Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2020 3:57:06 PM EDT
I'm new to this game and would like a used Automatic Omega that I can actually wear.  I have two cheap G-Shocks for dirty work, one nice G-Shock for flying (Allegedly not impacted by magnetic fields of the -64E cockpit), and a Victorinox Maverick Chrono.

I'm interested in a Speedmaster or Seamaster Automatic with blue or black dial.  I want to spend around $1,500-2,500 (which seems realistic on ebay).  I've looked at watchmaxx and a few other places.  I'm also considering a new one from the PX since it's tax free, but even their sale prices aren't that great compared to some vendors.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
WatchUSeek forums. Very active EE section with good sellers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I just registered with them.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Seamaster. Speedmaster on my list for sure.

Can’t go wrong with an Omega.

As you’re a pilot, I’d like your impression of this watch I just received. Hamilton Khaki X Wind. It’s an automatic. Love the look, but I’ll never use or likely figure out the flight calculator.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Seamaster. Speedmaster on my list for sure.

Can’t go wrong with an Omega.

As you’re a pilot, I’d like your impression of this watch I just received. Hamilton Khaki X Wind. It’s an automatic. Love the look, but I’ll never use or likely figure out the flight calculator.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218/85048133-49BD-47D6-9018-D9FF00CF8186-1429108.jpg
View Quote

@HiramRanger,

That’s a beautiful piece.  I won’t ever use the flight functions either, which is why I'm not really dedicated to getting an aviation specific watch.

I definitely like how they look, however.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#5]
AAFES online a couple times a year does 30% off their listed price on the handful of Omegas they carry.  If you sign up for their card they usually offer 15% off your first days purchase, so you can score a great deal.

Down side is you have to wait until the sale, and hear about it before it's over.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Exelonman on WUS.

Also get WatchRecon and start looking.

Always buy the seller and count on a service for piece of mind within the first year.

Lunaroyster is also a good seller.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
AAFES online a couple times a year does 30% off their listed price on the handful of Omegas they carry.  If you sign up for their card they usually offer 15% off your first days purchase, so you can score a great deal.

Down side is you have to wait until the sale, and hear about it before it's over.
View Quote

Funny you say that, I just signed up last night but now I doubt I'll get the card before the sale is over.  I have to call the company.  If it doesn't work out right now that's fine.

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Always buy the seller and count on a service for piece of mind within the first year.

View Quote

I hear what you're saying.  I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
If you're considering an Omega Seamaster Pro automatic, that would be a wonderful choice. I'd suggest finding a model 2531.80 which is from the late '90s and is the 'Bond' watch from the Pierce Brosnan movies. I've had mine since then and it has been an incredible watch. The poster is exactly right about getting a service or at least planning one because it can run from $600 to $1000. Many fine automatics have been dumped after an unknowing owner took it in to see why it was running slower and was hit with the service fee - which should be done at least every five years. If you are careful with your watch, always keep the crown screwed in, never wear it in the shower or any other water, don't drop it, etc., you might be able to go 20 years on a service - in other words, treat it as though it were not waterproof and it'll give a lot better service. I take mine off when working on dirty things and doing yard work, etc.. Anyway, I am linking a video on this exact model that explains the watch much better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7tup4xuls
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you're considering an Omega Seamaster Pro automatic, that would be a wonderful choice. I'd suggest finding a model 2531.80 which is from the late '90s and is the 'Bond' watch from the Pierce Brosnan movies. I've had mine since then and it has been an incredible watch. The poster is exactly right about getting a service or at least planning one because it can run from $600 to $1000. Many fine automatics have been dumped after an unknowing owner took it in to see why it was running slower and was hit with the service fee - which should be done at least every five years. If you are careful with your watch, always keep the crown screwed in, never wear it in the shower or any other water, don't drop it, etc., you might be able to go 20 years on a service - in other words, treat it as though it were not waterproof and it'll give a lot better service. I take mine off when working on dirty things and doing yard work, etc.. Anyway, I am linking a video on this exact model that explains the watch much better than I can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it7tup4xuls
View Quote

@1saxman

Thank you for that.  I’ll watch the video and look at those models.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Check davidsw as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:24:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Watch recon is how I found mine. Careful, it’s addictive.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:03:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree, very positive experience with Exeloman.

Quoted:
Exelonman on WUS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Exelonman on WUS.

Quoted:
Exelonman on WUS.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top