Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2020 5:11:00 PM EDT
https://thefoodieandthefix.com/healthy-pulled-pork-mustard-bbq-sauce/

Gonna try mustard sauce along with conventional BBQ sauce.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
That's the only way I do it and I found its the best way
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I make my pulled pork using the instant pot, but after I shred it I put it in my pellet grill and smoke it on low for about 2 hours. I also dryrub it for 24 hours before putting it into the instant pot.

Edit :dumb thumb
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I smoke the pork for a short while and then put it in the crock pot or instant pot.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the Stubbs kit for crock pot pulled pork all the time. Has the seasoning rub, cooking sauce, and finishing sauce (BBQ).  I think its really good. Super easy. Makes the house smell really good

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've cooked a few pork shoulders/pork butts in the instant pot. On the slow cook mode.

Weird thing, the pork often has a smell that reminds me of dog smell. Is that weird? I sometimes wonder if I'm cooking too long or something. I've used rubs and sauces, still it's really weird the smell I detect from the pork.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I just dump in some mojo & call it a day...
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've cooked a few pork shoulders/pork butts in the instant pot. On the slow cook mode.

Weird thing, the pork often has a smell that reminds me of dog smell. Is that weird? I sometimes wonder if I'm cooking too long or something. I've used rubs and sauces, still it's really weird the smell I detect from the pork.
View Quote

Think that's just a non grilled pork butt thing. I've had the same smell from crock potted pork butt
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Think that's just a non grilled pork butt thing. I've had the same smell from crock potted pork butt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read that it’s harmless bacteria that thrive on longer cooks when you don’t sear it first to kill it off. Not sure why it doesn’t happen with smoked pulled pork, maybe because of the smoke and bark that it gets, and that it’s not swimming in it’s own juices for the whole time.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
For those with smokers and Instant pot's here's a cheat I use a lot.

Day before: ad rub all around meat and into any flaps, wrap and put in fridge.

next day: set meat out and go set your smoker to 250 F.  When ready, add wood chips/pellets/etc. and put the meat in.
After 3-4 hours remove meat and put it in Instant pot with  a splash of water, onions and go high pressure for 1-2 hours.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Have a fondness for the stronger flavors, and use Dave's Devil Spit sauce  with pork loin in crock pot.  Buy some store bought cole slaw and slap on top of pulled pork and buns.   Simple, easy and real tasty with a kick.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I like doing the crock pulled pork with fresh pineapple and lemon slices on top, onions on the bottom.  .
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Have a fondness for the stronger flavors, and use Dave's Devil Spit sauce  with pork loin in crock pot.  Buy some store bought cole slaw and slap on top of pulled pork and buns.   Simple, easy and real tasty with a kick.
View Quote
I have 4 flavors of the Daves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top