Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2019 5:01:17 PM EDT
Howdy Folks

Have a question/suggestion for all of you who are in academia or r&d. I am seeing more and more articles and request for proposals on gun violence research. The claim that is being made is that the research is non partisan and is not for advocacy of gun-control. I doubt that this claim is true, but it is being made.

Here is an example of what I am talking about

https://www.ncgvr.org/rfp.html

Would any arfcom folks be willing to start submitting research proposals on the subject, I have a couple in mind? IM me if you do.

Thanks
-Gene
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Where do I sign up?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where do I sign up?
View Quote
Take a loot at the link I posted. IM me if you want to try and get an application going.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where do I sign up?
View Quote
Take a loot at the link I posted. IM me if you want to try and get an application going.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I can provide you with a ton of information on granting writing and possibly connect you with some researchers who might be able to help. IM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
step 1: Get a PhD in a relevant field (public policy, public health, etc)
step 2: have a bona fide academic CV with past publications
step 3: be hired on at an academic institution's public policy, public health dept. The more prestigious the higher likelihood of grant funding.
step 4: write the actual grant and be able to sell the idea, and convey at least some form of impartiality to the study section

Not that easy....
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 2:53:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm a broken secret squirrel.  If I can help in any manner, please IM me. @gene_wi
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 5:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
step 3: be hired on at an academic institution's public policy, public health dept. The more prestigious the higher likelihood of grant funding.
step 4: write the actual grant and be able to sell the idea, and convey at least some form of impartiality to the study section

Not that easy....
View Quote
So wrong.  You don't have to be part of an academic institution to be awarded a grant.  Anyone can do step 4 without steps 1 through 3.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:15:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Howdy Folks

Have a question/suggestion for all of you who are in academia or r&d. I am seeing more and more articles and request for proposals on gun violence research. The claim that is being made is that the research is non partisan and is not for advocacy of gun-control. I doubt that this claim is true, but it is being made.

Here is an example of what I am talking about

https://www.ncgvr.org/rfp.html

Would any arfcom folks be willing to start submitting research proposals on the subject, I have a couple in mind? IM me if you do.

Thanks
-Gene
View Quote
What's to research? Honest question.

FBI UCR contains ALL data on homicide and assault involving a firearm.
From perpetrator to victim age bracket, race, and even city/towns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#9]
What I regularly bitch slap leftists with when they cunt about AR15s/AKs.

Attachment Attached File

I usually tell them quit being emotional tyrants and hyperbolic intellectually disingenuous retards.
ARs are rifles. Got a plan for knives, hands, fists, feet, and hammers? Going after pistols? They take the lead...

Then when I show them the race data when they say it's white men who are a problem...
Or its police that are the problem...

Crickets.

Then when I show them the CDC data of the top 100 causes of death in this country... and firearms aren't even in the top 100?

Crickets.

When they cunt and rave about kids finding guns and being bullet magnets?
IIHS and CDC chart for juvenile deaths with an inanimate object/machine involved... where's your ban on automobiles with high capacity fuel tanks and military grade bumpers? Who needs an assault vehicle... just think of the children!

Crickets.

Literally the research is all done for us by both the FBI UCR and CDC...

Leftist shit birds somehow conflate suicide as part of gun violence.
Leftists actually think firearms cause violence. Then again. They feel. I think.

It's like playing online whack a mole.
Soon as I read.
I support the second BUT
I feel that...

Game over for them... shit I might as well sign up for this media coined buzzphrase/buzzword research.

Gun violence is not a thing. Guns are inanimate objects. They are incapable of violence. It requires an individual compelled by Motive. Inventive. Intent.

Ban firearms. Go for it. Murderers will find other means to commit their atrocities.
The UK and Australia proved that. With the UK it's knives. In kangaroo land, it's chain the doors and lock them gas and a match-arson.

Leftists could be granted 1 of 2 wishes.
Wish for firearms to vanish, the knowledge of firearms to vanish so not another firearm can be produced.
Or
Wish away evil motive incentive and intent.

They'll blow the wish on firearms because they are emotional lemmings, mental midgets of the highest order.
They have solved nothing. At least it wouldn't happen with a firearm anymore Herp Derp!
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 6:35:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not that easy....
View Quote
I just screen shot FBI UCR and CDC data. Then compare and contrast with deaths involving other inanimate objects.
Prove they're being hyperbolic shit birds and intellectually disingenuous. Insult them some. Meme and mock. Destroy their morale when they try to play mental gymnastics. No PHD required. It's quite effective really...

I prove their arguments to the world to be nothing more than irrational irrelevant fear then proceed to troll the living fuck out of them for the LOLS.
It's effective to get fence sitters/neutral parties to come to our side.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]
All jokes aside, I have the credentials...

We are way behind on getting publications out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top