Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/20/2018 6:20:57 PM EDT
Antwain Toney shot and killed.  Standby for link.
Gwinnett is a LivePD county

@Mech007

@Ryan_ruck

@Moka

On my phone @ the rest in a few

On my PC now
https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-county-police-officer-killed-in-snellville-shooting-suspects-on/article_2e4423e6-aa30-5004-8b62-36b07f2f8c8a.html

RIP
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This is an important enough story; please expand the report to include facts such as where, which state, etc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-county-police-officer-shot-killed-in-snellville-suspects-on/article_2e4423e6-aa30-5004-8b62-36b07f2f8c8a.html

A Gwinnett County Police Department officer died Saturday afternoon after being shot by at least one suspect in unincorporated Snellville, officials said.
Officer Antwan Toney, who has been with the department for about two years, died at Gwinnett Medical Center, where he was transported in critical condition after the shooting, according to Sgt. Jake Smith, a spokesman for the Gwinnett County Police Department.

“This afternoon, we had officers go out on a suspicious vehicle near Shiloh Middle School,” Smith said. “Shots were fired from inside that vehicle and struck one of our officers. There may have been return fire but we don’t have any information on the condition or the whereabouts of the suspect.”

Smith said police have split up into tactical teams to look for the suspect, who is described as a black man, possibly 6’ tall who was wearing green sweat pants and a grey t-shirt.

While it is not yet known exactly how many suspects are involved, Smith said there may have been “up to four” people in the car.

The car fled the scene after the shooting, though later crashed. The suspects fled on foot.

Anyone who witnessed anything or knows the suspect’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.

Smith did not say where Toney was shot, only that it “did not hit him in the vest.” Another officer was with Toney when he was shot.

“The other officer drug Officer Toney away to cover,” Smith said.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is an important enough story; please expand the report to include facts such as where, which state, etc.
View Quote
On my phone.  That is the intention.  Be patient please.  I @'d the guys who would know to add to this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It was in the Snellville area.  Officer went out on a suspicious vehicle when he was shot by the occupant.

Suspect fled the scene and his location is currently unknown.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Near Shiloh Middle School......figures.

RIP
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gwinnett Co Ga. is in Metro Atlanta.

It’s a pretty well populated metro county with ghetto areas, large populations of illegal immigrants, high black violent crime rates, as well as high end housing in other areas.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It was in the Snellville area.  Officer went out on a suspicious vehicle when he was shot by the occupant.

View Quote
I'm betting the suspect is not going to update us on the whole "his location" thing too.

Just a hunch.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent for the officer and his family.

Second time this week, a nearly identical incident (first was North Carolina trooper).

As with the NC incident, let me put on my "Amazing Kreskin" turban, and...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm betting the suspect is not going to update us on the whole "his location" thing too.

Just a hunch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a hunch.
I'll just say I'm hoping GCPD SWAT comes across this guy first...
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
RIP Officer
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Damn, I am sick of hearing of officers being shot.  I hope the offender gets to meet the pits of hell very soon.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I, also, hope that GCPD SWAT finds him, so that they can safely and professionally bring him into custody in a manner in which all of his constitutional and civil rights to due process under law are respected and protected.

(My above comment is FakeNews®.  My actual "hopes" regarding the suspect exceed the parameters of the ARFCOM CoC, so what more can I say).
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I, also, hope that GCPD SWAT finds him, so that they can safely and professionally bring him into custody in a manner in which all of his constitutional and civil rights to due process under law are respected and protected.

(My above comment is FakeNews®.  My actual "hopes" regarding the suspect exceed the parameters of the ARFCOM CoC, so what more can I say).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're on the same non-COC compliant page.

For being a large, busy department GCPD hasn't had a line-of-duty death since a DUI task force officer killed in a vehicular accident back in the early 1990's.

Last felony homicide of an officer there was in the 60's.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just a few miles from my folks.
View Quote
I hate it.  I hope your folks are safe.  And I hope the perp(s) suffer long, hard, and slow....and maybe they won't make it to trial.

Let the cops hunting them be protected and their aim be true.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Prayers sent.

I know I'll see one or two Gwinnett Officers at church tomorrow, I'll see if they have any more info.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I got the rest of the Live PD list Lug.

@Dapzel
@theal
@Manchu65
@tcfla
@shooter00100
@Glocked
@RockMech
@Pita_146
@SurfAnimal
@NwG
@d16man
@BLKVooDoo
@m35ben
@Timco
@sel366
@TLF
@whiskerz
@Chukar
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn
RIP
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm pretty sure Officer Toney was on Live PD.

I guess they'll mention it tonight if so.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think Gwinnett PD was ever on with Gwinnett County Sheriff.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I am in west Gwinnett (Duluth) and I hope they catch these murders quickly.

I also hope they resist arrest.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#28]
CoC be damned, I hope they kill the perps in a gunfight.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Gwinnett Co Ga. is in Metro Atlanta.

It’s a pretty well populated metro county with ghetto areas, large populations of illegal immigrants, high black violent crime rates, as well as high end housing in other areas.
View Quote
Snellville is not Metro Atlanta dude. I live in Snellville.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@Dapzel
@theal
@Manchu65
@tcfla
@shooter00100
@Glocked
@RockMech
@Pita_146
@SurfAnimal
@NwG
@d16man
@BLKVooDoo
@m35ben
@Timco
@sel366
@TLF
@whiskerz
@Chukar
View Quote
Damn, you guys always forget to add me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Prayers of comfort for his family.

Hope the perps bump into a few walls, some hickory sticks and concrete curbs during apprehension.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:54:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
You might be right but he sure looks and the name seems real familiar.

Quoted:
Damn, you guys always forget to add me.
View Quote
I got you bro! You're on the list now!

You must have missed the thread we put the list together in.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
This. It’s always been Sherriffs office
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Terrible
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]
damn, that sucks. Prayers for the deputy's family
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Snellville is not Metro Atlanta dude. I live in Snellville.
View Quote
Yes the fuck it is. But this is the wrong thread for a bullshit argument.  RIP Officer.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Damnit.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Dapzel
@theal
@Manchu65
@tcfla
@shooter00100
@Glocked
@RockMech
@Pita_146
@SurfAnimal
@NwG
@d16man
@BLKVooDoo
@m35ben
@Timco
@sel366
@TLF
@whiskerz
@Chukar
View Quote
Thanks buddy.  I could not find it.  I need to make a file.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Throw me in there too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Throw me in there too.
View Quote
Got peeps added to my list
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Throw me in there too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Throw me in there too.
Done!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:57:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Only description so far, one of four suspects.

Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I knew Toney. We crossed paths many times at work between our agencies.  When I say this world couldn’t have lost a better person, I mean that. The guy was flat out awesome, and was always trying to make us laugh, and cheer us up. Didn’t matter the situation he was ready to go, level headed, and dedicated. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and this one hits VERY close to home. It’s been a rough night for a lot of the agencies in and around Gwinnett, especially hard on those who knew him. I literally almost dropped my phone when I got the text.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Antwain Toney shot and killed.  Standby for link.
Gwinnett is a LivePD county

@Mech007

@Ryan_ruck

@Moka

On my phone @ the rest in a few

On my PC now
https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-county-police-officer-killed-in-snellville-shooting-suspects-on/article_2e4423e6-aa30-5004-8b62-36b07f2f8c8a.html

RIP
View Quote
Gwinnett Police Department is NOT Gwinnett Sheriffs Dept, which is the dept shown on Live PD.

Gwinnett Police Dept.  NOT on Live PD
Gwinnett Sheriffs Dept.  On Live PD
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I knew Toney. We crossed paths many times at work between our agencies.  When I say this world couldn’t have lost a better person, I mean that. The guy was flat out awesome, and was always trying to make us laugh, and cheer us up. Didn’t matter the situation he was ready to go, level headed, and dedicated. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and this one hits VERY close to home. It’s been a rough night for a lot of the agencies in and around Gwinnett, especially hard on those who knew him. I literally almost dropped my phone when I got the text.
View Quote
Very sorry.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's correct.  For those of you not from around here, Gwinnett has a PD that covers the whole county.  They have never been on Live PD.  Gwinnett also has a sheriffs department, and they are the ones on Live PD.  They run the jail, warrants, etc.  I've lived in and next to Gwinnett for 25 years and I've never seen Gwinnett SO running traffic ever.  But they sure do for the Live PD show.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I knew Toney. We crossed paths many times at work between our agencies.  When I say this world couldn't have lost a better person, I mean that. The guy was flat out awesome, and was always trying to make us laugh, and cheer us up. Didn't matter the situation he was ready to go, level headed, and dedicated. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and this one hits VERY close to home. It's been a rough night for a lot of the agencies in and around Gwinnett, especially hard on those who knew him. I literally almost dropped my phone when I got the text.
View Quote
My condolences.  I worked EMS in Gwinnett and other counties.  I know GPD, GCSO, GFD, Snellville PD, and many other LE/FD/EMS people in several counties.  It sucks to hear about this.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Very sorry for your loss. Almost 4 years ago exactly, I lost a friend and coworker to a ghetto shithead too. The morning of the day he was killed, he had been teaching at bible study. One of the nicest guys you'd know. The shitbag, on the other hand, had been involved with but unindicted in two previous murders. The world definitely needs less shitheads.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top