Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 9:57:51 PM EDT

Incorrect-sauce poured over nooodlez.

Correct- noodlez mixed into sauce (powdered parm cheese option)

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Second option is the answer
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Served that way? I disagree. In my family you get your noodles first, then add the desired amount of sauce. I hate eating spaghetti at someone else's house that mixes it before serving. You don't know my sauce to noodle ratio, bitch.

Edit for clarity: I'm not calling anyone here a bitch. Unless you invite me over for sketti and premix it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Served that way? I disagree. In my family you get your noodles first, then add the desired amount of sauce. I hate eating spaghetti at someone else's house that mixes it before serving. You don't know my sauce to noodle ratio, bitch.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Powdered Parm is like cheese flavored dirt.

You can do better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Edit for clarity: I'm not calling anyone here a bitch. Unless you invite me over for sketti and premix it.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, I feel that the poured over method is more customary when there are large meaty balls to enjoy. And mixing is done by poors who buy sauce in a jar. I'm used to my dear mother's recipe, where golf ball sized sauteed meat balls spend hours soaking in homemade pasta sauce.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Noodles. Sauce poured over in the desired ratio. I add parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper seeds.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Pasta splashed with olive oil after cooling.  Pasta first, then the gravy.  I also add shredded parm and red pepper flakes.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

This because there's a 99.9999999% chance it was over-sauced by the pre-mixer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Powdered Parm is like cheese flavored dirt.

You can do better.
View Quote

Maybe not dirt, but i recall sawdust does constitute a fair portion of ground Parmesan cheese.
Hasn’t killed me yet.  Fiber.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer sauce poured over, not mixed.  Like others said, I can guess the ratio I want.

Also, bolognese sauce (meat sauce) should goes best with rigatoni, penne, shells, rotini.

Meatballs goes with spaghetti
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Eat it however it makes you happy. Fuckin autistics with their damn rules.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#13]

No one -- and by god, I mean no one -- dictates to me how much gravy goes on my pasta.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Mixed is only acceptable for leftovers. Meat sauce is always preferred. Balls of ground meat in marinara is repulsive. Damn heathens.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pasta splashed with olive oil after cooling.  Pasta first, then the gravy.  I also add shredded parm and red pepper flakes.
View Quote

Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/ohDKCIO.jpg

No one -- and by god, I mean no one -- dictates to me how much gravy goes on my pasta.
View Quote

Nobody who calls it "gravy" has a valid opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct- noodlez mixed into sauce (powdered parm cheese option)
https://thecozyapron.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/spaghetti-bolognese_thecozyapron_3.jpg

View Quote

That's for children that like their ketchup-like sauce, and people that use crappy noodles that taste like nothing.  The kind of children that coat everything in ranch dressing.

Use some good noodles, cooked properly, and not only will you not want to mix your sauce in... you won't even want as much sauce on your noodles.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This man is correct. I like a lot of sauce per noodle, because I want to put it on my garlic bread
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Instant pot master race checking in.

You're all doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't be a heathen. Pasta should be "dressed". It is the final step in the cooking process. Throwing undressed pasta on a plate and dumping sauce on it is a no go rookie move.

You dress the pasta with sauce ...... the proper amount....... then serve it. It should not be swimming in sauce. If someone prefers more sauce they can add it after they have been served.

In my Italian family pasta was never served undressed with sauce on top. I never saw it done that way until I went to college.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Also, I feel that the poured over method is more customary when there are large meaty balls to enjoy. And mixing is done by poors who buy sauce in a jar. I'm used to my dear mother's recipe, where golf ball sized sauteed meat balls spend hours soaking in homemade pasta sauce.
View Quote

LOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

This is the way
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#23]

You were doing just fine until you got to the part in bold and went full Thorazine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Parm is beginner cheese.

Romano is professional

No comparison.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll take #1
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit. You sound like of them homos that mixes their gravy in together with their pasta in the pot. I'm sorry you're broken.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bullshit. You sound like of them homos that mixes their gravy in together with their pasta in the pot. I'm sorry you're broken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

As I already pointed out, I do not pre-mix my sauce.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Several million Italian Americans don’t have a valid opinion?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dont_believe_you_anchorman_zps267e5cbb_GIF-108.gif

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Several million Italian Americans don’t have a valid opinion?

I've never heard an actual Italian person call it that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/WiACjBO.gif

View Quote

I spent 6 months fucking an Italian chick and I never heard that, and I'm basically a professional.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:31:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol at gravy vs sauce. Its sauce. Gravy comes from meat leavings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol at gravy vs sauce. Its sauce. Gravy comes from meat leavings.
View Quote

That’s how bolognese sauce is made from meat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Also, I feel think that the poured over method is more customary when there are large meaty balls to enjoy. And mixing is done by poors who buy sauce in a jar. I'm used to my dear mother's recipe, where golf ball sized sauteed meat balls spend hours soaking in homemade pasta sauce.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#35]
I bet you poors don't even make your own noodz.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Noodles? Like egg noodles?

We eat pasta or macaroni
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:26:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Philadelphia Italian family that I married into premixes, but ONLY very lightly....just enough to keep the pasta moist. Then add more GRAVY to taste.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:28:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:46:49 AM EDT
[#39]
But do you use a spoon?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I much prefer pouring sauce onto the middle of the pasta, for aesthetic reasons.

Mixing it together only makes it look like MRE spaghetti.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
But do you use a spoon?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:04:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Spni.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone who refers to it as “sketti” like some fucking two year old girl, isn’t qualified to say shit about it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone who refers to it as “sketti” like some fucking two year old girl, isn’t qualified to say shit about it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Lol at people calling it gravy... No millions of Italian Americans don't call it that.... Southerers, bless your heart
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:25:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

You put gravy on spaghetti?

gra·vy
/'grave/
Gravy: Gravy is a sauce made from meat juices, usually combined with a liquid such as chicken or beef broth, wine or milk and thickened with flour, cornstarch, or some other thickening agent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.

Let ME decide how much sauce I want on my pasta.

And meatballs? No, thanks. Put some Italian sausage in and I'll be good.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/WiACjBO.gif

View Quote
We've got tons of old school Italians here. I've heard it called both.

https://hardcoreitalians.blog/2019/05/22/is-it-sauce-or-gravy-why-italians-argue-about-the-term/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top