Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/18/2021 3:15:24 PM EDT
Haven't died yet.

Putting on flame retardant suit now to prepare for incoming flames

Don't know if it's the right decision for anyone else, but as a 50yo with underlying conditions think it's right for me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you! Glad that makes you happy and I'm glad you were able to make the best choice.for yourself.

Just don't force the shots on anyone else.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#2]
so you made a personal choice, based on your individual circumstances.....what a fucking concept.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:42:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't ask, don't tell.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't ask, don't tell.
View Quote

Don't care.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you also into Crossfit?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh. It's your call. I am not anti vax per se, I'm anti mandate.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

And/or vegan, atheist
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a vegan?
Late by 1 fuck joe biden second
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck, bro.  Hope it works out well for you.  

Quoted:
View Quote

So true.  It should be about freedom of choice.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
so you made a personal choice, based on your individual circumstances.....what a fucking concept.
View Quote

I know! That's the worst thing about the mandate, it's making people resist something that's probably good for them, because human nature. I bet MORE people would get vaxxed if it were a free choice.

If I were 25 and in perfect health I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get vaxxed and probably also wouldn't object if my doctor gave it to me incidentally while I was getting a checkup. But when I was 25 I never went to get checkups anyway because I was perfectly healthy back then :)
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Haven't died yet.

Don't know if it's the right decision for anyone else, but as a 50yo with underlying conditions think it's right for me.
View Quote

That's nice.
I'm 65 with Emphysema and immune system problems. I don't think the mandated shots are the right choice for me. Don't think they are the right choice for my kids or grandkids, either.
I sincerely hope you do not succumb to ADE.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Your body, your choice.

Just keep the poke from me.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck.  Please update the post in two weeks to give us proof of life.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Passive aggressive virtue signal much???
Make sure you get the personalized license plate and rear window decal.
And your 3% discount at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Cool. Now refuse to show vax papers anyway. Do it for all of us.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#16]
dibs
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever since my shot this morning I'm getting the urge
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Out of curiosity...

I'm not criticizing your choice, but assuming the boosters are recommended, hypothetically every 6 months to a year, will you continue getting boosters indefinitely?

If a place of business requires a "vaccine passport" in order to do business will you show your passport and participate?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I took a poop today, as a guy over 50 it seemed like the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Two weeks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Haven't died yet.

View Quote
As a 48 yr old if I had significant underlying medical conditions I would get the drug also.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Shouldn't this be in the Covid forum?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know! That's the worst thing about the mandate, it's making people resist something that's probably good for them, because human nature. I bet MORE people would get vaxxed if it were a free choice.

If I were 25 and in perfect health I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get vaxxed and probably also wouldn't object if my doctor gave it to me incidentally while I was getting a checkup. But when I was 25 I never went to get checkups anyway because I was perfectly healthy back then :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that the people who wanted to take the shots have already done so. The only ones who seem to be getting them now are the ones who are afraid of getting canned from their jobs. That's the problem with mandates - it eliminates the possibility of making a responsible, well-reasoned choice for ones self.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is.
Started here, not moved here.
Did you make a wrong turn?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm glad you're ok with it.  

It won't be the last one you get
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Enjoy your ADE.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is.

Hey, at least he remembered to poop today.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:04:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Your body your choice. I'm glad you were able to make that choice on your own. I hope it wasn't under duress that it was made. Likewise I wish you the best of luck going forward as it's beginning to look like a life long commitment.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I didn't realize boosters were available for everyone yet. Did I miss something or is it for certain people?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#31]
See, these are the irrelevant pointless threads that belong in the Covid sub-forum.  Not the ones that keep getting moved here with actually important info and news.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I didn't realize boosters were available for everyone yet. Did I miss something or is it for certain people?
View Quote
You didn't get the subscription email?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Good for you! Glad that makes you happy and I'm glad you were able to make the best choice.for yourself.

Just don't force the shots on anyone else.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 6:49:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Is the booster a different formula?  I wonder if they are using up supplies before they exipre
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Vax-fitters.

Got it from somebody on here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone suggested a badge for the Vaxxers?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Out of curiosity...

I'm not criticizing your choice, but assuming the boosters are recommended, hypothetically every 6 months to a year, will you continue getting boosters indefinitely?

If a place of business requires a "vaccine passport" in order to do business will you show your passport and participate?
View Quote

I don't think anyone knows. There are other vaccines that are a three dose cycle to get lifetime immunity, that's how the Hepatitis vaccine works, 2nd dose at 2wk then 3rd at 6m.

Maybe COVID will be like that.

Also at some point presumably I will get COVID and have a mild case thanks to the vaccine, then have vac+recovered immunity.

But no one really knows.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is, that's where I posted it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Available to over 65 or with underlying conditions, in either case no earlier than 180 days after 2nd dose. I'm in the underlying conditions category.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone knows.

But no one really knows.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone knows. There are other vaccines that are a three dose cycle to get lifetime immunity, that's how the Hepatitis vaccine works, 2nd dose at 2wk then 3rd at 6m.

Also at some point presumably I will get COVID and have a mild case thanks to the vaccine, then have vac+recovered immunity.

But no one really knows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Out of curiosity...

But no one really knows.

You didn't answer either question directly.

But I think I know what the answers are.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You didn't answer either question directly.

But I think I know what the answers are.
View Quote

My expectation is that this isn't a perpetual six month thing. I expect it's either three doses build long term immunity as with the Hepatitis vaccine, or eventually everyone gets COVID and gets longterm immunity that way. Maybe it becomes an annual shot like the flu--I'm ok with that.

Also there will in time be better treatments for COVID. Maybe Ivermectin will turn out to be the miracle drug its boosters claim it to be, maybe the Merck drug will, or if not something else will be developed. In that respect buying a couple of years time means getting access to better treatment.

But there's no good answer because no one really knows, COVID hasn't been around long enough for anyone to have any good idea what's going to be the end game.

ETA: I'm explaining what I think in the context of why I got the vaccine and what I expect in the future, not here to persuade anyone else that they should see it the same way
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Vax-fitters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vax-fitters.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Careful, that's means the mods would have to move every single thread they ever post in to the sub-forum.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh, no. That's actually not among the list of about 25-30 reasons I haven't obtained the experimental, lightly studied, gene therapies manufactured by companies with abysmal product safety records, and that also contain chemotherapeutic and radiologic components. LMAO!!

I do have to ask, and it's in all sincerity, if the first two obviously did not work that well, what was the processing involved of deciding to get a third in under 6-8 months?

ETA - I just read one of your prior posts. You seem to be operating under the belief that the gene therapies provide sterilizing immunity, which means, you get the shots, you get the antibodies, you don't get covid.  You equated them to the Hep B series, which also produce sterilizing immunity.  You have an apples to oranges comparison going on. Just like the polio vax...get the shot, don't get polio.  Take the covid gene therapies, and not only do you still get covid, but you transmit it to others as well.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top