Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2020 9:05:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
These cheap Amazon stands are steel and very stable, even with my offset (shown). We use them for semi hollow body, acoustic, tele, bass. Must have 5 of them now and they fold up small so my son always takes his to band practice. Only problem I've found is that you'll want to add foam, tshirt, or some other padding if you are using a heavy guitar or one with sharper edges, such as those with binding as they seem to separate the foam that came on them.  I throw an old piece of soft tshirt across the lower arms with my bound guitars but my daughter's bound semi hollowbody apparently isn't heavy enough to cause this issue. With anything with a Fender Strat/JM type bevel its fine.  I dont have any nitro finished guitars that I use with these so i would slip cotton over these if you have a bound Les Paul. I have closed cell 1/2" pipe insulation on one of them which works great and doesn't look excessively ghetto (I'm  from East Texas so everything has a little touch of redneck engineering here ).  These are actually lifetime stands IMHO if i could find a solution to this or source what tubing String Swing uses on their products.  These also stagger nicely and since they are short its easy to pick out the ones in 2nd or 3rd row.

Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to gig alot, now I just use multiple guitars in my studio or church so I prefer this one. Breaks down to a nice suitcase as well for travel.
case
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I hate stands and racks in the house.  I also had to use extra padding on them as the stuff they use on most wears through after a while.  

At home I like them safe from the cats or other potential disaster.  I bought some Hercules hangers and mounted them on a single board.  Useful way to hang several guitars and have instant access.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Hercules.  Cheap stands have affected the nitro  finishes.  I don’t trust wall hangers either.  Or people for that matter.  So most of my stuff stays in the case when not in use.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FennRx:
Hercules.  Cheap stands have affected the nitro  finishes.  I don’t trust wall hangers either.  Or people for that matter.  So most of my stuff stays in the case when not in use.
View Quote

This.
My PRS's and Tele's stay in the case unless they are being used.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FennRx:
Hercules.  Cheap stands have affected the nitro  finishes.  I don’t trust wall hangers either.  Or people for that matter.  So most of my stuff stays in the case when not in use.
View Quote

Yup.  Note that there is only one guitar hanging right now.  In case I get the urge.  All the acoustics are cased.  Heck, humidity here isn't healthy for my babies.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:09:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I have that rack thingy along the wall, an older style triple stand and those 3 Hercules triple stands, which im a fan of because of the fingers that come down when I hang a guitar from it. I bougthe first one a few years ago, and when Sweetwater had them for black Friday, basically two for the price of one, I nabbed the other two. Hercules also makes wall hangers that do the same thing.

Link Posted: 5/16/2020 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Some are on the wall, some are on stands on the floor. They're too pretty to be stuck in their cases.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 100% in the studio now, and it's just me so I'm pretty careful. I use the same kind of multi-rack as pictured above. I have an 11-instrument, a 7 and a 5 that hold all my stuff.

Works good, although I built a little reinforcement arm to keep the top from swinging out. Makes them much more sturdy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

The other 20 are hanging on the wall around the room.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I use Hercules primarily, but my multi-guitar stand is an OnStage. No probs but I do use a towel for my nitro.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Evil Empire has Hercules Hangers priced at 2 for $30 today.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Finally got the kids' guitars all hung.  The daughter's AS53 is on my 30+ year old Off the Wall hanger. These things are beasts.  Even the rubber is in perfect condition.  Daughter's location didn't allow me to hit the studs so I used Hillman Pop Toggle anchors. Son's collection (Sire Marcus Miller M2, throwdown LTD F-50, and vintage Washburn Axxess 4YXL bass) are all on StringSwing hangers (black crinkle finish wall plates). My son's setup was planned with the hangers screwed into the studs.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top