Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2022 12:37:25 PM EDT
The missus really wants to play Stray. Gonna pick up a used PS4 Pro, but checking if I should bother with any other games. Nothing too crazy, I don't want to start another collection lol.

Don't care for Uncharted or God of War (played the first two on PS2). Is the newest Killzone fun?
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
all the souls games
bloodborne
horizon zero dawn
witcher 3
assassins creed valhalla

i dont care for shooters but the 50 or so call of dookies
i really enjoyed the uncharted games

also if you get a subscription to psn there are 20 of the best games available for free download as long as you keep psn active.
i get my subscriptions every thanksgiving since they usually go on sale for 45 instead of 60
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The Last of Us
Days Gone
Spiderman
Horizon Zero Dawn

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#3]
God of War game mechanics were changed for the PS4  release / soft reboot. It’s a different kind of play style. If you like playing games with good story telling, it is definitely one you shouldn’t skip. The sequel for it comes out later this year.

Ghosts of Tsushima is also fun if you like samurai swordplay. I really enjoyed it.

Last of Us. I can only recommend the 1st one, as I never played the 2nd one based on reviews.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God of War game mechanics were changed for the PS4  release / soft reboot. It’s a different kind of play style. If you like playing games with good story telling, it is definitely one you shouldn’t skip. The sequel for it comes out later this year.

Ghosts of Tsushima is also fun if you like samurai swordplay. I really enjoyed it.

Last of Us. I can only recommend the 1st one, as I never played the 2nd one based on reviews.
View Quote

This is worth repeating.  Totally different than the rest of the series.  I hated the original series myself, but this is top 5 all time for me.

FF7 Remake.
Dragon Quest 11.

Enjoy your PS4.  The trophy system is very addictive, be careful.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. Days Gone looks fun.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is worth repeating.  Totally different than the rest of the series.  I hated the original series myself, but this is top 5 all time for me.

FF7 Remake.
Dragon Quest 11.

Enjoy your PS4.  The trophy system is very addictive, be careful.
View Quote

Laughs in 70k+ Gamerscore achievements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top