Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Send a dick pic and ask if he's DTF.

You will never hear back.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Paste some of these text messvex for us to read. How much time does it take to send 100 text messages?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Went to work with an old friend of mine from college about six months ago.  We both left our professions to attempt an online startup.  He foot the bill, so technically I was working for him.  All legal documents submitted.  Just like any real job.  Except I never took a dollar from him.  Nor was it offered.

After going live with the business things started getting a little weird.  He would call me and keep me on the phone from one to three hours at a time.  Sometimes two or three times a day.  Even after hours.  99% of those calls were him talking and me zoning out.  They didn't make sense.  Half the time I had no idea what he was talking about.  Other employees were calling me to let me know they were going through similar issues.

Long story short, one night the guy snapped.  He fired everyone in the company.  He had some sort of mental snap or perhaps a drinking problem that I was unaware of.  Not really sure.  I woke up the next morning to just over 300 text messages.  I didn't respond.  In those text messages were some crazy shit as well as a lot of personal attacks.  Some not even truthful.  A few weeks go by and I wake up to just over 100 text messages.  Same garbage.

I reply insisting that he no longer contact me and that any further contact would be considered harassment.  Thought it did the trick.  A month or so went by.  I'm now getting phone calls from random numbers, especially when I don't answer the calls from his direct number.  I'm getting text messages again.  Woke up this morning with 5 e-mails from him within 10 minutes of each other.  Just complete garbage... one was just a screenshot of my LinkedIn profile.  Another of him showing that he has access to all of my e-mails I sent/received while employed.  Nothing i'm concerned about as it was 100% business.

I've moved on.  I'm back to work at my old career.  Ming more money than I did before I left.  I had a few months off from work that was priceless.  I have no ill will towards the guy.  I realize that he has something wrong with him.  I hope that he gets the help that he needs.  The only thing I want is for him to stop contacting me.  He needs to move on.  I'm afraid his condition won't allow it.

Do I bother with legal action in attempt to force his hand, or do I just change my number and e-mail?  I'm thinking the later might be easier.
View Quote
This is why we need red flag laws.

Link Posted: 12/15/2018 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Ray Bones
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]
A guy acting like that on his own spouting random untrue stuff isn't about to leave it alone if he's really contacted by legal or authorities IMO.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paste some of these text messvex for us to read. How much time does it take to send 100 text messages?
View Quote
As much as I would like to, not a smart move.  It's full of personal information and employee information.  I could redact, but that's very time consuming.  Maybe i'll get around to it but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I know I am attempting to rationalize a irrational person but bear with me...

What was the nature of his "snapping and firing everyone?"  What was his stated reason for doing so?
The business failing?  Needing scapegoats to save his ego?  Did he ever give windows into his mind?

It may not mean anything, but I tend to like to know what I am working with in situations like this, and I'd want to have a bearing if I were in your shoes.

Do you have the ability to find out if he is doing the same thing with the other employees?  How many were there?  Can you contact them?

If he is doing this with all the employees it is a LOT different than if he has singled you out.  Like, carry a gun to the bathroom kind of different.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I know I am attempting to rationalize a irrational person but bear with me...

What was the nature of his "snapping and firing everyone?"  What was his stated reason for doing so?
The business failing?  Needing scapegoats to save his ego?  Did he ever give windows into his mind?

It may not mean anything, but I tend to like to know what I am working with in situations like this, and I'd want to have a bearing if I were in your shoes.

Do you have the ability to find out if he is doing the same thing with the other employees?  How many were there?  Can you contact them?

If he is doing this with all the employees it is a LOT different than if he has singled you out.  Like, carry a gun to the bathroom kind of different.
View Quote
That's the hard part.  Trying to figure out someone who isn't in their right mind is a very difficult if not impossible thing to do.  No reasons were stated.  I didn't care enough to attempt resolving the issue.  Basically it was a huge red flag and I took the hint to eject and move on.  I'm thankful that it happened so quickly and not years into the business.  I can't say the business was failing as it was a startup.  We had really only scratched the surface.  The business model was sound and I expected it to succeed.  That said, success is never certain.  I've spoken to several of the other employees as we were all friends before this ever started.  We are all just as confused, but we also all had backup careers to fall back on.  No one was impacted financially.  Out of all of us, i'm the only one he's contacting.  Most likely because we were friends in college.  He wasn't friends with the other employees.  I brought them on personally as I knew what they could offer.  I'll exercise caution but i'm not overly worried about acts of physical violence.  No more so than I am from anyone.  He'd be barking up the wrong tree if he went that route.  Unless he got the jump on me.  Anything is possible.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems like you should have corrected the problem as it was happening, or found out what was going on right after.

Now it's too late.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:29:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You could pay an attorney a couple of hundred bucks to draft and send a cease and desist letter on your behalf.

Or you could just ignore it until he latches on to someone else.
View Quote
IMHO this is unlikely to work, since it sounds like the guy is seriously mentally ill or addled, not just an asshole.

OP, is there any chance he got heavily into methamphetamine or some other brain-rotting drug that would make him paranoid?
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:37:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Document everything. Lawyer up and provide the hired parasite, with all the documentation.

When his yellow eyeballs stop spinning in his head, and stop with $$ showing, turn him loose.

Lawyers are the scum of the earth, but serve a purpose the same as the bacteria in a septic tank.

Let him deal with the psycho bastard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Today he's sending you hundreds of text messages at a time, tomorrow he's dancing around wearing your skin with his weiner tucked under.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top