Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
Has anyone here used the rotor and brake pad sets sold by Brakemotive on EBay?

They seem very well priced but I wanted get some ARFCOM hive opinions on them first.

Are there other vendors with good rotor and pad sets I should also look into?

ETA:  I am looking at the standard solid rotors, not the slotted/drilled types.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using them for years and have probably bought 10-20 sets from them. I run them on all of my cars, and I have several. My experiences have been great. I don't understand how they offer such great quality for the price, but they do. They also ship super fast and have amazing customer service. I was originally recommended them by my friend who is a mechanic. He runs them on his personal car, and has also bought a bunch of sets.

They used to just rebrand Power Stop pads as their own and it seems like they used Power Stop blanks and just did the machining in them. If you ordered blanks from them they'd send them in the Power Stop branded box. A few times the pads have come in the Power Stop box as well. I can't confirm if they still use these or not as it's been a year or so since I've needed to buy any.

The 3 times I've needed customer service they have been exceptional. The first time I ordered a set for a friend's Civic. While they were listed as fitting, they were the wrong size. They quickly issued me a return label and a refund.

The second time, I received a rotor for with a chip in it. It might have been fine, but made me uneasy. They quickly sent out a new set of rotors.

I also contacted them about rotors that got warped early on during their warranty period on one my Accords which is notorious for warping rotors. It's hard for me to blame the rotors here as this car seems to do it to all rotors. They really should have used larger breaks. They also replaced these under warranty for me.

They've held up well on all of my other cars, performed exceptionally, etc. They are my first stop when I need pads and rotors. I only shop elsewhere if they don't have them.

I will say, that my friend that recommended them to me recently bought hubs from them and they didn't seem up to the same quality standards as their brakes. So I can't comment on anything other than their pads and rotors.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
@slowr1der

Thanks I appreciate your input!  Sounds like Brakemotive is good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top