Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2020 2:02:37 PM EDT
As the title says.

I need a belt so I can add weight to my dips.

Suggestions appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever you can find in stock probably.

For the "right now" option. You could just go buy like 4 ft of 3/8" chain and a snap link, should work fine. Either that or a very short tow strap and a snap link.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a super cheap on off amazon last year. It's held up to 60lbs no problem. I use it for pull ups and dips kill my shoulder. Its been a while though so i might try to see if it's gotten better.  

Also, you could upgrade the chain from a hardware store if the small chain wont hold the weight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got the Spud Inc. dip belt. Works well but it's the only one I've had so no basis for comparison.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As the title says.

I need a belt so I can add weight to my dips.

Suggestions appreciated.
View Quote

Pioneer Fitness.
Made in Coleman, Texas.
You’re welcome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:41:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Piece of rope
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:45:08 AM EDT
[#6]
go to the hardware store and get 5 feet of chain and a carabiner.  should cost you less than 10 bucks althogether.

wrap chain around waist secure with carabiner, loop excess through plates and attach at carabiner

for the whiny bitches who cry because oh the chain isn't comfortable i've used it with 2 45lb plates and it is fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:47:24 AM EDT
[#7]
eat more carbs before bed
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 8:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a my lifting belt.  Just buckle it loosely around my waist and use a chain looped around a dumbbell.  Chain has a snap on the end to secure the loop.

I use the 35 lb dumbbell for warm-ups and then go as heavy as I want.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File
I've used the dark iron fitness belt for 6 months or more. It's extremely comfortable. I've done all sorts of exercises with it...cable squats, weighted pull ups, weighted dips, etc.

Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:37:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks everyone, I will check these out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:43:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the Spud Inc. dip belt. Works well but it's the only one I've had so no basis for comparison.
View Quote

I like the looks of the spud belt but haven’t tried it. Rogue has some in stock that look pretty nice too.

I have a cheap crappy one I got from elite but it gets the job done. For years I just used a length of chain and a carabiner. I didn’t think it was really all that uncomfortable.

I don’t  like the ones that are really wide in the back. They don’t sit well on me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:27:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433328/B9A63AE6-41FF-471B-9C71-870DDE5A9638_jpe-1585136.JPGI've used the dark iron fitness belt for 6 months or more. It's extremely comfortable. I've done all sorts of exercises with it...cable squats, weighted pull ups, weighted dips, etc.

View Quote

Ended up going with this one. The price was right and it looked like it would be the easiest to hook weight up to.

I've gotten to where 4 sets of 12 with just bodyweight, after doing heavy close-grip bench, isn't too much of a challenge. I prefer to work in the 4-8 rep range anyway, so time to add weight!
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 11:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ended up going with this one. The price was right and it looked like it would be the easiest to hook weight up to.

I've gotten to where 4 sets of 12 with just bodyweight, after doing heavy close-grip bench, isn't too much of a challenge. I prefer to work in the 4-8 rep range anyway, so time to add weight!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433328/B9A63AE6-41FF-471B-9C71-870DDE5A9638_jpe-1585136.JPGI've used the dark iron fitness belt for 6 months or more. It's extremely comfortable. I've done all sorts of exercises with it...cable squats, weighted pull ups, weighted dips, etc.

If you want to make them harder without a belt, try them off rings.

I wish I could still do them, I tried a few weeks ago, something in my elbow is super fucked, the descending portion of a dip feels like it's going to explode.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I wish I could still do them, I tried a few weeks ago, something in my elbow is super fucked, the descending portion of a dip feels like it's going to explode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They used to bother my shoulder and, oddly enough, my sternum.

I didn't do them (or much of anything) for a year (because lazy) and everything seems to have healed up. Joints feels great, thankfully.
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn't do them (or much of anything) for a year (because lazy) and everything seems to have healed up. Joints feels great, thankfully.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine just keeping getting more fucked, I blame work.

I just sort of work around it, find an exercise that doesn't cause pain, and run it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to use the belt for the first time today, very happy with it.

Nice and comfortable and pretty easy to load the weight on.

Did 6 x 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, to figure out where I am at with it.

In a way it was more comfortable with the belt than without. I think it changed my balance a little bit and made it work with my body's geometry better or something, I dunno.

I was able to go a little deeper than normal, but that may have just been the extra weight helping me stretch more.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top