Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 10:45:39 AM EDT
I've got several sets of Surefire Sonic Defenders which are great. Has anyone tried the Safariland impulse plugs? I was thinking about trying them under my Peltor active muffs.

This unique product offers superior noise-blocking (NRR of 33dB) performance in a reusable, high-end earplug. Its enhanced contoured shape is easy to insert and the proprietary material offers superior long-wearing comfort, delivering solid performance that you can depend on. The patented Impulse Filter Technology, automatically engages to protect hearing but allows normal ambient audio to pass through. Great use for protection against single shot, explosions, automatic rifle fire, artillery, impulse & impact noise.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
These have been out since 2017.

I tried them, love the metal container, wear them under my SORDINs for indoor shooting.

If I'm just plinking I prefer the Surefires because they have the little wire between them so I can hang them around my neck while I reload.

They work as well as any in-ear plugs for noise suppression.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These have been out since 2017.

I tried them, love the metal container, wear them under my SORDINs for indoor shooting.

If I'm just plinking I prefer the Surefires because they have the little wire between them so I can hang them around my neck while I reload.

They work as well as any in-ear plugs for noise suppression.
View Quote

How are they at letting conversation and other low level sound through?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

How are they at letting conversation and other low level sound through?
View Quote

Small sounds fit through the small hole. Big sounds do not fit through the small hole.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#4]
They don't replace electronic ear pro for that if you're trying to, in my experience none of the non-electronic stuff works as advertised for letting through conversation while shooting.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Small sounds fit through the small hole. Big sounds do not fit through the small hole.
View Quote

Science!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I have had them for almost 3 years. They have been on my key chain on my belt loop since day one.

I use them for everything from shooting to mowing the lawn.

Put them in the tube pointy side up so they are easier to get out
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The container is great, the earplugs suck IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top