Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2022 10:21:25 PM EDT
Being an arizona car, the body mount bolts came undone easily. I got the first side mostly done tonight. I suspect I'll finish most of it tomorrow. Since one box of body bushings came without metal sleeves, I'll have to finish when the next set arrive unfortunately. But the finished side looks awesome, and the radiator is now much better tucked into the frame! What do you think?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2022 4:34:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I wondered what ever happened to you and your project. I’m digging it
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not going well. I correctly anticipated needing a steering shaft extension, but failed to anticipate that the rag joint wouldn't be able to bend enough to deal with the steeper steering shaft angle. I'm now debating replacing with a u-joint or removing the lift. I will do the u-joint if I can take measurements tonight and verify I can wedge one between the stearing gearbox and the rag joint with my steering shaft extension removed. I don't want to fabricate an entire steering shaft if I can avoid it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I got ya fam. Send me your address Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate it, but I just ordered one this morning.

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:24:39 PM EDT
[#6]
It works! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top