Stock on a “pistol”
Listing sayid SiCO Hybrid .46 suppressor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not today Mr. ATF man.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Would it be illegal to cut the suppressor off the maxim 50 if you did NFA paperwork for it beforehand?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:28:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not today Mr. ATF man.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:04:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Saw a gal in the gun shop today, had a pistol with that exact stock on it, I didn't ask if she had a tax stamp.

She had on a duty belt, so it could have been department issue too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind, it’s late
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Saw a gal in the gun shop today, had a pistol with that exact stock on it, I didn't ask if she had a tax stamp.

She had on a duty belt, so it could have been department issue too.
View Quote

What about the gun made it a pistol.   Sounds like it was an SBR.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone here actually think the ATF would be so bold as to put out something illegal in order to entrap someone? I mean it's one thing to catch someone who knows better and decides to take a chance and another to bust someone who didn't know any better and just thought it was cool.

Or is more likely someone who doesn't know shit about what is and isn't legal? I have friends that have put stocks on their AR pistols because they didn't know any better. I tell them what the law says and that they could get into trouble. After that, it's on them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:16:33 AM EDT
[#9]
safety patrol, WGF
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:17:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Hybrid 46 is too damn heavy for a short barrel.   Mine ended up on my scout rifle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:22:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont think that is .gov  are they are desperate enough to nab uninformed bidders on a major web sight ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I dont think that is .gov  are they are desperate enough to nab uninformed bidders on a major web sight ?
View Quote

It would never make it to them anyway, the ffl that receives it will catch it and the bidder won't get it anyway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:31:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone here actually think the ATF would be so bold as to put out something illegal in order to entrap someone? I mean it's one thing to catch someone who knows better and decides to take a chance and another to bust someone who didn't know any better and just thought it was cool.

Or is more likely someone who doesn't know shit about what is and isn't legal? I have friends that have put stocks on their AR pistols because they didn't know any better. I tell them what the law says and that they could get into trouble. After that, it's on them.
View Quote

They entrapped and used mentally handicapped individuals during multiple stings to get prosecution stats just to justify their budgeting...what puts trolling the ignorant out of bounds to them?

https://archive.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/atf-uses-rogue-tactics-in-storefront-stings-across-the-nation-b99146765z1-234916641.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It would never make it to them anyway, the ffl that receives it will catch it and the bidder won't get it anyway.
View Quote

What if FFL is corrupt and takes a bribe?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not today Mr. ATF man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Somebody send me the money and I’ll buy it and see what happens

Jk
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:56:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:57:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Hypothetically, if the suppressor is permanently attached,  bringing barrel length to legal length, would that be legal? Like welding a flash hider to a 14.5" barrel to make it 16"
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:29:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hypothetically, if the suppressor is permanently attached,  bringing barrel length to legal length, would that be legal? Like welding a flash hider to a 14.5" barrel to make it 16"
View Quote

It’s a 2 stamp gun as is. Your remedy only solves barrel length.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:30:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Assuming it's permanently affixed, using whatever the proper temp solder, per ATF specs, or pin and weld, and it's over 16", then yes, it's a legal rifle.

ETA: Still need the stamp for the suppressor, unless it's a fake / tube.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#21]
One of you fuckers buy it
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Assuming it's permanently affixed, using whatever the proper temp solder, per ATF specs, or pin and weld, and it's over 16", then yes, it's a legal rifle.

ETA: Still need the stamp for the suppressor, unless it's a fake / tube.
View Quote

Permanently attaching a hybrid would be hard welding the back and front. That would also destroy the whole point of the hybrid. There are many cheaper cans if you wanted to do that.

Nope, that’s either bait or an idiot who doesn’t know that’s a felony. My money is on the former.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#23]
" Shown with additional add ons/ 1st pic 4 attention Vortex 3 MOA venom red dot Magpul stock 1/2 point sling Silencerco hybrid 46 cal suppressor "

Not shown in 2nd pic.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We playing the what if game?

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#25]
In CT “Others” are really popular and I see them regularly with rifle stocks instead of pistol braces all the time.  Most people buying and selling don’t really know what the rules are, so they just run with it.  There are limited groups allowed to buy regular AR’s/AK’s as rifles or pistols and it’s not uncommon to see an AR/AK pistol with a rifle stock on it either.  Maybe he ATF is catching all of these folks, but my guess is most are being bought, sold and resold so quickly that no one will ever be able to keep up with the paperwork.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Permanently attaching a hybrid would be hard welding the back and front. That would also destroy the whole point of the hybrid. There are many cheaper cans if you wanted to do that.

Nope, that’s either bait or an idiot who doesn’t know that’s a felony. My money is on the former.
View Quote

Why would you weld the front? All you need is the end of the tube to make 16".
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:26:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not today Mr. ATF man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They entrapped and used mentally handicapped individuals during multiple stings to get prosecution stats just to justify their budgeting...what puts trolling the ignorant out of bounds to them?

https://archive.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/atf-uses-rogue-tactics-in-storefront-stings-across-the-nation-b99146765z1-234916641.html
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is fucking revolting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top