Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Posted: 10/28/2018 7:16:03 PM EDT
Taking my 1 yr old GSD on her second backpacking trip soon. I sleep in a hammock and I'm mo sure where to put the dog and how to keep her warm while I'm in the hammock.  I plan to let her stay under my hammock where she will be protected by the tarp.  It should be in the mid 30s a couple of nights so I'm concerned about her staying warm, she is a long coat GSD so Shen has a little extra built in insulation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
My GSD is always hot, when he was younger I had a kid's size sleeping bag.  He would only lay on top of it when we would go overnight in the woods. He refused to be covered by anything, the only time he ever shivered was when he was playing in the snow and ended up getting wet.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I take an army foam pad. I let my dog use the older one to lay on the ground. Then run a zip line with one end connected to your hammock tree. Hook hos leash to the zip line. He can lay under your hammock or walk out to the tree.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I take an army foam pad. I let my dog use the older one to lay on the ground. Then run a zip line with one end connected to your hammock tree. Hook hos leash to the zip line. He can lay under your hammock or walk out to the tree.
View Quote
My GSD mix will not be tied up.   Chewed through his own leashes, chewed through our other dog’s  leash on a camping trip one time so they could play we suspect; tried to chew through the steel cable leash I made but I gave up since I didn’t want him to hurt his teeth.

So we don’t take him camping.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top