Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry your girl won
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fucking bullshit.  My paychecks are just over $4k biweekly and they deferred the taxes anyway.  I called to complain but everyone I talked to said I need to talk to someone else.
View Quote

gov worker calls another gov worker and expects to get results  

Oh the irony.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm genuinely curious whether the private sector could handle air traffic control on a large scale as efficiently. The Nav Canada system handles a small fraction of the traffic we do, so I wonder if it could be scaled up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what does the federal government do that private enterprise couldn't do better?  .gov is just a competitor to organized crime.
I'm genuinely curious whether the private sector could handle air traffic control on a large scale as efficiently. The Nav Canada system handles a small fraction of the traffic we do, so I wonder if it could be scaled up.
Maybe Fedex, UPS, versus USPS or private healthcare versus the VA  could be a guide as to how it could be?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If it was up to me 60% of federal employees would be unemployed and receiving 100% less of their paycheck.

Quit your bitching.
View Quote

This.
Has anyone really noticed a reduction in services?

All the Feds I know that are " teleworking" were fishing/ hunting/ lawn care/ home improvents most days.

Few even laughed about it. Check email am and pm.
Done!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you made more than $4k biweekly, it didn't apply.

Kharn
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
fucking bullshit.  My paychecks are just over $4k biweekly and they deferred the taxes anyway.  I called to complain but everyone I talked to said I need to talk to someone else.
View Quote

I don't care what your job is. I would gladly do it for half that. Without health benefits or retirement.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't care what your job is. I would gladly do it for half that. Without health benefits or retirement.
View Quote

Well your a moron .
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I wanted to opt out.

No choice. Fuck.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well your a moron .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well your a moron .

Why is that?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Something tells me you wont be around complaining when Biden doea the same shit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So get mad at Biden for not extending,  making it permanent

Right. It's Biden's fault Trump did stupid things.

There are a lot of stupid things Biden has done that are legitimately his, but the payroll deferral was Trump's genius.
Something tells me you wont be around complaining when Biden doea the same shit...

Reading comprehension is hard.  Please look at the line I typed that says “There are a lot of stupid things Biden has done...”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If it was up to me 60% of federal employees would be unemployed and receiving 100% less of their paycheck.

Quit your bitching.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Exactly what does the federal government do that private enterprise couldn't do better?  .gov is just a competitor to organized crime.
View Quote

Private sector is for profit, .gov is not. I am not driven to make the company more money, I am driven to do the best work I can no matter the out come. Right now I am working on a project but it may not pan out, if not, that is ok, my idea is worth it to try. If it pans out, we increased what we can do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is an impressive call out thread to find Government Leaches ("workers")
View Quote

The SS deferral applied to everyone making less than $4k biweekly, it was not a federal employee perk.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which ones?

Walmart DEA agents?
Facebook FBI agents?
Microsoft CIA agents?
Twitter Army and Navy officers?
Tyson Chicken INS officers?
BLM running the BLM?
China Mobile running the FCC?
Abbot Labs running the CDC?
MSNBC running the US Treasury?
Disney running the US Mints?
Sinopec Group inspecting nuclear reactors and weapons for the NRC?
Southwest Airlines running the FAA?

View Quote

I didnt make the list!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]
My gross went up 120 every check, net down 1 dollar.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
The new trend is hiring contractors instead of government employees.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I think it would be a mistake to hire private companies to regulate and audit other private companies, do maintenance on nuclear reactors and weapons, operate aircraft carriers in combat, or a whole lot of things.

If you don't understand the difference between a for profit company and a government agencies motivations I can see where you'd struggle.

In my 40-years in the DoD I'm spent my far share of time as COR (Contracting Officers Representative) and contractor. I've been military, civilian, and GS and have run workgroups of each and supervised military and GS departments. Those folks are motivated differently. On purpose. Done with hundreds of man years worth of study.

I don't think letting the lowest qualified private company bidder guard/inspect/audit/repair/use nuclear weapons is a good thing to start with. Even if their CEO is a disabled, minority, who identifies as a transgender potato.

You define better as cheaper. I define better handling of nuclear weapons as safer as better, no matter what it costs.
View Quote

I’m in the same boat.  I spent 40 years in DoD - 20 active and 20 GS.  What I did as a GS could not be done as a private entity unless you want that entity to be the face of the US government to other countries.  Would you really want a private ‘for profit’ company making decisions that impact the US?  What do you think their motive would be - what is best for the US or what is best for the company?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

OP is right. I actually did "save it", setup auto transfer of the $250-300 per paycheck.

The problem is, they will not let us pay it back in one lump sum.

Our ONLY option is to have it automatically withdraw.

So it's effectively a $600 swing, from getting $300 extra to having to pay $300 extra. For no fucking reason.

I love Trump, one of his most loyal supporters... But that EO was fucking stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also,  you knew it was coming,  so why didnt you save it?  Nice intetest free loan to those with self control

OP is right. I actually did "save it", setup auto transfer of the $250-300 per paycheck.

So it's effectively a $600 swing, from getting $300 extra to having to pay $300 extra. For no fucking reason.

I love Trump, one of his most loyal supporters... But that EO was fucking stupid.

It smells like he planned to have Congress nullify the repayment part.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also,  you knew it was coming,  so why didnt you save it?  Nice intetest free loan to those with self control

Kharn

Which amounts to blackmail.  “Vote for me, or you’ll pay. Literally.”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well your a moron .

Why is that?

Still waiting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This. What's the difference if you paid it then or now? Some people needed the extra money during the height of the panic.
View Quote

Budgets and planning.  It may be a zero difference ultimately, in reality a PITA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine was $6 less than the cutoff, didn't want this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Should move 90% of fed civ jobs to the private sector anyway.
View Quote

I dunno, seems to me those jobs could just be eliminated and no one would even notice.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top