Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 1/18/2022 12:56:42 AM EDT
Heads up. I live in an affluent are in Kalistan.
I noticed that my local market is starting to have increasingly being having shortages (bottled water, toilet paper and various food items. (except meat)...
I am NOT sure if this is a trend in other places...or if it is an indicator of something systemic.
It is NOTHING like 2020...but it troubles me.

Just throwing this out there. Some news reports have been circulating of shortages in grocery stores...

CHIME IN if you have noticed anything peculiar in your local stores...
#$%^&*

NOT saying it's anything to be alarmed about..but I am saying I want to verify accuracy of news reports and similarity of experiences across the nation...and look at trends and risk assessment.

In 2020 I stocked my pantry and freezers...because of the unknown variables with the Pandemic....I'm trying to gauge if I should restock them a little bit (but not as much as in 2020)...

Inflation for CPI is 7%. For PPI it's 9%...those increases will be passed on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah stuff is sparse everywhere.  What is  available is lower quality/size and higher price.

All part of the plan.  Thanks China.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah stuff is sparse everywhere.  What is  available is lower quality/size and higher price.

View Quote
China didn't do this, our own government did.
They're using China as a weapon against the American people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Heavy whipping cream is very difficult to find here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I can’t find jalapeño poppers anywhere. Pissing me the fuck off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:06:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Liberals are buying the Heck out of Ramen Noodles.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:07:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Many of us have been posting about this for months now. Yes it’s real and I think it’s going to get worse.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:13:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Heads up. I live in an affluent are in Kalistan.
I noticed that my local market is starting to have increasingly being having shortages (bottled water, toilet paper and various food items. (except meat)...
I am NOT sure if this is a trend in other places...or if it is an indicator of something systemic.
It is NOTHING like 2020...but it troubles me.

Just throwing this out there. Some news reports have been circulating of shortages in grocery stores...

CHIME IN if you have noticed anything peculiar in your local stores...
#$%^&*

NOT saying it's anything to be alarmed about..but I am saying I want to verify accuracy of news reports and similarity of experiences across the nation...and look at trends and risk assessment.

In 2020 I stocked my pantry and freezers...because of the unknown variables with the Pandemic....I'm trying to gauge if I should restock them a little bit (but not as much as in 2020)...

Inflation for CPI is 7%. For PPI it's 9%...those increases will be passed on.
View Quote

Gas stations in California will need extra 1s to put up in front of the prices on the digital signs this summer.  That's right $10+/gallon gas could be coming to California this summer, along with widespread shortages and rationing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Redneck area off a major highway here. Half the shit I want when I go grocery shopping is not there. The shitty over prices garbage is there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#9]
All stores in my area east of Nashville were out of milk last week. Soup, bread, some brands of bottled water, soft drinks, some brands of chips, fruit, paper towels, toilet paper, chips, pasta, beef, chicken, cleaning suppplies... all have been short or unobtanium at some point in the last month. This is actually worse than it was during the Covid panic in my AO.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
And, so it begins..............
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:23:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Somewhat true, but countries or government didn't do this. Standard playbook used for centuries by "They", just a bit more sophisticated.

But yeah, first time I really noticed anything significant around here. Like no organic OJ, or double priced pasta, or half empty bread shelves. As long as there continues to be enough food, I'm good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All stores in my area east of Nashville were out of milk last week. Soup, bread, some brands of bottled water, soft drinks, some brands of chips, fruit, paper towels, toilet paper, chips, pasta, beef, chicken, cleaning suppplies... all have been short or unobtanium at some point in the last month. This is actually worse than it was during the Covid panic in my AO.
View Quote
But weren't y'all in the midst of a winter storm. I've seen how southerners strip a grocery when there is a threat of sleet and snow.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Yup.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't find jalapeo poppers anywhere. Pissing me the fuck off.
View Quote

Make them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#15]
This isn't new news OP.
It's been happening for a while now.

In our AO the following are sparse:

Cream cheese
Flour
Yeast
TP
Heavy cream
Some breads
Hummus
Pasta
Tomato sauce

And everything is higher in price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't worry too much about finding things  you're use to buying because there's always another brand you can substitute .

As long as trucks are moving grocery stores will have food. If trucks stop moving then worry

Every store would be bare in two days

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I haven't noticed any shortages lately.  I mainly shop at ALDI, if that makes a difference.  Maybe they're just good at filling in holes in the shelves, and the stuff I buy just isn't being affected.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#18]
It has been bad enough here that I created these.  Now I need to find someone to print them.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But weren't y'all in the midst of a winter storm. I've seen how southerners strip a grocery when there is a threat of sleet and snow.
View Quote

It's not just southerners that do that

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:31:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Orange Juice with heavy pulp is in short supply.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:33:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
If they want anarchy, this is how they'll get anarchy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I've noticed ot takes a week for the gas station outside of a medium city to restock anything, gets pretty bare in there.

Grocery in the tiny town and county seat are wiped out by Saturday, what limited back stock is out Sunday, refilled by Tuesday.

Nearest Walmart is down to 1/2 the stuff on the shelves as normal for food, everything faced but half as deep. Large sections of random items missing.

The big city is still mostly normal and stocked timely, but I'm going off the family and blind friends who won't leave so I don't think they are reliable.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Went grocery shopping today.

No

Milk
Gatorade
Paper towels
Toilet Paper
Cream Cheese
Cases of Bottled Water
Rice Crackers
Salsa (certain brands)
Pretzels

Made me think of 80s Soviet Union
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#24]
If you NPCs are beginning to notice then things aren't looking good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:44:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:45:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Make them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't find jalapeo poppers anywhere. Pissing me the fuck off.

Make them.

And then that will piss him off even worse.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:45:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you NPCs are beginning to notice then things aren't looking good.
View Quote

Jokes on you, I'm 3 years deep.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Went today was surprised I actually did see a few shortages.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#29]
In before food distribution priorities go the way of covid therapy distribution priorities.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:13:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Not having major shortages here but prices have risen steeply and I have spoken to a few store managers. They say projected orders are being limited on quantity so that may be an indicator.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You cant blame china
china is just doing china stuff.
The blame is on Americans who stopped being Americans.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:22:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Yep and the prices have skyrocketed.

We got some chicken on Saturday and had to go to three stores to find any. It was 26.00 for a total of 12 breasts. And that was a "good deal". The tyson was about 6 bucks for 2 breast's.

Almost all the produce was gone in 2 out of 3 stores, and a majority of the lunch meats were all gone too.

Some of it was because of the snow storm, however its been like this for a while now. Shortages across the country, theres even a hashtag for it. #BareshelveBiden
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:27:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Yes.

Not one tube of biscuits.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes.

View Quote

Uh oh. Now you've done it!

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been like that for multiple weeks here in western Virginia.
Even the pet food aisles have been stripped 80% of canned stuff for a long while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm in Houston and I have yet to notice any shortages at all.  Geography must have something to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:07:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Burger buns
Ramen noodles
Ham shanks
24 packs of Pepsi
Frozen Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches
TP (low amounts)
Canned cat food
Spaghetti sauce

Just a few things that were nonexistent on my trip to the store last week. Salmon was $35 for a decent size filet. SoCal area so no Snowmageddon, just Communism.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:30:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes.

View Quote

Same here as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like there's a difference.

Here, yes some items in short supply at the grocery store.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:43:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Discovery+ is airing a new series called "Out of Stock: Supply Chain Crisis"  that looks pretty good.  I've only seen the first episode so far (three have aired), but it seems to be worth watching.  It's echoing a lot of my own thoughts on this about unpredictable ripples and interactions from different parts of the supply chain going missing intermittently, and how sensitive the whole chain can be.

These assholes are playing with fire.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Somewhat true, but countries or government didn't do this. Standard playbook used for centuries by "They", just a bit more sophisticated.

But yeah, first time I really noticed anything significant around here. Like no organic OJ, or double priced pasta, or half empty bread shelves. As long as there continues to be enough food, I'm good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. They just keep recycling plays from their playbook, like you said, for centuries. If you pay attention, it's not a surprise, but surprising that they can just keep getting away with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Lots of things, but any chicken is the latest--breasts, wings, thighs, all of it
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#43]
No shortages here. Literally not one single item. You guys need to stop this panicky nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#44]
A couple weeks ago, all of the Kraft grated parmesan cheese disappeared from multiple stores. Seems to be back to normal now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No shortages here. Literally not one single item. You guys need to stop this panicky nonsense.
View Quote

Ah, because you're not seeing shortages, it ain't happening.  Got it.  

If you're not seeing it, it because you're not looking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Went to my affluent suburb New York Walmart, checking in

I know why you guys are bare! They re-directed all the product to liberal compliant states! Just like Biden bucks!  

Truck loads of Ramen, Pallets full of food all over the aisle being stocked!

Beer case, meat case, shelves were full and better than ever! Thanks red states for your hospitality!  

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:47:08 AM EDT
[#47]
this is like the 400th thread on this subject, OP just woke up from a coma
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
this is like the 400th thread on this subject, OP just woke up from a coma
View Quote

No shit. Soon we will need a food panic section of the forum.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah forcing truck drivers to get vaccinated is not a good idea when they don't want to and a great way to help to disrupt the supply chain.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Kroger is struggling to keep soup on the shelves.

ETA: Affluent gated community surrounded by a moat with sharks that have frickin' lasers on their heads in it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top