Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2020 1:42:08 AM EDT
No pics sorry to disappoint. I've played electric for the last 30 years. Normally a telecaster of different varieties. The weight as of late has got to me due to my medical issues. I needed something lighter. My grilfriend surprised me with a new guitar. I think she picked out a good one. Ane epiphone hummingbird she got on reverb for $60 off new. I haven't played acoustic in a long time but I'm like it. Came setup pretty well which I'm kind of surprised and innotated with factory strings. The tuners for a relatively inexpensive acoustice aren't bad. Played pretty much straight through the last 3 days. Hasn't needed tuning as of yet. Happy with it. I'm sure the guitar pick will lose the hummingbird soon.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.  Of course now your life is over as you'll have to buy MORE acoustics.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2020 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
She's a keeper.  Actually, both of them are!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]
HNGD.

If you're looking for a lighter electric, check out the Squier Bullet Mustang HH.  Thin basswood body, comfort cuts for arm and belly, and a 24" scale make for a compact and light guitar.  It feels like a toy compared to my Les Paul.  Quality is surprisingly good.  The pickups are a little muddy to my ears but some guys love them.  I got it for my son to learn on.  I didn't want a Mini Strat for him as I find the quality on those to be terrible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's a keeper.  Actually, both of them are!
View Quote

She may be. Met her 36 years ago for a week. My inbox on facebook had a message from a friend of hers to send her a message where it sat for 5 years before I responded lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to order new strings since my collection were all for electrics. They came in today and had full intention of changing strings. I'm in doubt now lol. Played all day all week on the acoustic and have  yet to touch a tuning peg yet. It's dead on setup. I checked it today and the gauge had it just hair low which fit me perfectly. I really didn't expect that on a pretty inexpensive guitar. Innotation is dead on as well. I think I'm going to leave it till I start to notice a degredation. It's rare for me to not to mess with something that is already going good lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#7]
DON'T TOUCH IT.

OK, you needed positive reinforcement.  

If it sounds good and stays in tune leave it be.  Gosh darn it I haven't played since Covid began.  Got to get one out now.  Heck, I can play outside since the golf course is closed.  Won't put anyone off their game.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had to order new strings since my collection were all for electrics. They came in today and had full intention of changing strings. I'm in doubt now lol. Played all day all week on the acoustic and have  yet to touch a tuning peg yet. It's dead on setup. I checked it today and the gauge had it just hair low which fit me perfectly. I really didn't expect that on a pretty inexpensive guitar. Innotation is dead on as well. I think I'm going to leave it till I start to notice a degredation. It's rare for me to not to mess with something that is already going good lol.
View Quote

Please don't be mad at me, but...

The correct term is 'intonation.'

Maybe it was auto-correct.  Maybe I just taught you something.  Anyway, that's great that you found such a nice instrument.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations on your new acoustic!
Fair warning! You will have to buy others.
I started with a fair classical guitar.
I now have two classical guitars, a Squier Starcaster, a PRS SE Santana, and a Washburn Revival acoustic. Plus an Ohana baritone ukelele.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Congratulations on your new acoustic!
Fair warning! You will have to buy others.
I started with a fair classical guitar.
I now have two classical guitars, a Squier Starcaster, a PRS SE Santana, and a Washburn Revival acoustic. Plus an Ohana baritone ukelele.
View Quote

I figured. I don't even have an electric guitar collection. I have a telecaster collection. I can't imagine the space needed if I had branched out into other guitars over the last 35  years. But as long as I didn't foot the bill...hmm thinking lol. I did order a few things, that doesn't count. A stand, some extra strings, a new strap, a new case. That doesn't count however, that's just standard stuff. I tried to get her to learn the mandolin to make a good team. No luck....yet :)
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Please don't be mad at me, but...

The correct term is 'intonation.'

Maybe it was auto-correct.  Maybe I just taught you something.  Anyway, that's great that you found such a nice instrument.
View Quote

Not mad. Brain not what it used to be. I have to put a post it note next to the computer to keep my ex'es name on that I've known 25 years and it's only 5 letters. Now that is mad when I get that one spelled wrong heh.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Potato phone. 2003 MiM Telecaster I bought new. Epiphone Humingbird that was a gift recently. My Made in America Telecaster is in the main part of the part the house. This is my bedroom.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 12:02:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Hot diggity dog. I love both of them.  We need more pics of your Teles.  I have always liked teles.  Although I'm getting to the point that I want to sand them belly cut and arm relief in all of them.  I had a strat type guitar for the last 10 years and the comfy body spoiled me.  I just bought an Affinity Tele and it reminded me of the reasons I was a tele guy.  They just feel like home to me.  BUT, the slab body is the downside.  LOL.

Not to make you long for another acoustic but I could go for something with a smaller body.  The only one I have is a normal large body like you got, I forget the name of that size.  But I think I'd like something the next size down.  Would be more comfy on the couch and even when playing at church I think it would be easier to play cuz it wouldn't stick out so much.  LOL.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I thought about something smaller. The size has not been an issue, the weight reductin was the biggest impact. Plus it was a gift someone else picked out. I play it a lot everyday now and I like it a lot. The weight is nice.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#15]
It looks super good.  I'd be stoked if someone gave me that too.  Is the scale a 24-3/4"?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It looks super good.  I'd be stoked if someone gave me that too.  Is the scale a 24-3/4"?
View Quote

yes
Ordered some bumblebee thumb picks and they came in a day or two ago. I like them. Supposed to be for picking obvioivly but I like them for strumming. At the sound levels I play at they're just right and they never slip, and the yellow part makes them easier to spot than a flat dark color pick which magically disappear in seconds. Somewhere out there is a large field of socks and picks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad you like your new acoustic!

I'm looking to get a new one in August and have been eyeballing the Seagull S6.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Try and play one if you can.
The neck was weird to me. But sounded great. I'd like to play one again to see if i like it

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The neck was weird to me. But sounded great. I'd like to play one again to see if i like it

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't tried a Seagull (technically) but have a LaPatrie classical which is a branch of Seagull.
The tone is incredibly beautiful - rings like a bell long after the note is played.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

yes
Ordered some bumblebee thumb picks and they came in a day or two ago. I like them. Supposed to be for picking obvioivly but I like them for strumming. At the sound levels I play at they're just right and they never slip, and the yellow part makes them easier to spot than a flat dark color pick which magically disappear in seconds. Somewhere out there is a large field of socks and picks.
View Quote

I will have to check them out.  I bet the 24-3/4 scale makes it really nice to play.  I'm jealous.   Every one of my guitars I own right now, including my acoustic is a 25-1/2 scale and after shopping for guitars lately I feel like a 24-3/4 would be better for me.  If I redo my strat I might try and find a neck in the smaller scale.  But that's down the road.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I haven't tried a Seagull (technically) but have a LaPatrie classical which is a branch of Seagull.
The tone is incredibly beautiful - rings like a bell long after the note is played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried an Art & Lutherie Americana Bourbon Burst CW QIT today and liked it a lot. Its a tad over my budget, but I may have to say screw the budget!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I tried an Art & Luthier Americana Bourbon Burst CW QIT today and liked it a lot. Its a tad over my budget, but I may have to say screw the budget!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried an Art & Luthier Americana Bourbon Burst CW QIT today and liked it a lot. Its a tad over my budget, but I may have to say screw the budget!

I think they multiply at night.
My grandson wanted the know why I had six guitars.
So I bought him one.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

So I bought him one.
View Quote

WTH?  My son asked the same question.

We don't live in the Soviet Union.  Taste the rainbow, kiddo.  Too much is never enough.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

We don't live in the Soviet Union.  Taste the rainbow, kiddo.  Too much is never enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I bought him one.

Maybe your son wants you to buy him a guitar?
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I bought him one.

He has one.  I pondered letting him use my LP, but it weighs more than him.

Link Posted: 8/1/2020 10:31:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 3:05:41 PM EDT
[#27]
The spousal unit decided I could have my birthday present 12 days early. SWEET!

Art & Lutherie Americana Bourbon Blast.

And yes, I know my yard is nothing but weeds. Don't care...they're green.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats.  Looks great.

Link Posted: 8/17/2020 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Great.......

Off to Reverb again!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top