BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Home page is literally an American flag and large font saying Made in USA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Home page is literally an American flag and large font saying Made in USA.

My bad.  I didn't open the link as it reads like "Cheap Chinese".
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Up to 60"  !
View Quote
Definitely an ARFCOM special, then
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been putting off replacing my old Ranger style belt, because it is a pain in the ass to thread through belt loops but is still in great shape.

This coupon code is the incentive I needed. I ordered a kydex reinforced carry belt.
Thanks Hanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 1:42:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Been wearing one of their leather belts every day for a couple years now. Favorite belt I’ve ever owned.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Their extreme 1.5 is what I have and I don’t find it stiff enough.
View Quote

Good to know.  I have been eyeing their Steel Core Gun Belt for a while now https://www.hanksbelts.com/products/hanks-steel-core-gun-belt.  I like the fact it is the thickest belt (.37) that I could find and was very stiff.  Whereas the Extreme belt is only .23 - .26 thick and not as stiff.

If you had to do it over again, would you buy the Steel Core belt knowing what you now know?

Do any other members have experience with the Steel Core belt?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:29:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I have several, getting a couple more
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Love their belts. I have one, it is the best leather belt I own (and that takes in a lot of nice belts).
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:38:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 3:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The esquire is a very solid dress belt, imo

At normal prices, it seems high, but maybe I'm just a poor
or don't "get" the pricing of raw materials

At 25% off, it is a good deal for white collar (ish) types
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]

Dang.

Nice.

I’m proud to be a part of that traffic. I lost my Hank’s wallet a couple years ago. Ordered the exact same one as soon as I got home.

I really don’t need anything; my belt and wallet are both still super solid.

I might buy a wallet for my son.

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:09:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks OP!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Maybe arfcom can explain how that email went to my Gmail when I've never given it to them.
View Quote

"your VPN didn't save you"
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

China?
View All Quotes

Made in the USA and not a lifestyle brand.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:45:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone use one of their bifold wallets
View Quote

Yes. Expensive, but nice.  I think I've had mine 4 or 5 years now.  I think it was 2 before it started to break in.  Probably outlast me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Bison belt seems kinda neat. A few quibbles:

1. The smallest one they make is a 32". I have a 30" waist.
2. I really wish they had a 2" wide one available.
3. I'd need to drill the rivets out and replace with my own hardware, so that I could change buckles.
View Quote

The buckles are held on with chicago screws, not rivets. They are easy to take off.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#17]
In for one.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:14:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Ordered the Gunner Stitched - $50 shipped not bad for something made in America by Americans that will last me 25+ years.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I've carried one for a couple years, some stitching has worn at the outer fold, but aside from that it's been a great wallet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:49:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wear a Hank's belt every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

3. I'd need to drill the rivets out and replace with my own hardware, so that I could change buckles.
View Quote
You don't order same size belt as pants. I wear 34 pants and 40 belt. All the hardware on my current two hanks belts are replaceable. No rivets. Everything was screwed together
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good to know.  I have been eyeing their Steel Core Gun Belt for a while now https://www.hanksbelts.com/products/hanks-steel-core-gun-belt.  I like the fact it is the thickest belt (.37) that I could find and was very stiff.  Whereas the Extreme belt is only .23 - .26 thick and not as stiff.

If you had to do it over again, would you buy the Steel Core belt knowing what you now know?

Do any other members have experience with the Steel Core belt?
View Quote

Knowing what I know now kydex or steel reinforced.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#23]
I hope to never go back to a traditional belt. Grip 6 only from now on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Data sharing. You may have different email addresses but they're all digitally linked.

Welcome to the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe arfcom can explain how that email went to my Gmail when I've never given it to them.

Data sharing. You may have different email addresses but they're all digitally linked.

Welcome to the future.

I got a new Iphone just before I retired.  I ported all my contacts from my work phone that I was getting rid of.   I spent an hour deleting numerous old contacts that I would not need.   Sure enough a week or so later a crapload of contacts popped into my cleaned up contact list from my yahoo mail account.  All sorts of one time email contacts that I didn’t want populated my phone list.   Ie if I had an EE contact in 2007 via email,....your contact info showed up.

I got a Hank’s belt in the last six months.  One of their holiday sales.  Decent belt.  There is another maker that offers belt hole spacing at 3/4” versus 1”.  I kind of prefer that feature.  

I have about 4 high end gun carry capable belts.  Hanks quality is as good as the others.  About the only feature I don’t care for is the roller on the buckle.  It’s not needed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Humble brag post about not being a fatty lol? You always buy a size up from your regular pants size with any belt. 2 sizes up for a concealed carry belt. So the 32 size they have you are talking about is actually the size you would get for carry if you had a 28 inch waist...
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:08:06 PM EDT
[#26]
I've got two of their belts and always wear one of them.

That said, they are expensive and I only buy when they have their annual seconds sale.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Oh, what the hell. Kydex carry belt and front pocket wallet for me. Thank you to Hanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Ordered.  Always wanted a Hanks belt and the discount was enough to push me into it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Ive been using a belt and bifold wallet for a few years. Both look great yet.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Up to 60"  !
View Quote

GD approved
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Hanks is all I've worn since I tried my first from them. Very good belt, holds up a brick heavy P7M8 all day long.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks OP. I needed a new belt. Just bought the Canyon belt with the discount.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51536/Belt-2044995.jpg

The belt I'm wearing right now measures exactly 30" (from A to B, where B is the inner most hole - I just checked). And it's really not functioning as much of a belt, when I'm not carrying (it's a tad loose - but it looks cool). Does Hank's measure from the center hole? If so, the 32" would probably work, depending on which buckle I'm wearing. I don't want a dedicated belt for IWB carry only.
View Quote

Belt size is inches to the 4th of 8 holes
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:19:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Even with the discount, those are some expensive belts.
View Quote

For a quality leather gun belt? No, those prices are quite good.
I don’t own a Hank’s belt but your comment prompted me to go look.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/51536/Belt-2044995.jpg

The belt I'm wearing right now measures exactly 30" (from A to B, where B is the inner most hole - I just checked). And it's really not functioning as much of a belt, when I'm not carrying (it's a tad loose - but it looks cool). Does Hank's measure from the center hole? If so, the 32" would probably work, depending on which buckle I'm wearing. I don't want a dedicated belt for IWB carry only.
View Quote
Website says he measures to center hole. I went two sizes up and found it small. I Used the free exchange program with my first belt and ended up with a 40" belt with a 34" pant. Use center hole when carrying and one in without.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#41]

I'm about 90% sure I have that belt. Same "American Made" no brand name printing. My LGS sells them for $45. It's a well made belt, just not quite stiff enough. Any gun over 30oz unloaded with a hybrid holster and it struggles. I like ratchet adjust reinforced nylon belts now like Kore.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I accidentally clicked on ShopPay and it sent me a text message. I didn’t type in my phone number yet and also never used ShopPay previously. How the hell did that happen?
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been putting off replacing my old Ranger style belt, because it is a pain in the ass to thread through belt loops but is still in great shape.

This coupon code is the incentive I needed. I ordered a kydex reinforced carry belt.
Thanks Hanks!
View Quote
You're going to love it.  I got one about 6 months ago when one of our members started a thread about their seconds / blem sale.
It's stiff enough to thread loops easily but the portion with the sizing holes is just leather. It's a great belt.  I wear it every day, and also use it as my under belt for work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Subnet

Chicago Screws.  No drilling.  32" is proper size for a 30" waist CCW belt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've got two of their belts and always wear one of them.

That said, they are expensive and I only buy when they have their annual seconds sale.
View Quote

Their 2nds sale is awesome. I picked up a Ranger belt for $40 and I can't find the "2nd" defect.  

This 25% off for ARFCOM is awesome. I have been eyeing the Bison belt since it came out so I decided to pull the trigger and get one.  This will be my 5th Hanks belt.  They are so nice.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sweet! They looked like rivets from the pics (that always annoys me).

The 32" one would (probably) work when I'm carrying IWB. It'd have to be dedicated to that use, though. I can live with a 1.5" width, I'm just a bit of a weirdo in that I like a 2" better.
View Quote

LOL< a 2" wide belt on your narrow waist would look like a weightlifters belt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Website says he measures to center hole. I went two sizes up and found it small. I Used the free exchange program with my first belt and ended up with a 40" belt with a 34" pant. Use center hole when carrying and one in without.
View Quote

I have a 37-38 inch waist and have a few Hanks belts in 40 and 42 inch.  With having both I have found that I prefer the extra length and will always order 2 sizes up from now on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Knowing what I know now kydex or steel reinforced.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I've been wanting to buy a decent belt and wallet.
The discount and great reviews pushed me off the edge.
I purchased
Gunner stitched in black
Montana Bison belt
Deluxe Bison bifold in brown

bye bye junky ass Kohl's belts and wallet
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks OP

Just ordered the Montana Bison belt.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top