Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/11/2020 6:48:09 PM EDT
I believe this includes Musician's Friend.  Total BS.  If Lowe's can sell non-essential items, then why not the warehouse for the online store for GC? They are largely automated anyway so not like they have a huge presence of staff.  These local orders are unconstitutional at this point imho.  We received a guitar on Tuesday from GC from this warehouse so i guess we just got lucky..

https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-city-orders-guitar-center-facility-close-after-it-defied-stay-home-order#stream/0
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I believe this includes Musician's Friend.  Total BS.  If Lowe's can sell non-essential items, then why not the warehouse for the online store for GC? They are largely automated anyway so not like they have a huge presence of staff.  These local orders are unconstitutional at this point imho.  We received a guitar on Tuesday from GC from this warehouse so i guess we just got lucky..

https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-city-orders-guitar-center-facility-close-after-it-defied-stay-home-order#stream/0
View Quote

It's bad enough that businesses are closing to the public at least that makes sense. But in a case like that they could put safety rules in place like mask, social distancing and limited work capacity and still allow businesses to run.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#2]
The local stores have been closed for a while. I have an order that was delivered just before so now I get to return it since I don't need it anymore. Didn't do me a fucking bit of good at the store.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I always keep a set of Ernie Ball light gauge strings in reserve, for just such an emergency.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always keep a set of Ernie Ball light gauge strings in reserve, for just such an emergency.
View Quote
Yeah but now there are 3 guitarists in my house and my stash keeps getting raided.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#6]
This shit is ridiculous, grocery stores and Lowe’s are packed full of people, but all of my local music shops have been closed for weeks because they aren’t “essential.” I have a few things I ordered from Guitar Center, guess I’ll be getting an email saying that shit is on hold now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sweetwater still works. And they send candy.
View Quote

Yes they do. Now if Revv would get my friggin amp to Sweetwater that I ordered in December, that'd be great...
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah but now there are 3 guitarists in my house and my stash keeps getting raided.
View Quote
Ill trade 3 sets of the neon green ernie balls fir that red Ibanez of yours
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, every time i pick that up i think "damn that's purdy for a Chinese guitar that I only paid $175 for!"
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes they do. Now if Revv would get my friggin amp to Sweetwater that I ordered in December, that'd be great...
View Quote

G20?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

G20?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G20?

Generator 7/40
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lol, every time i pick that up i think "damn that's purdy for a Chinese guitar that I only paid $175 for!"
View Quote
Ill give ya the strings, 2 rolls of TP...and a can of castleberrys " ranch" aka bbq beef in a can...and 20 rounds of 22lr...

Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Remember 14-18yo when you changed your strings, like, once? It's nostalgic.

(me neither, I've always been really picky about maintenance...)
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Remember 14-18yo when you changed your strings, like, once? It's nostalgic.

(me neither, I've always been really picky about maintenance...)
View Quote
So i showed both kids how i change strings (on their guitars) and realized i cant remember when i last changed mine.  The red Ibby was changed when i brought her home and my Tele got changed when i swapped the bridge out sometime last year.  The old strings and a 20' cable actually smooth the Tele out a bit. The output is crazy on Ibby so slightly dead strings only make it sound like a Les Paul ...
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I know guitar center & musicians friend are basically the same thing so now I'm wondering if this is why the telecaster I ordered hasn't shipped yet.
They sure did charge my card tho...
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know guitar center & musicians friend are basically the same thing so now I'm wondering if this is why the telecaster I ordered hasn't shipped yet.
View Quote
What is your order date? It's the same warehouse but they are different inventories. The article says the location was previously musicians friend which means a consolidation of facilities.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:18:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What is your order date? It's the same warehouse but they are different inventories. The article says the location was previously musicians friend which means a consolidation of facilities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

April 9.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

April 9.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

April 9.
Yep, unless it was drop shipped from manufacturer (Fender?), it won't ship until the Kansas City order is lifted. Your order was days after the warehouse agreed to close. Sorry man, we got ours in just under the wire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sweetwater still works. And they send candy.
View Quote

I was on Sweetwater last night shopping for effects pedals and something like 4 out of 5 had “extended delivery” warnings with no estimated shipping date in sight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yep, unless it was drop shipped from manufacturer (Fender?), it won't ship until the Kansas City order is lifted. Your order was days after the warehouse agreed to close. Sorry man, we got ours in just under the wire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

April 9.

Said it was in stock.
I've got a strong feeling I'm going to be waiting.
Well, that or cancel the order.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I keep getting emails from GC. Something tells me they're pointless at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

70th Ann Broadcaster?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

70th Ann Broadcaster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

70th Ann Broadcaster?

That's a fantastic guitar but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money.
I got this in the orange/black garb.
Telecaster
I think it will be a nice addition to my others,

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's a fantastic guitar but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money.
I got this in the orange/black garb.
Telecaster
I think it will be a nice addition to my others,
https://files.catbox.moe/b1b5y2.jpeg
https://files.catbox.moe/xlpvnj.jpg
View Quote

Sweet!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Well this explains where my $119 telecaster I ordered a week ago is.   They did say when I ordered that they expected it to ship in early May.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Amazingly enough I got a shipping notice on the 23d!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well this explains where my $119 telecaster I ordered a week ago is.   They did say when I ordered that they expected it to ship in early May.
View Quote

Shipped today.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#29]
What Tele did you get for that price?

Still kicking myself for passing the mint G&L Asat I saw at the pawn shop for $200.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Still kicking myself for passing the mint G&L Asat I saw at the pawn shop for $200.
View Quote

Oh man, I'd pet a pitbull backwards for an ASAT.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Seriously. I went back for it the next day and it was gone. Freakin' idiot.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just this little Squire. Price went back up to 180 since I ordered.  Made in Indonesia so it was in line with my China boycott.  Should be fun to goof around with.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Just this little Squire. Price went back up to 180 since I ordered.  Made in Indonesia so it was in line with my China boycott.  Should be fun to goof around with.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/102025/11FC56D2-07F1-45C8-B04B-D0FD30257B97_jpe-1387081.JPG
View Quote
To me these inexpensive Tele's are awesome.  Usually not many issues with the frets and they still have nice ringy pickups. Tele's are the AR15 of guitars. Only a couple of parts aren't universal. I love my cheap Tele. Best thing you can do though when you get it is lube the string tree(s), nut, and saddles. I used brake caliper silicone based lube applied with a toothpick on my new guitar and it worked wonders. Graphite is too messy..
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 11:54:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Cool. Dig the green, too.

I'd be inclined to say that one of my Squier basses is my favorite even over my Fenders. Maybe because it's fretless. Maybe because it's a dream to play. Whatever floats your boat. I love my Squier!
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Is this now the Telecaster thread?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is this now the Telecaster thread?
https://files.catbox.moe/j24jpq.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Its calling me as my 1st electric .....
Im fighting the urge....
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By protus:
Its calling me as my 1st electric .....
Im fighting the urge....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/Screenshot_20200430-130553_Samsung_Inter-1394268.JPG
View Quote

The AX guitars are sweet. Hell, Ibanez in general is awesome.
I'm looking at THIS one in forest green. I need to back off for a while tho.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 3:48:35 PM EDT
[#40]

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me to...
They got a metallic olive and sky blue and the indigo fade im digging as well.
But this green.....is cool

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its calling me as my 1st electric .....
Im fighting the urge....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/49816/Screenshot_20200430-130553_Samsung_Inter-1394268.JPG

I think the pic is an AR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 2:21:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Czechers:
I think the pic is an AR.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Czechers:
Originally Posted By HellioN:
Originally Posted By protus:
Its calling me as my 1st electric .....
Im fighting the urge....

The AX guitars are sweet. Hell, Ibanez in general is awesome.
I'm looking at THIS one in forest green. I need to back off for a while tho.
I think the pic is an AR.

That is an AR series guitar yes.
I'm pretty sure the AR and the AX are part of the same family of guitars with the AR being the higher end of the line.
Kind of how their is at least three different versions in the RG line not counting the S series and AZ models.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#44]
All the GC stores around me are now boarded up, after giving it a go with curbside for a while. Serves them right after bending the knee to the ritards (see Fulltone thread).  Hoping that we'll  see a resurgence of Mom & Pop music stores one day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
All the GC stores around me are now boarded up, after giving it a go with curbside for a while. Serves them right after bending the knee to the ritards (see Fulltone thread).  Hoping that we'll  see a resurgence of Mom & Pop music stores one day.
View Quote

I believe the closest one here is still open, but requires masks. That's what the web says at least. Meanwhile, the local guitar shop has been open since they were allowed, and not only are masks not required, but the staff aren't even bothering with masks themselves. (LGS was also fulfilling mail orders the whole time, but I couldn't bring myself to pay for shipping when they are literally ~10 minutes away.)

I've been debating heading up to GC, though, because I want to try out a MM (well, Sterling) 5-string to see if I would like it, and the website says they have one in stock. Not sure how keen they are with window-shoppers, though - I'd be there just to try it out. I don't buy new from GC unless it's an exclusive.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't gone to a local GC in a while, but the whole curbside thing never made sense to me. I mean, sure, if you're buying some strings or picks no big deal, but the biggest advantage of the brick and mortar stores is you can go inside and try before you buy. To go in and play the actual guitar you want to buy through the actual amp you have. If I am going to internet shop without the advantage of trying first, I'll just do it at Sweetwater.

I dunno, I was looking at a $2,500 Les Paul (monitor shopping) with the generic stock photo and it was odd to see it say, "available for curbside." Meanwhile, I can go on SW and see four different ones, pick the one I want, and have free next-day shipping to my door.

I hope GC/MF pull through. This can't be helping.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#47]
weird, my local Guitar Center is open but you have to wear masks.  At least it was last week when I went there.  I think my state is kind of lax compared to others.  

They had to wipe down every guitar you played so I didn't play as many as I would've liked to.  I didn't really have time to anyways but I felt bad that they would have to clean every one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not so sure they're different inventories. When the Ibanez Passion and Warfares were released, both sites had the same guitars, same s/n.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Our local stores were originally doing curbside so something has changed. Fender and GC are off my list anyway since they started throwing employees and vendors under the BLM bus.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone ever traded a guitar in at GC? Are their offers any good?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top