Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Day 4.

Symptoms mostly gone. Feeling for the most part normal again.
View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What are you basing the 8-10 comment on?
View Quote

I'll have to fig to find it, but one doc proposes that the response to covid is an allergic reaction, cytokine storm. He proposes that treating it appropriately gets you over the hump of the cytokine storm.

Will follow up if I find it again.

Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Well I just made lunch and my taste is largely gone. Wasn't that way last night. So hopefully that doesn't stick around.
View Quote

Mine went away the morning of the day we had planned BLTs. Sucked bad not smelling or tasting bacon. Through that phase of civid, at least for me, I could just make out sweet/sour things like skittles. Lasted for a few weeks. Wifes came back within a week.

Wife and I never had a fever, or any problems with our O2 levels. Started out with body aches and runny nose...thought I was sore from shooting 120 rnds of 45-70 Through a brand new Sharps in a sitting. Slight cough, slight headache, slight tightness in chest, loss of taste and smell. We both were taking pretty good amounts of multi vitamins, D3, zinc, and OTC meds for aches and pains.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Day 4.

Symptoms mostly gone. Feeling for the most part normal again.
View Quote

Yea!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
@AS556

How you doin?
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 11:33:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I developed a slight cough today. Fuck you china.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I developed a slight cough today. Fuck you china.
View Quote

How does your chest feel.  Deep breaths are normal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah probably 98% normal
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Lots of people I've talked to, cases I've read about and my personal experience.    Dr even told me what was going to happen when I tested postive.   I felt good the day I tested positive (day 3) and Dr told me day 8-10 were the days to worry about.  That is when the lung inflammation is the worst if it happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Day 8 through 10 is when the bad stuff hits, if it hits.  

You most likely will be just fine though.

What are you basing the 8-10 comment on?

Lots of people I've talked to, cases I've read about and my personal experience.    Dr even told me what was going to happen when I tested postive.   I felt good the day I tested positive (day 3) and Dr told me day 8-10 were the days to worry about.  That is when the lung inflammation is the worst if it happens.

Day 9, I realized I could no longer take a breath deeper than 1/3 to 1/4 of a normal deep breath. Wound up in the hospital on Day 10. 2 weeks in the hospital. 4 weeks total on 6 liters/min of 02 (they had to come setup the O2 at home on discharge when I finally was able to pass the O2 eval for discharge; maintaining a minimum 88% ambulatory SPO2 while walking, on no more than 6 liters/min of O2).

I've had med certed logging pulse oximeters for well over a decade and measured my SPO2 during workouts pre-Covid (literally 2 months prior) and maintained 98% SPO2 after 30 minutes on a stairclimber (while still on it).

In my first O2 eval in the hospital (on my 9th or 10th day in the hospital IIRC), my SPO2 dropped into the low 80s WHILE on 6 liters/min of O2, just from slowly walking ~30 - 45 feet. It took 20 - 30 minutes laying down and resting on that 6 liters/min of 02 to get my SPO2 back over 90%. THAT was when I finally realized just how much my lungs had been compromised.

OP, keep tabs on it. Hopefully, like most folks, it won't be worse than a cold/flu.

P.S.
Was lucky and recovered fully. Took about 6 months to recover the muscle/strength I lost from it, but for whatever reason, I have no smell/taste issues unlike a lot of folks I personally know who DIDN'T wind up in the hospital, but STILL have screwed up smell/taste months later
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I guess it’s my turn to start this journey. My wife and I have had symptoms for about 3 days . Hers are worse than mine. She slept in the recliner last night due to coughing. She bought a store test and tested positive today. We’ve both been taking D, Zinc, quercetin, C and fish oils. We both did a shot of I Ivermectin today that we kept on hand for this.
Please keep us in your prayers, especially her, she may not be as strong as I am.
I’m 51, very good health, exercise regularly.
She’s 37 in good health but not quite as active.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I guess it’s my turn to start this journey. My wife and I have had symptoms for about 3 days . Hers are worse than mine. She slept in the recliner last night due to coughing. She bought a store test and tested positive today. We’ve both been taking D, Zinc, quercetin, C and fish oils. We both did a shot of I Ivermectin today that we kept on hand for this.
Please keep us in your prayers, especially her, she may not be as strong as I am.
View Quote

Prayers headed your way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah probably 98% normal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah probably 98% normal
Very good
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:24:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope you both feel better soon !
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, I guess it's my turn to start this journey. My wife and I have had symptoms for about 3 days . Hers are worse than mine. She slept in the recliner last night due to coughing. She bought a store test and tested positive today. We've both been taking D, Zinc, quercetin, C and fish oils. We both did a shot of I Ivermectin today that we kept on hand for this.
I'm 51, very good health, exercise regularly.
She's 37 in good health but not quite as active.
View Quote
In our prayers.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Yesterday was my day 10 so back to normal.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The onset of my covid was a migraine headache
that went from the left side of my head back to
the base of my neck, again left side only. Like
a wide stripe.

Then my nose literally leaked like a faucet, both
nostrils, simultaneously, for 3 or 4 days. Again, with
literally no lung nor head fullness/congestion.
It was a constant leak/flow.

After day 5 the fever came, I maxed out at 102.4
But I was proactive and used ice packs on my head,
chest, and the back of my neck. Replacing them every
2 hours or so.

Break that fever at all costs!

My fever lasted 3 days, but once tamed, it literally
faded away quickly.

The congestion that others have reported at the onset
of their covid experience, came much later for me, like
after day 10 or so. Lungs, forehead, wet cough, but it
dissipated after 3 days or so.

The worst symptoms, for me, (around day 6) were the
body aches. A painful stripe that went from the base of
my neck, along my spine, terminating at the small of my
back. Weirdly.. the left side only.

Then that fleeted away, replaced by an excruciating
pain in my lower back, laterally.
It was as though some one had hit me there with a 2x4.

I was one of the odd ones that experienced the repulsion
to chicken. I could not stand the taste of chicken for weeks.
That too faded away, thank God.

Stay hydrated, drink pedialite, eat soups, tame the fever,
and keep up the fight...!!!

View Quote

Holy shit. I'm at day 10 from testing positive and this is pretty similar. Especially the weird back pain. Left side, from my neck down along my spine.

Tested positive on Sunday the 10th. No symptoms until Wednesday. Started with a somewhat productive cough and started running a fever that afternoon. Friday night was the last night of my fever. Tightness in my chest started over the weekend. Went to the urgent care Monday and got a Z Pack. Tuesday morning at around 4, it felt like I aspirated something and I woke up coughing uncontrollably. Took some Mucinex and it helped. Now it's just kind of lingering during the day. Took Mucinex twice last night. When I got up the second time, I got nailed by a huge wave of nausea. Had to sit down in the cold out on the deck until I could choke down the meds. When I tried to get up a couple of hours later, I had to run to the bathroom because I was shitting water. I don't know if that's a symptom, or if it was the Mucinex or antibiotics.

I think it was Thursday that I woke up and it smelled like someone had pissed the bed. I had that wonderful odor all day that day. I could still smell other things, but if there were no other odors it was a beautiful symphony of stale piss and burning electrical wires. The next day, that was gone along with my sense of smell. Haven't lost my taste though.

My 13 year old son was the first to get it. Wife took him to the urgent care the Tuesday before for a sprained wrist and we think that's where it started. Pretty mild all around for him. We started the HCQ Zinc protocol for all of us the day he tested positive. The wife got it next. Pretty similar symptoms to mine, except her fever came back for round 2 like 5 days later. 16 year old daughter was the last one to have symptoms. Mild fever for a couple of days.

No vax for any of us. China is Assoe. Let's go Brandon.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:13:08 PM EDT
[#17]
For anyone wondering I am 100% back to normal and have been for awhile.

Prayers out to anyone suffering more serious effects.

For the record I know C19 can be extremely serious. Glad I wasn't very affected.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For anyone wondering I am 100% back to normal and have been for awhile.

Prayers out to anyone suffering more serious effects.

For the record I know C19 can be extremely serious. Glad I wasn't very affected.
View Quote

Roger that good to hear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 1:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Holy shit. I'm at day 10 from testing positive and this is pretty similar. Especially the weird back pain. Left side, from my neck down along my spine.

Tested positive on Sunday the 10th. No symptoms until Wednesday. Started with a somewhat productive cough and started running a fever that afternoon. Friday night was the last night of my fever. Tightness in my chest started over the weekend. Went to the urgent care Monday and got a Z Pack. Tuesday morning at around 4, it felt like I aspirated something and I woke up coughing uncontrollably. Took some Mucinex and it helped. Now it's just kind of lingering during the day. Took Mucinex twice last night. When I got up the second time, I got nailed by a huge wave of nausea. Had to sit down in the cold out on the deck until I could choke down the meds. When I tried to get up a couple of hours later, I had to run to the bathroom because I was shitting water. I don't know if that's a symptom, or if it was the Mucinex or antibiotics.

I think it was Thursday that I woke up and it smelled like someone had pissed the bed. I had that wonderful odor all day that day. I could still smell other things, but if there were no other odors it was a beautiful symphony of stale piss and burning electrical wires. The next day, that was gone along with my sense of smell. Haven't lost my taste though.

My 13 year old son was the first to get it. Wife took him to the urgent care the Tuesday before for a sprained wrist and we think that's where it started. Pretty mild all around for him. We started the HCQ Zinc protocol for all of us the day he tested positive. The wife got it next. Pretty similar symptoms to mine, except her fever came back for round 2 like 5 days later. 16 year old daughter was the last one to have symptoms. Mild fever for a couple of days.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The onset of my covid was a migraine headache
that went from the left side of my head back to
the base of my neck, again left side only. Like
a wide stripe.

Then my nose literally leaked like a faucet, both
nostrils, simultaneously, for 3 or 4 days. Again, with
literally no lung nor head fullness/congestion.
It was a constant leak/flow.

After day 5 the fever came, I maxed out at 102.4
But I was proactive and used ice packs on my head,
chest, and the back of my neck. Replacing them every
2 hours or so.

Break that fever at all costs!

My fever lasted 3 days, but once tamed, it literally
faded away quickly.

The congestion that others have reported at the onset
of their covid experience, came much later for me, like
after day 10 or so. Lungs, forehead, wet cough, but it
dissipated after 3 days or so.

The worst symptoms, for me, (around day 6) were the
body aches. A painful stripe that went from the base of
my neck, along my spine, terminating at the small of my
back. Weirdly.. the left side only.

Then that fleeted away, replaced by an excruciating
pain in my lower back, laterally.
It was as though some one had hit me there with a 2x4.

I was one of the odd ones that experienced the repulsion
to chicken. I could not stand the taste of chicken for weeks.
That too faded away, thank God.

Stay hydrated, drink pedialite, eat soups, tame the fever,
and keep up the fight...!!!

Novax here also.  My wife (vaxed) had it with the fever, body aches, weak and brain fog.  Never lost taste or smell.  I never got a fever, just a clear runny nose like a faucet for a couple of days and my eyeballs felt like someone was squeezing them.  Also, that weird burning electrical smell during that time.  You are the first person I have ever heard about also experiencing that smell. It wasn’t constant.  And when it came on it was strong and distinctive.  Very strange.

Let’s Go Brandon!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Novax here also.  My wife (vaxed) had it with the fever, body aches, weak and brain fog.  Never lost taste or smell.  I never got a fever, just a clear runny nose like a faucet for a couple of days and my eyeballs felt like someone was squeezing them.  Also, that weird burning electrical smell during that time.  You are the first person I have ever heard about also experiencing that smell. It wasn’t constant.  And when it came on it was strong and distinctive.  Very strange.

Let’s Go Brandon!
View Quote

I should get an anti body test. Your runny nose, eye discomfort kind of sounds like something I had a while back. Too bad the anti body test isn't free.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I should get an anti body test. Your runny nose, eye discomfort kind of sounds like something I had a while back. Too bad the anti body test isn't free.
View Quote

I heard they test you for antibodies if you go donate blood. Can anyone confirm?

Looks like maybe they stopped that: https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/covid-19-antibody-testing.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Good luck I'm on day 14
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have also had this and still do.  First I've heard someone else having it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top