
longer.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):    We were sleeping.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:   Large torso. Was silhouetted against the night sky.

OTHER NOTES:

OTHER OTHER NOTES:

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:

Report taken and Posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Mary Green

------------

From the Files of
(G.C.B.R.O.)

Reported  by Confidential

DATE:Fall 88

TIME: Late morning

South East of Hwy's 80 and 19

Between Hwy's 119 and 243

TERRAIN: Wooded

OBSERVED:    This is just South of where I had my first sighting.  Me and my best friend had been deer hunting that morning and had had no luck.  We took a short drive to this area to try our luck calling in some coyotes or bobcats or other varmints with a predator call. We did not want to do this in our deer hunting area, naturally.  We set up off of an oily blacktop road about fifty yards to our North. This road is also the southern boundary to the valley where my first sighting occured.  We were in a small area in the woods, not quite a clearing, but most of the small bushes and trees were not present here.  I sat with my back to a decent sized oak and my friend did the same. We were facing each other, about ten yards apart so we we would not have any varmints come up behind us.   I began blowing on the call and continued for about three minutes. I then waited a couple of minutes and began again, this time not as loud. After a couple of minutes I stopped again. As usual, while not blowing the call, we were scanning the woods around us and listening.  Well, we didn't see anything, but listening sure payed off. I heard VERY heavy breathing, just start up, right behind me. I looked at my friend and could tell he had heard it too. I motioned for him to look behind me as I knew that something was right behind me. He had to see it, it was so close. But he's sitting there motioning for me to look behind HIM ! I motion again to look behind me and he's shaking his head that theres nothing there and to check behind him again. I shake my head again. No.  So we sit and wait and after a short while, a minute maybe two, the sound lessens and stops. We never have figured this one out. There is no way either of us did this and got away with it. We were too close to each other and too scared.  Needles to say, we held tight to our weapons and departed soon afterwards.
This makes sense only because of my earlier sighting several hundred yards to our north.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):  Blowing on predator call. Hunting.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:

OTHER NOTES:   No sound of walking, scurrying or anything.
No sounds or sights of ANY animal.

Follow up: f

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:   Yes. A possible bigfoot sighting and strange splashing in a creek at night to be submitted in other reports.

Report taken and posted to the G.C.B.R.O. web site by Trent Merrifield

---------------

From the Files of
(G.C.B.R.O.)

DATE:

Spring '89

TIME:

Late night / early morning

Closest town Fruitvale. Van Zandt county Texas

South East of Hwy's 80 and 19

TERRAIN:

Wooded creek cutting through mostly clear valley

OBSERVED:    My best friend and I were camping out in this valley that is mostly cleared, but surrounded by woods. A heavily wooded creek forms the East side of the valley.  We had hunted and then cooked and eaten our game. It was well past dark and we were sitting by the fire talking.  I believe we had some bourbon as well, but it had nothing to do with what occured.
Our campsite was about ten yards from the creek bank. We were on the West side of the North to South running creek.
We began hearing something splashing far up the creek. The sounds were getting closer and we could determine that it wasn't fish, nor someone walking nor beavers slapping the water with their tails. The sounds water makes when influenced by different things make distinctly different noises.  Something was being thrown into the water, and it was getting closer. Then we could hear it coming from downstream as well. The splashes were soon right to the edge of the firelight but we couldn't see into the creek from where we were as we were above the water and only shadow was cast down the bank. The upstream splashes arrived first. From the sounds, beginning far off, whatever was causing this moved with good speed through lots of grownup woods.
It was decided to douse the fire and then we relied on our flashlights. We caught the ripples of some splashes, but never any sight of what was thrown or who threw it. There are not many rocks around this place, but I guess maybe it was mudballs. We didn't really see anything floating.  And no, it wasn't fish.  At one point I even called out for whoever was doing this to stop as I would start shooting. The fire was still lit at the time and I was visible standing there with my shotgun. This was ignored. I didn't shoot anyway.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):  Sitting around a campfire, talking.

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:

OTHER NOTES:   Quiet night. Don't even remember hearing coyotes as we did all the time. It was still pretty cool weather.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:   Yes

---------------

From the Files of
(G.C.B.R.O.)

DATE:

11/01/90

TIME:

Late evening

TERRAIN:

Wooded

OBSERVED:    It was late evening. I had been deer hunting since about 3pm. It is usually dark around 6pm this time of year.
I had climbed a tree that was bending low over an old overgrown trail. The tree was about 10'-12' off the ground.
From this vantage point I could see up and down the trail about fifty yards in either direction as well as through some of the surrounding woods.  It was sometime after five in the evening as it was beginning to get dark. I had been scanning up and down the trail for over two hours and as I looked down the trail to my left, facing south, I saw a human shaped figure standing in the trees off the trail. My heart leapt as I had been looking this way off and on and had seen nothing.   The woods were already very shadowy but this thing was only about thirty yards away. I couldn't make out any clear face, but the body was dark and it appeared to have a slightly reddish color to it. The stomach on down area was covered up mostly by brush. There seemed to not be much of a neck. I would guesstimate the height to be around 9' as I wasn't really looking down on it as across.
It stayed there, unmoving for about thirty  minutes and just before dark it was just gone. I had looked away a few times to try to determine how I would leave the area without having to turn my back and the next time I looked, it was just gone. I left too. Quickly.

ACTIVITIES OF WITNESS(ES):  I was in a tree, deer hunting., see above

DESCRIPTION OF CREATURE:  I couldn't make out any clear face, but the body was dark and it appeared to have a slightly reddish color to it. The stomach on down area was covered up mostly by brush. There seemed to not be much of a neck. I would guesstimate the height to be around 9' as I wasn't really looking down on it as across.

OTHER NOTES:  I have seen trees torn and uprooted in the middle of the woods. Some large piles of scat.

OTHER SIGHTINGS IN THIS AREA?:   Yes. In another part of this county I saw what I now believe was a bigfoot. Also experienced some strange sounds and activity both day and night.  My friend found a single huge footprint in this same area above while I was away at Fort Knox Kentucky in late 87'.

Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:08:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive seen...
Your newest thread as the first post
The Zero Theorem
A girl squirt a 3ft wide puddle on the bed
Someone who loves .40s&w
Fly larve crawl across seams of a hardwood floor
Militawee jet going supersonic over my house
Pet raccoon
The remaining fringes of rave culture
Both atlantic and pacific ocean
Acdc live
Myself becoming the minority... at work
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Llama.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Seen lots if shit in the skythat cannot be discussed for 75 years,,,, so... "UFO".
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Do attack ships on fire count?
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've seen wolves in Colorado Springs back in the mid 90's.

I've seen coyotes with mange that would make you think WTF was that.

I've not seen, but heard strange sounds while hunting that I've never heard in my life, that'll make your hair standup and your asshole pucker.

When younger, we'd hear a panther call out in the woods just a few hundred yards from the home. I now live in that same home 40yrs later, but the cat calls have stopped. There a small creek nearby that was given the name by local Indians of Panther Creek, so through this story, the legend was true.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive seen lots of shit.  Things I can't really describe.

Three times I've seen what is best described as "the invisible predator"  
Like if you were looking thru a heat wave or a old wavy glass window.
Once against a tree. Once in the air and once at a spot across a field.

Another thing was this bright blue thing in the sky. We were waiting for a rocket from Elon Musk to launch.  We saw a blue thing come up on the horizon, travel across the sky to about a spot straight above us and go upwards til it was out of sight.
Muskys rocket never launched that night. No idea what it was or what it coulda been.

Seen a shitload of ghosts/spirits/demons/apparitions.  What ever u wanna call them.

Seen shit before it happened. Seen shit remotely.

Also once when I was a kid. I was staring at a bowl. Just completely focused on this metal bowl. It started to slowly vibrate wobble and roll. Like if you spun a quarter on its side and it wobbled to a stop.  Only backwards.  Just as I remember it starting to go my aunt came down the stairs. Looked at me and said "Don't do that, u might not be able to close the door"   and for some reason I got what she meant. Said "ok" and never messed with it again.

Also things I'm just not comfortable talking about. At all. Maybe in person. But not for the world to hear.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:16:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen fleeting apparitions out of the corner of my eye.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, in before over done michelle obama jokes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
UFO
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw a UFO with my cousin around 1994 in upstate NY, at my family farm on a very large hill top outside of Greene. We were ironically watching Sightings on tv, went outside to smoke, I had a maglight with me and flashed SOS at the sky for whatever reason. A bright white light appeared overhead, golf ball at arms length size. It was overhead for a while, didn’t make any noise, then it moved about half way to the horizon in about a second or less, it stopped, didn’t move for a few sec then the light was gone.

This one is my moms. 1979 I believe, in some apartments right near RIT (Rochester NY). Mom and her friend heard some woman screaming outside. They opened the curtains to see this lady freaking out in the apt across from them looking out her window. They then saw what she was worked up about, a ufo hovering silently over the next apt building over, not 100 ft away. It stayed there for minutes. She described the lights to me on it but I just remember white and red, not sure any pattern etc. my mom and her friend start yelling at the ufo, “take us with you” and other weird shit. The lady across the way closed her blinds and gtfo, she wasn’t having it. Eventually it left but I don’t recall if it’s exit was eventful or not.  I would assume the local police got hundreds of calls about it and I’d be curious to see reports from other people who were there. My mom still regular sees the old roommate when she’s back in NY, but from what I hear, she never wants to discuss the incident. My mom is a 100% drug free person. I think she smoked weed once when she was with my dad years later. She certainly wasn’t dropping acid and she isn’t an attention seeker, so when she told me this I believe her.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:09:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Just a few ghost/spirit/entity encounters.
The major ghost one I've written about in the creep thread...
Asleep in my bedroom outside of Boston. I think my female roommate has slipped into bed & is snuggling with me. I roll over to find no one is there, I sit up & the bedroom door is still closed & latched with a string (her cat liked to push the door open to prowl). So I get up, find my roommate & explain what had happened.
Her reply was "the old woman that used to own this house died in that room. It was probably her, you're not the first to encounter her."
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I've seen Beaucoup Billy
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
UFO - very close , memory lapsed and possible time missing. Experienced with brother - our conclusion, probable shared false memory.

Shadow "people" - experienced 2 shadows that were in the middle of the room. Lengthy observation and "interaction". Conclusion, probably an intense dream stored improperly.

The effects of my doppelganger. By effects I was present to when people saw "it" in another room while I was about 25 feet away in another room. They were all convinced it was me. Happened t more times through the years. I never say it. I cannot explain that one. I   guess some fucked up time dilation science fiction shit. I dunno

ETA also saw an orange glowing "ball" zip around through some trees. It was definitely reacting to the environment (ie avoiding branches) I only saw it very briefly but the other 6 or 6 people I was with got a longer view of it.  Conclusion? No fukin idea. Its folly to label it anything but unknown.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UFO - very close , memory lapsed and possible time missing. Experienced with brother - our conclusion, probable shared false memory.

Shadow "people" - experienced 2 shadows that were in the middle of the room. Lengthy observation and "interaction". Conclusion, probably an intense dream stored improperly.

The effects of my doppelganger. By effects I was present to when people saw "it" in another room while I was about 25 feet away in another room. They were all convinced it was me. Happened t more times through the years. I never say it. I cannot explain that one. I   guess some fucked up time dilation science fiction shit. I dunno
View Quote
We should..go ghosting.  ..
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've seen Beaucoup Billy
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would but ghosts don't believe in me apparently. Arent you up near Fernandina Beach? I have a buddy up there that is a big time believer. I have been promising him to try it out. I'll by the steaks and beer for the pre hunt.  While I am a skeptic, I am actually open minded on outings such as that. A mind too closed misses much.

If you see another me in the place I am outta there lol. Apparently the other me looks pissed off for some reason.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would but ghosts don't believe in me apparently. Arent you up near Fernandina Beach? I have a buddy up there that is a big time believer. I have been promising him to try it out. I'll by the steaks and beer for the pre hunt.  While I am a skeptic, I am actually open minded on outings such as that. A mind too closed misses much.

If you see another me in the place I am outta there lol. Apparently the other me looks pissed off for some reason.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
South and west.

By just over an hour.
I wont drink till after the hunt.
Wheres your buddy thinking of taking you?

You can Im. And yes.
If i see your double...were both out. Lol .
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I aint seent shit.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#21]
A shadow person once, and, what can now accurately be described as a TR3B over Arvada Colorado in 1996.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:52:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Llama.
View Quote
I too, have seen a llama.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:29:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Had an full body apparition event. When i was 10. Twice.
One was an older man. I described him exactly to my dad.
And a toddler.
Fast forward 30 years.
Both brothers end up describing the same old man.(we had never spoken about it to each other) My father then told us who he was along with the kid(not family related). Then recounted his encounters with the toddler and man. His mom "cleansed" the house and the activity ceased. Thats the cliff notes. But the "ghost" didnt seem ghost like...as if a real man was in front of me, and was giving off a " go away, go to bed,"  authoritative ,angry vibe.

Seen a full body shadow person with 2 others who also saw it.
Woke up to a black figure zt my feet on my bed. It had tge shape of my grandmother (same hair,body profile). I woke up...and thought it was my daughter and said " go to bed honey" and it vanished. My uncle died 2 days later.

Came into the room after a 3am piss. To see my wifes cat in bed curled up next to her, then vanish. The cat was on its last leg ,but outside. Found her dead under the house that AM. Directly under our bed.

Out ghosting ,doing a day light recon of a possible location. When something made me get instantly mournful and sad,angry,scared all at once. Almost started frying, then got really nauseous. It went away as i walked away from a certain area. My ghosting partner, got dizzy and had some emotional peaks going into the same spot.
Neither told the other, as we were both entering the area from different angles and at the same time( but were 40 yards apart, spot between us). We didnt speak till back at the truck about the occurrence.

Possible squatch stalking me and brother in WV, in the cranberry wilderness.

Ghost sighting at a location along  a road. Temp swings of 20-30f and orbs caught on film.

Strange flying orb , in bfe NC , on a 2 lane road through farm fields.

Skunkape , or something  big . Ran upright across the road while jogging. Roughly 150 yards away, taller than the stop sign it ran past. As i passed the spot seconds later, you could smell it and my dog wanted/alerted to the area of woods/swamp it ran into. Where i live is semi ruraland on the border ofva very large national forest .

Thats just some. Fast cliff note recountings.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Voted for UFO:

Saw a "flying saucer" when I was 5 or 6 (I've described this sighting a few times in GD, over the years.)

I saw a flying green orb (not ball lighting) once.

Voted for "other":

Saw the ghost of my dead uncle on the day of his funeral.

Saw a kangaroo in West-Central Ohio when I was groundhog hunting. In fact, I shot at it with my .22-250.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Speaking of skunk ape... in my part of Florida, there’s a power complex that used to be nuke + coal and they broke the nuke plant so I guess just coal now. Anyways, the security people I’m friends with and some other plant workers have had sightings of some fairly large primates around the exclusion zone. Public is not allowed within about a mile of the place, there’s security fences within this zone and woods, swamp, fields outside the fences but still inside the zone where people aren’t allowed to be. The security personnel have been reporting these primate sightings for at least 20 years and I recall it’s like a family group. It’s not the small monkeys like we have near silver springs that are infested with stds, they are seeing primates about the size of gorillas.  There’s been speculation that some “pets” got loose decades ago and just took to the wild and started a colony.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Only selected UFO because never figured out what we saw... But nobody there voiced the opinion that it was of otherworldly origin.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Speaking of skunk ape... in my part of Florida, there’s a power complex that used to be nuke + coal and they broke the nuke plant so I guess just coal now. Anyways, the security people I’m friends with and some other plant workers have had sightings of some fairly large primates around the exclusion zone. Public is not allowed within about a mile of the place, there’s security fences within this zone and woods, swamp, fields outside the fences but still inside the zone where people aren’t allowed to be. The security personnel have been reporting these primate sightings for at least 20 years and I recall it’s like a family group. It’s not the small monkeys like we have near silver springs that are infested with stds, they are seeing primates about the size of gorillas.  There’s been speculation that some “pets” got loose decades ago and just took to the wild and started a colony.
View Quote
I wonder if they are running the power lines?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oddly enough I've also seen a llama. No really. It came walking down the county road one day. Quite possibly the strangest story of all of them I'm about to tell.

UFO:

I've seen 2 very distinct UFOs, at least UFOs to me. The first time I was younger and my parents had some friends over. We lived in the country and the night sky was dark and beautiful. So on the friends' way to leave, we all walked outside on the porch to say good byes and look at the sky. There was a huge (huge to me at the time) orange light in the southern sky. It was out of place, ie not a plane/satellite/etc and it was moving very slowly and randomly. We all watched it for awhile and then everyone left. A few minutes later we went back outside and it was still there. We watched it for a few more seconds and it shot off out of sight. 10ish year old me said it looked like a starship had just went into warp speed. Of course this was the early 90s and no iphone cams handy.

Second time was maybe 10 years ago. I was sitting on the porch swing playing with my PVS-14. I had owned them for awhile now and was very aware of what you can see in the night sky with them, ie satellites and very dim meteors. I happened to tilt my head back, looking into the night sky beyond the roof behind me and I saw what I swear to god was a lit up fidget spinner looking thing. Spinning very very slowly, and moving forward quietly but quickly. It took me a second to comprehend what I was seeing. By the time I hopped off the swing and moved past the roof line for a better look it was already halfway to the horizon/treeline. This was not a plane, formation of planes, helos or anything else I've ever seen before. There was no discernible sound over the country night sounds.

Critter wise:
I've only seen one thing, and its not a normal crypto type critter. When I was a teen I was out in the pasture late one night shooting armadillos. I was looking out over our pond which had a yard light next to it. Why did we have a yard light next to our pond? I dont even remember anymore. But it did. I was maybe 100 yards away looking around when I saw something near the pond. I didn't see where it came from, but this small little....thing came walking into the light on 2 legs. From the distance it looked too big to be a racoon but not long enough to be an otter. It walked further into the light, looked around, bent over and picked up something with its hands? and turned around and walked back into the pond. Yes, like godzilla or similar water monsters just casually strolling under water. No big ripples, no air bubbles, it just went under and was gone. I watched the whole pond as best I could for half an hour and never saw anything come back up/out. Now could it have been some otter type thing? possibly. But I've never seen one act like that. We've also never seen any sign of water mammals living in that pond or even anywhere on our property.

As far as not-seen... I've not-seen but suspected other cryptos before. My suspicions are worth exactly what you pay for them, but I'm generally known to be not crazy nor mentally ill. I've "felt" things watching me in the woods or watching me from the woods. Some of those feelings quickly translated to seeing a coyote or a hog. Some of them turned into nothing except an even greater feeling of being watched. I've heard animal sounds, that don't sound just right. Like something pretending to be that animal. Owls and rabbits being at the top of the list. I've seen things show up where they shouldn't/couldn't be. Like a very large chunk of limestone suddenly being on top of the grass in my hay field. Not like it had been turned up by equipment. It had been moved from where it was and left there.

Nothing solid. but nothing perfectly explainable either. Just enough to always make me wonder and always enjoy reading these threads on arf.
View Quote
That water creature story is very interesting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oddly enough I've also seen a llama. No really. It came walking down the county road one day. Quite possibly the strangest story of all of them I'm about to tell.

UFO:

I've seen 2 very distinct UFOs, at least UFOs to me. The first time I was younger and my parents had some friends over. We lived in the country and the night sky was dark and beautiful. So on the friends' way to leave, we all walked outside on the porch to say good byes and look at the sky. There was a huge (huge to me at the time) orange light in the southern sky. It was out of place, ie not a plane/satellite/etc and it was moving very slowly and randomly. We all watched it for awhile and then everyone left. A few minutes later we went back outside and it was still there. We watched it for a few more seconds and it shot off out of sight. 10ish year old me said it looked like a starship had just went into warp speed. Of course this was the early 90s and no iphone cams handy.

Second time was maybe 10 years ago. I was sitting on the porch swing playing with my PVS-14. I had owned them for awhile now and was very aware of what you can see in the night sky with them, ie satellites and very dim meteors. I happened to tilt my head back, looking into the night sky beyond the roof behind me and I saw what I swear to god was a lit up fidget spinner looking thing. Spinning very very slowly, and moving forward quietly but quickly. It took me a second to comprehend what I was seeing. By the time I hopped off the swing and moved past the roof line for a better look it was already halfway to the horizon/treeline. This was not a plane, formation of planes, helos or anything else I've ever seen before. There was no discernible sound over the country night sounds.

Critter wise:
I've only seen one thing, and its not a normal crypto type critter. When I was a teen I was out in the pasture late one night shooting armadillos. I was looking out over our pond which had a yard light next to it. Why did we have a yard light next to our pond? I dont even remember anymore. But it did. I was maybe 100 yards away looking around when I saw something near the pond. I didn't see where it came from, but this small little....thing came walking into the light on 2 legs. From the distance it looked too big to be a racoon but not long enough to be an otter. It walked further into the light, looked around, bent over and picked up something with its hands? and turned around and walked back into the pond. Yes, like godzilla or similar water monsters just casually strolling under water. No big ripples, no air bubbles, it just went under and was gone. I watched the whole pond as best I could for half an hour and never saw anything come back up/out. Now could it have been some otter type thing? possibly. But I've never seen one act like that. We've also never seen any sign of water mammals living in that pond or even anywhere on our property.

As far as not-seen... I've not-seen but suspected other cryptos before. My suspicions are worth exactly what you pay for them, but I'm generally known to be not crazy nor mentally ill. I've "felt" things watching me in the woods or watching me from the woods. Some of those feelings quickly translated to seeing a coyote or a hog. Some of them turned into nothing except an even greater feeling of being watched. I've heard animal sounds, that don't sound just right. Like something pretending to be that animal. Owls and rabbits being at the top of the list. I've seen things show up where they shouldn't/couldn't be. Like a very large chunk of limestone suddenly being on top of the grass in my hay field. Not like it had been turned up by equipment. It had been moved from where it was and left there.

Nothing solid. but nothing perfectly explainable either. Just enough to always make me wonder and always enjoy reading these threads on arf.
Indeed.

But I'm not mentioning the l_____ p_____.

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wonder if they are running the power lines?
View Quote
I think that primate group stays pretty close to the plant but it’s entirely possible for animals to migrate along the “greenways” in Florida. We have bears and panthers that cover huge ranges with minimal contact with humans and almost never getting hit by cars.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Indeed.

But I'm not mentioning the l_____ p_____.

View Quote
What are you referring to?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What are you referring to?
View Quote
Quoted:

yeah I'm not tracking either.
View Quote
Small folks.

Not supposed to name them.

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Small folks.

View Quote
I know what your talking about.  Why can’t you name them?
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Small folks.

It supposedly summons them.

Little people.

Link Posted: 7/31/2019 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Little people.

View Quote
I have never heard that.  I have talked to a couple of people that have had an encounter with them.  One was a family where the dad and his two sons described their encounter with it.  The native lore is that they will happily lead you to your death if I am not mistaken.  I never heard that they live underwater.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Could easily be adult chimpanzees.
Full grown, they are a force to be reckoned with.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have never heard that.  I have talked to a couple of people that have had an encounter with them.  One was a family where the dad and his two sons described their encounter with it.  The native lore is that they will happily lead you to your death if I am not mistaken.  I never heard that they live underwater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Little people.

No underwater relation that I've heard. The rest of the story though..
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464777/chimpanzee-adult_jpg_jpeg-1037580.JPG
View Quote
I would rather bump into bigfoot lol. Chimps are terrifying
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 8:35:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464777/chimpanzee-adult_jpg_jpeg-1037580.JPG
I’d rather sandpaper the asshole of an alligator.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Aug 2013. My future wife and I were traveling out to Laughlin on the 40 at around 11pm. About halfway there I made the remark of seeing what looked like flashes of light far off in the distance. Almost like fireworks maybe? Definitely not lightning as it was low and no clouds.

Anyways maybe like 30 min later, off to our right which would be west, we see something sort of low in the sky. Best way I can describe it is two balls of light that would start at the middle together and sequentially illuminate away from one another at like a 45 degree angle then stop and repeat. It was stationary as well as we drove past it. We kept asking each other the hell is that? There were other cars on the road too and I wondered if they were seeing this too!

Didnt even think to take a picture until we were pretty far past it but I doubt it would've turned out well as we were moving.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd rather sandpaper the asshole of an alligator.
View Quote
Safer there, than at the front.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:47:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I have Orbs in my garage. Does this count? Not very many pics that I take out there have Orbs, but a few do. The guys at THE RIPS ( Researchers in Paranormal Specters ) say that they are Spirit Orbs because they appear to have faces !

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have Orbs in my garage. Does this count? Not very many pics that I take out there have Orbs, but a few do. The guys at THE RIPS ( Researchers in Paranormal Specters ) say that they are Spirit Orbs because they appear to have faces !

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/72388/lift09_jpg-1037943.JPG
View Quote
I saw 2 of those once in my room at the family farm from my ufo sighting report. I opened the door and it was almost like I interrupted something. They were initially near each other stationary, but then became aware of me or something then swirled around the room and disappeared. I believe 1 was purple and the other was *possibly* green. That farm had a lot of weird stuff.  Another thing was the basement. Every time I turned my back to go up the stairs, I had the worst feeling of impending doom like if the basement was full of some nasty predators chasing me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:33:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/72388/lift09_jpg-1037943.JPG
View Quote
I took a picture of my kid underwater. The pic was filled with orbs. Probably the most haunted pool in the world apparently.

Honestly the whole orbs in pictures should not be taken as evidence IMHO. Its getting too many people chasing after non evidence (digital artifacts) when it may cause them you miss better stuff. The whole orb thing didn't really become a wide thing until digital cameras.  Now if you see an orb with your naked eye? Thats a different story.

When "ghost" orbs 1000% resemble non ghost orbs in digital photos, its best to use the logic of them being the same as non ghost orbs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I took a picture of my kid underwater. The pic was filled with orbs. Probably the most hunted pool in the world apparently.

Honestly the whole orbs in pictures should not be taken as evidence IMHO. Its getting too many people chasing after non evidence (digital artifacts) when it may cause them youmiss better stuff. The whole orb thing didn't really become a wide thing until digital cameras.  Now if you see an orb with your naked eye? Thats a different story.

When "ghost" orbs 1000% resemble non ghost orbs in digital photos, its best to use the logic of them being the same as non ghost orbs.
View Quote
Dust moisture  bugs etc etc.
Especially with certain lighting.
Only one i captured that i put any seriousness to. Was in an area where a sighting was. Temp dropped -+20f. 2 am , 82f and humid. At that point we started taking pictures.
The cold spot was just that 2-3 ft area. Orb was big and in the center of that spot.

Sides that every other one ive caught has been able to be debunked.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

No underwater relation that I've heard. The rest of the story though..
View Quote
Lots of stories of entities luring the unlucky to their deaths by drowning.

Jenny Greenteeth.

Peg Powler.

The Grindylow.

I used to dismiss most folklore as stories, until I started connecting the dots on the similarities between the modern day abduction phenomenon and the old stories of fairy hills and changelings.  People back then dealt with the same strangeness that many of us experience now, they just explained it in terms that made sense to them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top