Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 11:16:37 AM EDT
I see that there's a TLR-6 designed specifically for the M&P Shield. I'd like to know more about this, like 1) how exactly does it mount, 2) how secure is the mount, and 3) will the laser (if you get that option) come anywhere close to holding a zero?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I put on on my daughter’s shield.  It mounts onto the trigger guard.  I can’t speak to the laser holding zero.  She’s only put about 300 rounds through it, but from what I could tell, it hasn’t drifted.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Also interested. And interesed in a holster option kydex IWB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one on my G43. Mount is solid. Light is good. Laser holds zero.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had one since they came out. Now on a 2.0 They honestly are pretty damn good. Well over 2000 rounds on it and the laser zero is still good. I did break the front glass in a class, but stream light had it back to me within 2 weeks I wanna say.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also interested. And interesed in a holster option kydex IWB.
View Quote

I’m using a DSG Holster and I really like it.
https://www.dsgholsters.com/holsters-dsg-1112-0013
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Not on the Shield but I have one on my 365 and 43X. I’m not super impressed with the lumens but the unit works well and you basically get a “free” laser (no added size, minimal added cost), and it has the most holster options available relative to other lights by a long shot. I like the Crimson Trace grip activated light/laser combos more, but I never find holsters for them, let alone the holsters I want.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Another one here, since they came out.
Settled on Black Arch holsters for IWB (hip, not appendix).
Very comfortable.

Just picked up a P365xl, still debating which direction to go with that one.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have had one since they came out. Now on a 2.0 They honestly are pretty damn good. Well over 2000 rounds on it and the laser zero is still good. I did break the front glass in a class, but stream light had it back to me within 2 weeks I wanna say. https://i.imgur.com/ccRCBOn.jpg
View Quote
Who did the machining for the Holosun? My wife has a Shield with a TLR6 and I think a red dot could be awesome for her.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a Viridian laser that attaches on the trigger guard and a Alienwear holster specifically designed for this setup.  The holster has a magnet that turned the laser on/off.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the tlr6 with the different mounts in the same package. I have had it on a gen 1 9mm shield, glock 43 and now it lives on a gen 4 glock 26. It clamps a around the trigger guard. It held zero for me on all of them but it didn't stay on the first two guns very long before I traded them for something else. I agree it's not super bright but for the size it enough light for up close pistol shots. My only complaint would be my fingers aren't long enough to activate it without changing my grip.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who did the machining for the Holosun? My wife has a Shield with a TLR6 and I think a red dot could be awesome for her.
View Quote

I did it myself. Perks of the job. It’s a 507k-x2 awesome little dot.. I’ve beat the piss out of a 407 on an arisaka offset on a .308 pistol, so figured I would try it out on the shield.
Maple leaf firearms is in Texas, and they do a great cnc job for 130 I wanna say

And alien gear holsters are my absolute go to, had to modify for the red dot, but I’ve forgotten it’s there on long car rides plenty of times
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Well thanks alot....This damn site never stops costing me money

Just ordered TLR-6 and a dang holster for my Shield....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not on the Shield but I have one on my 365 and 43X. I'm not super impressed with the lumens but the unit works well and you basically get a "free" laser (no added size, minimal added cost), and it has the most holster options available relative to other lights by a long shot. I like the Crimson Trace grip activated light/laser combos more, but I never find holsters for them, let alone the holsters I want.
View Quote
I'll echo that sentiment.  The light output isn't impressive by any means, especially compared to a 300X or TLR-1, but it is more than adequate for lighting up a target within 10 yards or so.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I put on on my daughter's shield.  It mounts onto the trigger guard.  I can't speak to the laser holding zero.  She's only put about 300 rounds through it, but from what I could tell, it hasn't drifted.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/348185/68AF86BE-B10F-43E5-860D-51BDD5889698_jpe-1791310.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/348185/76184B06-DA62-4A5C-AECB-14BDB84A9EE4_jpe-1791311.JPG
View Quote
What trigger is that and what's up with the mag extension?  I've not seen either before.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I like it, though I dont carry or shoot it often any more.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#16]
My old man has been carrying a Shield with TLR-6 for years now. Been rock solid and the laser hasn't drifted even though the light is fairly weak.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:23:08 AM EDT
[#17]
It just clamps on the trigger guard. It's really quick and easy to install and I haven't noticed any drift in POI. I wanted it more for the light than the laser but I admit the laser makes it easier to hit moving possums and racoons in the barn
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#18]

It’s in my pocket right now too  

Clamps on.
It’s solid on there.
Mine has held zero.

It’s not blinding bright, but it’s enough to make someone pause that’s not expecting it or to help ID a target at close range (10-15 yds).

I’m using an IWB Detroit kydex holster (I think that’s it), but it usually ends up in my pocket and not IWB.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I see that there's a TLR-6 designed specifically for the M&P Shield. I'd like to know more about this, like 1) how exactly does it mount, 2) how secure is the mount, and 3) will the laser (if you get that option) come anywhere close to holding a zero?
View Quote
I put about 300 rounds through the combo.

I had an M&P40 Shield with TLR-6. The setup was great, .40 S&W sucks, though. It was an easy light to work. O would consider the same setup in 9mm, but I went back to carrying full-size guns after it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:00:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a Gen 1 SW MP Shield with safety. I've mounted the TLR 6. It works and is durable. It is easy to operate. Zero seems to hold. I carry it in an alien gear holster designed for use with the TLR. It is clunky as fuck with the TLR. The TLR really messes with the ease of concealment. I really should ditch the TLR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What trigger is that and what's up with the mag extension?  I've not seen either before.
View Quote

It’s got an Apex trigger with their duty/carry kit.

The magwell is made by Samson. I have one on my shield and my daughter liked shooting mine better. So, I had to put one on hers as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I did it myself. Perks of the job. It's a 507k-x2 awesome little dot.. I've beat the piss out of a 407 on an arisaka offset on a .308 pistol, so figured I would try it out on the shield.
Maple leaf firearms is in Texas, and they do a great cnc job for 130 I wanna say

And alien gear holsters are my absolute go to, had to modify for the red dot, but I've forgotten it's there on long car rides plenty of times
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did it myself. Perks of the job. It's a 507k-x2 awesome little dot.. I've beat the piss out of a 407 on an arisaka offset on a .308 pistol, so figured I would try it out on the shield.

And alien gear holsters are my absolute go to, had to modify for the red dot, but I've forgotten it's there on long car rides plenty of times
Thanks!

I did not realize that Maple Leaf was in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have a Gen 1 SW MP Shield with safety. I've mounted the TLR 6. It works and is durable. It is easy to operate. Zero seems to hold. I carry it in an alien gear holster designed for use with the TLR. It is clunky as fuck with the TLR. The TLR really messes with the ease of concealment. I really should ditch the TLR.
View Quote

Interesting.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to know.  I've debated putting one on mine and haven't, I figured it'd mess with the handling and they're not very bright- plus I'd have to buy new holsters.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
It's a great handy concealable firearm. I think that when you add the TLR you diminish it's practical value. It goes from smaller than a PPK to bigger. But, there are positives to the TLR. It works. (I can remember when trigger guard mounted solutions were crap.) The addition of weight on the dust cover does not induce malfunctions. There aren't sharp edges. It's designed for ease of draw and ccw. Battery life is good. You do need a flashlight and this does solve the problem. You don't need to draw the pistol, assume a good grip, and then jiggle around for a light in your off hand. But I can't help but think if I'm using a weapon mounted light, why not just go with a Glock 19/Sig 365 micro/etc?

The addition of a TLR 6 is not that expensive (Midway USA $114). The alien gear holster is not that expensive (Alien Gear $43.99). Try it. You may not agree with me. If you do, there's always the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top