Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She just wants to get as many opinions as possible to the correctness of her "form."  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a reason there was a camera set up already recording before that incident........probably lots more to that story.

People record their lifts all the time to check form, sticking points, bar speed, etc.  

I use to go to a gym with a smoking hot woman who recorded all of her workouts, wore tight fitting outfits with her tits popping out, and made noises as if she was having sex.  I talked to her a few times and apparently she posts the workout videos online for her "members."

She just wants to get as many opinions as possible to the correctness of her "form."  

I certainly wouldn't pay to watch her workout videos or anything, but I'll admit when I walked into the gym and saw she was working out it instantly improved my mood.

It wasn't just her looks though.  She was actually pretty athletic too.  She would stand on one of theses things and do exercises with dumbbells (and not just light ones).  Most people would have trouble simply standing on one of those.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Clean and jerk guys seem to drop it...must be different customs.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Kicking someone without provocation or warning?

I admit I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not a cop like you are, but that sounds like assault to me.
View Quote

I’m not familiar with the laws of that jurisdiction

Also, something like this incident will vary widely based on the prosecutor who takes or doesn’t take the case.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#4]
That shit made it's rounds in 2018 when it got posted to YT. I'm not digging for the thread
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Also, something like this incident will vary widely based on the prosecutor who takes or doesn’t take the case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kicking someone without provocation or warning?

I admit I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not a cop like you are, but that sounds like assault to me.

Would that be considered acceptable behavior in the jurisdiction in which you're a police officer?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Anytime you set metal weights on the ground that aren't bumper plates it's noisy as shit and sounds like you are slamming them.  He wasn't dropping them, it was still a controlled descent.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty sure gravity is doing most of the work there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is he slamming it down like that

Pretty sure gravity is doing most of the work there.

this is why I love this place
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Not now, chief. I’m in the fucking ZONE.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I mean... if you can't set it down appropriately, you've got too much weight on the bar.

That's how you get fucked up bars.

Other guy acted like an asshole about it though.
View Quote

This.  Unless, he'd been warned already.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:24:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Would that be considered acceptable behavior in the jurisdiction in which you're a police officer?
View Quote

Acceptable to who?

Standing on a public sidewalk filming people at a swimming pool isn’t illegal, but it’s not considered acceptable behavior to some people
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Acceptable to who?

Standing on a public sidewalk filming people at a swimming pool isn’t illegal, but it’s not considered acceptable behavior to some people
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Acceptable to who?

*To whom. If you're going to be an obnoxious lawyer troll, be precise with your language.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

*To whom. If you're going to be an obnoxious lawyer troll, be precise with your language.

View Quote

Thanks, my degree isn’t in English

For what I think you’re asking though-if gymbro requested it, we would take a report and tell him to go talk to the prosecutor if he wanted to pursue criminal charges
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Gym bros.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:32:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For what I think you’re asking though-if gymbro requested it, we would take a report and tell him to go talk to the prosecutor if he wanted to pursue criminal charges
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's not acceptable, in your jurisdiction, to kick someone without provocation or warning, because you think their actions could damage a third party's property?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:34:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So it's not acceptable, in your jurisdiction, to kick someone without provocation or warning, because you think their actions could damage a third party's property?
View Quote

I’m not sure what you’re asking.

In the incident here, if gymbro absolutely wanted paper done we would be playing secretary. The prosecutors would make the decision on what to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In the incident here, if gymbro absolutely wanted paper done we would be playing secretary. The prosecutors would make the decision on what to do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am asking you if you think that kicking a stranger without provocation or warning is acceptable, based on the defense that said someone might be damaging a third party's property.

I've restated this question 3 or 4 times now, and I really don't know how I can be more clear. But let me give it a try:

Things in video. Good or bad?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I am asking you if you think that kicking a stranger without provocation or warning is acceptable, based on the defense that said someone might be damaging a third party's property.

I've restated this question 3 or 4 times now, and I really don't know how I can be more clear. But let me give it a try:

View Quote

Again, there’s not enough information provided about the incident to make a definite decision on that.

Has anyone here read the rules and regulations of the business or the terms you sign and agree to when you become a member there?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Again, there’s not enough information provided about the incident to make a definite decision on that.

Has anyone here read the rules and regulations of the business or the terms you sign and agree to when you become a member there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What could possibly be written in the rules and regulations of a third party business which justify one party kicking a second party without provocation or warning?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Yea you dont do that in the middle of someone's lift...dude should have caught one for that
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Lot of derp in this thread.

No wonder GD has so many fat bodies.

[insert copy pasta about driving a truck and a knee condition]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean... if you can't set it down appropriately, you've got too much weight on the bar.

View Quote

There is nothing wrong with how he was handling that bar. Very standard way to deadlift.

A good bar can handle much worse abuse for years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why is he slamming it down like that
View Quote

Cause he doesn't respect the lunk alarm. No pizza for him on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What could possibly be written in the rules and regulations of a third party business which justify one party kicking a second party without provocation or warning?
View Quote

Any rules or regulations the owner wants.

“If you slam bars down other gymbros have a right to ask you to leave. If you do not leave when told to do so, they have a duty to physically remove you”
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone who says shit like this isn't strong and doesn't want others to be strong.

Performing compound and Olympic barbell lifts require the bar being dropped from differing heights.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

“If you slam bars down other gymbros have a right to ask you to leave. If you do not leave when told to do so, they have a duty to physically remove you”

And did gymbro 1 actually kick gymbro 2, I gotta rewatch it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not aware of any jurisdictions in the English speaking world which allow private businesses to permit people to kick their customers without provocation or warning. Could you refer me to an example of such a jurisdiction?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
lol.  That's not dropping the weight.

We can tell who has never pulled heavy for reps.
View Quote

This.  LOL @ anyone that calls that dropping weights or that he's "using more than he can handle".  Once you start deadlifting real weights, you don't gingerly return the weights to the floor or you'll get hurt.  Dropping weights is literally letting go at the top of the lift, he was lowering them under control.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm not aware of any jurisdictions in the English speaking world which allow private businesses to permit people to kick their customers without provocation or warning. Could you refer me to an example of such a jurisdiction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe French is the official language in Montreal.  So he may have you on a technicality.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Cause he doesn't respect the lunk alarm. No pizza for him on Wednesday.
View Quote

Or bagels. Don’t forget the bagels.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I believe French is the official language in Montreal.  So he may have you on a technicality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that would be par for the course for Mr. Boss.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve not reviewed all the laws and regulations of every jurisdiction In the English speaking world

And as another fellow user pointed out, I certainly haven’t reviewed outside of the English speaking world

Just because you’ve never heard of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

You’re also confusing “acceptable” with “lawful”
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#31]
i would beat his ass then post it online so everyone can laugh at the little tyrant.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#32]
lawyer up kid, fuck that oaf
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I’ve not reviewed all the laws and regulations of every jurisdiction In the English speaking world

And as another fellow user pointed out, I certainly haven’t reviewed outside of the English speaking world

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've asked for answers to both. You've answered neither. As usual, you're trolling. And since you've reviewed the video in the last few minutes, you'll see that the individual who kicked another person without provocation or warning shouted at him in English.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've asked for answers to both. You've answered neither. As usual, you're trolling. And since you've reviewed the video in the last few minutes, you'll see that the individual who kicked another person without provocation or warning shouted at him in English.
View Quote

I answered your question about how it would be handled legally in my jurisdiction.

Your question about “acceptable” is going to differ between different people who you ask, there’s no right answer about that.

Do I think it’s acceptable to ask someone to leave when breaking rules of a private establishment? Opinion question

Do I think it’s acceptable to film yourself at the gym? Opinion question
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol at the derp in this thread. The dead-lifter wasn’t doing anything wrong, he was barely dropping the weights and those bars can handle that kind of use. Some of you clearly don’t understand powerlifting. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the typical meathead in the gym who grunts loudly and/or drops weights from a high position (mainly for attention), but that dude was solid.

That being said, if it’s the gyms policy to not drop any weights and he defied that, they have the right to ask him to leave (but not assaulting him of course).

Edit: just read the dude doesn’t even work there (still wouldn’t justify his actions if he did).
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I answered your question about how it would be handled legally in my jurisdiction.

Your question about “acceptable” is going to differ between different people who you ask, there’s no right answer about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You type so many words, yet you say nothing at all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
lol.  That's not dropping the weight.

We can tell who has never pulled heavy for reps.
View Quote

Lol yep.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you’re at a casino and discover someone at your table is cheating, can you tell the person to knock it off and leave or do you have to wait until the dealer or staff does it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you’re at a casino and discover someone at your table is cheating, can you tell the person to knock it off and leave or do you have to wait until the dealer or staff does it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm not being paid as a loss prevention officer for the casino, I'm not going to confront someone about that kind of matter.

And no way in hell I'd lay hands on him without provocation or warning.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If someone is walking through a car dealership keying all the cars does someone have to be an employee there to say “hey knock it off”
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cliffs?
View Quote

Seems more Norms, IMO...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Bro down?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#44]
LOL, you can tell who actually lifts in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:20:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If I'm not being paid as a loss prevention officer for the casino, I'm not going to confront someone about that kind of matter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wouldn’t kick the cards out of his hands and scream at him?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When assholes collide
View Quote
hardly!

Weight lifter was probably 1% asshole being that he was dropping the weights in a noisy fashion.  If you are doing reps and can't control your lower, you need to reduce the weight on the bar.

If all the other guy did was come over and yell at him that's fine.  Makes him 99% the asshole, but whatever, world is full of assholes.

Stepping on bar while the other is weightlifting = could cause injury
Pushing like that = assault

Once one party goes to criminal conduct, asshole factor becomes irrelevant.

(If you a bank robber and you are polite = you are still a bankrobber)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I'm dead lifting a lot of weight, fuck setting it down gently and risking injury. My Gym allows it for dead lifting in certain areas.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
LOL, you can tell who actually lifts in this thread.
View Quote

Yep

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:23:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anytime you set metal weights on the ground that aren't bumper plates it's noisy as shit and sounds like you are slamming them.  He wasn't dropping them, it was still a controlled descent.
View Quote

bumper plates are noisy too.   its a fucking gym, not a library.  

When did it become necessary for a gym to be quiet?  

Glad i have my own gym equipment at home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to say I would not.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top