Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2022 11:56:19 AM EDT
What do you guys recommend for stationwear? I’ve always been an Underarmour guy but the last set I bought only lasted a few months before I got holes in the heel.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Not in law enforcement, but i like merino wool socks.  They are durable, comfortable, good temp regulation, and odor control.

https://www.smartwool.com/shop/mens-wool-clothing-and-socks#facet=product_type:%22Socks%22&beginIndex=0
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Darntough.  These win in every sock thread. Pricey, but well worth every penny.  Lifetime warranty and they last forever.

Thank me later.
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a cop.  Wore the combat boot versions overseas.

https://thorlos.com/
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Darntough.  These win in every sock thread. Pricey, but well worth every penny.  Lifetime warranty and they last forever.

Thank me later.
View Quote

This is the right answer. I wear DTs every single day and absolutely love them. They used to be on GovX too, not sure if that’s still the case.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
As a street cop (in Alabama) with our uniform allowance Thorlo was awesome as that was all that was on the list. As a fed we dont have an allowance so I tend to use Smartwool. I wear wool virtually everyday even here in the Arizona heat.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank me later.
View Quote

+1 for Darntough
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Darn Tough or Bombas.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 1:19:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is the right answer. I wear DTs every single day and absolutely love them. They used to be on GovX too, not sure if that’s still the case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank me later.

I bought 5 pairs a couple months ago.  They are awesome.  They do have a discount program right on their website.  Just scroll to the bottom.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried Darn toughs and there are weird seams that irritated me. I’ve had good experiences with Thorlos, but have been using FITS socks for quite a while with good experience. From nasty hot / humid to cold. I totally recommend them. I had 15 hour days working a festival for the last 3 days, and my feet were good ( wearing Salomon boots as well) .

They offer a significant discount  for LEO / Military when purchased directly
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been wearing Thorlo military boot socks for years. Best socks I've found at reasonable prices
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#11]
*yawn* DT
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Ordered a pair of Darn Toughs. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:38:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I just looked down at my foot and I have the T4021.  I wear them for work and hunting.  Love them.  

I do want to try some of their lighter crew cuts as well some day.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Been wearing the Darn Toughs at work for a few weeks now, so far working out great. They’re discounted on Govx as well which helps when ordering multiple pairs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Been wearing the Darn Toughs at work for a few weeks now, so far working out great. They're discounted on Govx as well which helps when ordering multiple pairs.
View Quote
I wear these every day.  https://darntough.com/collections/mens-hiking-socks/products/mens-coolmax-hiker-micro-crew-midweight-hiking-socks

You can get a discount code from their site.  I don't know how much it is.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#16]
In the 90s I wore thorlo on duty. They worked well but not sure if there are better ones these days.  Ow that I am plainclothes I just wear smartwool, even in the summer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok, here we go again:

The Best Time Of The Year To Buy Socks: A Primer.

1) Wake up on Friday morning after Thanksgiving, secure from all the Black Friday shopping nonsense.
2) Have a leisurely breakfast. Should include bacon.
3) After your morning coffee and constitutional, go warm up the car.
4) Drive down to your local sporting goods store, camping supply store, etc.
5) Take advantage of the Black Friday BOGO or BOGOHO on socks, because NOBODY gets up at 3am to go buy socks, and there will be plenty left on the shelf.

Seriously, everyone is all concerned with getting a flat screen, or a fish finder, or whatever big-ticket items that they "can't live without". Nobody stampedes the stores at 3am to buy socks. Nobody.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

+1 for Darntough
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank me later.

+1 for Darntough

Can’t say enough good things about these. Well worth the money. The last socks you’ll ever need. Just bought 10 pair of black for work actually.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Darn tough. Been wearing them for at least 10 years everywhere and not worn a hole yet. Including on my feet 10 hours a day 6 days a week for work and at least 3000 miles of hikes. Oldest pair has lost its color on the heels and Achilles and ball of foot but still as thick as the day I bought them
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Darn Toughs are flat out the best socks on the planet. Period.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ok, here we go again:

The Best Time Of The Year To Buy Socks: A Primer.

1) Wake up on Friday morning after Thanksgiving, secure from all the Black Friday shopping nonsense.
2) Have a leisurely breakfast. Should include bacon.
3) After your morning coffee and constitutional, go warm up the car.
4) Drive down to your local sporting goods store, camping supply store, etc.
5) Take advantage of the Black Friday BOGO or BOGOHO on socks, because NOBODY gets up at 3am to go buy socks, and there will be plenty left on the shelf.

Seriously, everyone is all concerned with getting a flat screen, or a fish finder, or whatever big-ticket items that they "can't live without". Nobody stampedes the stores at 3am to buy socks. Nobody.
View Quote

I'd make a point to not shop at a store that made it's employees staff the store at 3 AM on a holiday weekend. I thought that stores were getting smart about this and not opening on holiday weekends at stupid hours
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:05:57 AM EDT
[#22]
For me, Covert Threads gets my money.

Love these socks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top