Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/22/2021 8:21:38 PM EDT
With, predictable results.

Why you SHOULD NOT buy an Orange County Chopper

Sounds like he will be improving it though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
More entertaining than I thought it would be. I like some choppers, but I haven't seen any with an OCC label that I care for.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Cant believe they are still in business.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]
One of my customers bought the AMG bike they built for Mercedes, it is a huge piece of shit.

The left grip twists to control the head light and it’s so sensitive, every time you take off you flash the high beams

It’s pretty retarded, I have a pic of it somewhere I’ll try to find it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

....and he's looking to move to Florida to come down here and tell us how much better it is in NY.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

....and he's looking to move to Florida to come down here and tell us how much better it is in NY.
View Quote

Don't they all? Fucking halfbacks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I just assume that a man that rolls his jeans up prefers the company of other men.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just assume that a man that rolls his jeans up prefers the company of other men.
View Quote

Doesn’t everyone?  Who wants to hang out, drink beer and shoot guns with a bunch of cackling hens?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They took a huge loss back in 2016 when they auctioned off their new $13 million headquarters for just over $2 million.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One of my customers bought the AMG bike they built for Mercedes, it is a huge piece of shit.

The left grip twists to control the head light and it’s so sensitive, every time you take off you flash the high beams

It’s pretty retarded, I have a pic of it somewhere I’ll try to find it.
View Quote

Have they ever built anything that was worth a crap?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I know a guy that bought one of the OC choppers, no one could convince him not too. After a few months he was begging people to buy it from him, totally un-ridable POS. It looked cool but was not practical at all. A bunch of us were going on a road trip so he rented a bike that was more rider friendly and left his $90K chopper at home.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Soon to be Florida man ...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Here it is, one of the few bikes I actually hated having to test ride

The thing handles like absolute shit, their bikes are a joke
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Image search... Michael Bloomberg Orange County Choppers.

If you dare.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Evidently they still find fools with enough money to pay $80K for a novelty turd.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like it's the only way to keep the pants out of the drive belt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I think about 99% of the custom choppers built by every custom shop is a piece of shit.
My buddy flew up east somewhere to buy a Redneck Chopper. Broke down within 100 miles and had to have it shipped on home and buy another plane ticket to get himself back. Had non stop problems and sold it with in a couple years for half what he paid.

Guy that used to come into Hooters bike night with some chopper from one of the build off shows had it towed home on a rollback like three weeks in a row. Might have been a week in between one of the breakdowns. Never saw him bring it again that summer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Here it is, one of the few bikes I actually hated having to test ride

https://i.ibb.co/dBk95vm/253411-D1-C0-C8-4-D1-B-B760-3-B3-EEE3-D3061.jpg

The thing handles like absolute shit, their bikes are a joke
View Quote
Looks like they built a bike and slapped an AMG badge on it. When I see that bike I do not think AMG.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think you understand what a "halfback" is.

NY to FL would only be the first step.  He'd then have to move to NC or thereabouts to be a halfback.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Orange County Choppers, the collection of the best parts Jr can pick up his phone and order someone else to build for him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive had my Yamaha raider for 11 years 60k miles without any issues. 1900 cc , 100hp stock, I added street sweeper exhaust. When  I get up with the gang they poke fun of me for not having a Harley but I’m never working on my bike all the time like they are.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#21]
So much fluff in that video just to get to the point. What the hell?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So much fluff in that video just to get to the point. What the hell?
View Quote
Welcome to the world or "content creators"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:27:01 PM EDT
[#23]
My $6000 Honda has never left me stranded.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Cartoon caricature of a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasn’t odd to run into Paul Sr. riding around here. Mikey was always cool to run into, tho.......funny dude.

My future BIL has painted some stuff for them.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Not shocked.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, are you describing ARFCOM

Or the NRA

Or...wait a minute here!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Welcome to the world or "content creators"
View Quote

I like his stuff. It’s a lot more fun than most TV.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#30]
The two stroke bike he showed looks like a lot of fun
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#31]
They were pretty cool pre CNC and pre waterjet. Now it's just more mass produced "art"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#32]
1966 Harley-Davidson Chopper: Born Free 6 Invited Builder Caleb Owens

I want to build a classic 70s-style chopper like this one. Fuck all that OCC/Jesse James ugly crap, Old-School is Best School.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Looks like they built a bike and slapped an AMG badge on it. When I see that bike I do not think AMG.
View Quote

That’s exactly what they did.

They didn’t even build their own engines or transmissions, all of their stuff came in crates.

I met Paul Sr. in Sturgis like 15 years ago, the dude is an arrogant ass clown who claims he’s been building bikes since the ‘60’s when in reality he can’t even assemble a fucking tricycle.

I know guys who were around in the ‘60’s, and I knew Arlen Ness - none of the real old school builders had ever heard of Paul Sr. before that show aired.

Dude is a liar.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#34]
LOL .. 62hp

My SV650 was making 75hp.  My "middle weight" Daytona 675 makes 138hp.  And I have several friends with R1 / R1M putting over 200hp at the wheel
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

NY to FL would only be the first step.  He'd then have to move to NC or thereabouts to be a halfback.
View Quote

Sadly NC is apparently exactly halfway and where most of them end up.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Never much of a motorcycle rider. Been around a lot of guys that had factory Harleys and assorted Jap bikes. Was never around any of the customs until a guy I used to work with bought a used Bourgett (spelling?)

Nice looking bike. It was long and low, no over the top body work, actually kind of plain. Black with a chrome springer front end. Think he said it was just short of 9 feet overall.  He liked it and road the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#37]
The one sign he rode past looked familiar.  I took a screenshot, then google maps.  

That shop is like 10 minutes away from me.  I actually saw some of their bikes for sale on marketplace today.
Small world.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think about 99% of the custom choppers built by every custom shop is a piece of shit.

Guy that used to come into Hooters bike night with some chopper from one of the build off shows had it towed home on a rollback like three weeks in a row. Might have been a week in between one of the breakdowns. Never saw him bring it again that summer.
View Quote

Friend of mine was on Biker Build Off with Bryan Fuller.

There's a ton of garbage bikes out there but nothing he's done . . . been a fabricator for 50 years, one of the best I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I always assumed those things were bought as show pieces, not as something to actually ride. Like maybe you take it for a 20 minute spin once a year, but they're really more like sculpture for inbred rednecks who think that choppers are still a token of counterculture.

Hint; if you financed it, it ain't counter culture and you aren't an outlaw.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I never understood the whole chopper craze thing when it was going back in the day.

I would have liked to build my own, but I wouldn't have bought one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol halfbacks settle in NC.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wait, are you describing ARFCOM

Or the NRA

Or...wait a minute here!
View Quote

Halfbacks are NYers that move to Florida. Politically ruin the town, county, or HOA they came to and move halfway back to NY to try again. NC is fucking full of former Florida residents originally from NY.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is totally true. Raleigh / Cary NC is infested with them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Lol it’s making a few more hp then my 200 pound dirtbike
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#45]
I do a job that had one of the OCC bikes on display in the cafeteria. It is a good looking bike but everyone you ask about it says its a piece of junk. One of my coworkers had riden motorcycles all his life looked it over and confirmed it a piece of junk. Then on one inspection I went there and the bike was gone. I asked the customer where it went and he just said, 'We put it away.' So off my motorcycle riding coworker and I went to see where it was put. It took us a few hours but eventually we found it, buried in the back of a storage room where they had put a painters tarp over it then proceeded to stack boxes and chairs and shit on top of it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Never much of a motorcycle rider. Been around a lot of guys that had factory Harleys and assorted Jap bikes. Was never around any of the customs until a guy I used to work with bought a used Bourgett (spelling?)

Nice looking bike. It was long and low, no over the top body work, actually kind of plain. Black with a chrome springer front end. Think he said it was just short of 9 feet overall.  He liked it and road the shit out of it.
View Quote

I think it was Bourgett? that was on a show I watched. The bike looked well built. I was mildly offended when he claimed that running the oil through the frame was innovative. It may have been in 1970 when triumph did it, but it isn't now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#47]
I always assumed at their price point all their bikes had S&S engines. Stock 62HP Evo for $80K? WTF!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never, ever, ever underestimate the American public's fascination with gaudy trash.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I always assumed at their price point all their bikes had S&S engines. Stock 62HP Evo for $80K? WTF!
View Quote

I think they made a pan-head. I love pan heads!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I was expecting him to talk about terrible build quality,but he just talked about a terrible riding experience, which should be obvious for anyone with eyes.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top