Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2021 3:28:31 PM EDT
I've had issues with my right shoulder/upper arm since at least 2006.  I remember bench pressing with a barbell would aggravate things and I would periodically have flare-ups.  

This past Fall, I had a flare-up that was worse than usual and has lasted longer than usual.  My doc gave me some exercises to try but they made it worse, so he ordered an MRI.  Got the results less than three hours later:

1. Severe supraspinatus tendinosis with partial-thickness insertional tearing.
2. Advanced acromioclavicular and moderate glenohumeral degenerative changes.
3. Suspected posterior paralabral cyst raising concern for occult labral tear.

I'm sure #2 is pretty common and probably isn't the major cause of my pain.  

Has anyone had #1 or #3 and what was the outcome?

It will probably be some time before I'm back in front of my doc and whoever he might refer me to, so I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences with the same issues.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've had issues with my right shoulder/upper arm since at least 2006.  I remember bench pressing with a barbell would aggravate things and I would periodically have flare-ups.  

This past Fall, I had a flare-up that was worse than usual and has lasted longer than usual.  My doc gave me some exercises to try but they made it worse, so he ordered an MRI.  Got the results less than three hours later:

1. Severe supraspinatus tendinosis with partial-thickness insertional tearing.
2. Advanced acromioclavicular and moderate glenohumeral degenerative changes.
3. Suspected posterior paralabral cyst raising concern for occult labral tear.

I'm sure #2 is pretty common and probably isn't the major cause of my pain.  

Has anyone had #1 or #3 and what was the outcome?

It will probably be some time before I'm back in front of my doc and whoever he might refer me to, so I'm interested in hearing other people's experiences with the same issues.  

View Quote

I have #1 and #2 right now.  The doc told me to modify how I lifted but do nothing yet until the pain caused me not to sleep.  It does not bother me in daily life only when doing pressing exercises.   He also said I will be a candidate for a shoulder replacement or resurfacing in my lifetime.  I am 50 years old.

He asked if I want to go to PT and I said yes.

The PT evaluated me and said I also have a tight shoulder capsule and it needed stretched.  Three sessions later with the Marquis De Sade and I have much more range of motion.  I am telling you right now that shit hurts.  It consists of him manually stretching me and then ends with some light exercises.  His process is to increase range of motion and then strengthen in the new range of motion. I am saying again that shit hurts while happening.  He holds the stretch for 30 seconds AFTER I get "relaxed" into it.

If you understand grappling and tapping out, he takes me well past where I would tap out and then holds it... I would punch him if I could reach him and if I didn't know he was helping me.  Another way to understand it, if you have had a kidney stone,  the stretching is just below a kidney stone on a pain scale.  If I had pain meds to take before the sessions, I would.

It is worth it though because it is helping.

I was tested for Rheumatoid Arthritis and do not have it.

Here's my report:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top