User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carry a fancy pistol, duh.

A gold course is a waste of a perfectly good shooting range.
View Quote

Yea...well not so much.  Plenty of gun people enjoy golf!

Enjoy your basket weaving!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
never had a problem with my gun getting in the way of my swing!  unless your arms are somehow brushing your hips and or you're OTWB carrying, this shouldn't be a problem, in fact im kinda lost as to how this hampers your swing unless it's throwing your weight off but anythings possible!  i run a few different setups(9mfullsize,45fullsize,45compact) whilst on the course all with same brand of holster N8 pro. this thing is very very comfortable and does not move and handles the sweat during the hot days amazingly!  had a friend who used to run a shotty in his bag..for snakes, gators, skeeters, critters and such.  YMMV though
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Which golf course op?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
12 guage shotgun.
Of course our golf course has the random bear that you are supposed to let play thru even if you did get there first.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My CCW is a Sig 365 that I normally carry in a CrossBreed IWB kidney.  It interferes with my swing so I have started carrying it in my front pocket when I'm golfing. It's a bit weighty for a pocket gun but I am getting used to it. The course I play is an inner city municipal course in Houston so being unarmed is not an option.

What do you carry on the golf course?
View Quote
I don't play golf, but that might be an application for a Smartcarry holster.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Golf?

Golf bag?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:56:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You can stow a pretty hefty firearm in a golf bag...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Carrying off person is a good way to get killed.
View Quote

I don't understand this.  

On a golf course, there aren't a lot of hiding places for people to sneak up on you.  With even the slightest bit of barely-conscious situational awareness, you should see trouble coming a mile away.  Plus the golf cart is a great way to put an obstacle between you and any potential trouble.

For me, my regular carry piece, in its holster, round in the chamber, in one of the side pouches.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
You can stuff a bolt action/pump action rifle down your golf bag.

My brother's friend would stuff an airgun.  He'd hunt quali along the way and have dinner by the time he'd finished the game.  After being told that, I understand the passion for golf.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
never had a problem with my gun getting in the way of my swing!  unless your arms are somehow brushing your hips and or you're OTWB carrying, this shouldn't be a problem, in fact im kinda lost as to how this hampers your swing unless it's throwing your weight off but anythings possible!  i run a few different setups(9mfullsize,45fullsize,45compact) whilst on the course all with same brand of holster N8 pro. this thing is very very comfortable and does not move and handles the sweat during the hot days amazingly!  had a friend who used to run a shotty in his bag..for snakes, gators, skeeters, critters and such.  YMMV though
View Quote

I’m left handed and have an athletic build. No fat. I golf right handed so the holster is right over the tendon to my left hip. When I swing a club the holster presses down on that tendon. After a couple of dozen swings that tendon becomes very sore. I have been using this holster for several years and it has never caused any problems doing anything besides swinging a golf club.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't understand this.  

On a golf course, there aren't a lot of hiding places for people to sneak up on you.  With even the slightest bit of barely-conscious situational awareness, you should see trouble coming a mile away.  Plus the golf cart is a great way to put an obstacle between you and any potential trouble.

For me, my regular carry piece, in its holster, round in the chamber, in one of the side pouches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carrying off person is a good way to get killed.

I don't understand this.  

This golf course is in the inner city. Surrounded by a walking/jogging trail. On the west side is the municipal zoo and picnic area. Non golfers are frequently on the course. Walking dogs, feeding ducks, fishing, taking pictures etc. The Marshal does a decent job of managing the course but due to the hundreds of people using the area by the time he makes one round there are more non golfers on the course. Mostly foreign tourists.
There are lots of places on this golf course where you could get mugged.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Smith and Wesson 340pd. Very light and packs a punch.
View Quote

YUP
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Don't blame you a bit and hell, you may run into OJ Simpson. Isn't he still combing the golf courses for the killer?
View Quote

Funny enough I ran into him Wednesday at the golf course
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:44:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to carry my LCP, either in my pocket or thrown into the "glove box" in the cart. I would do the same today
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]
7 iron.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This golf course is in the inner city. Surrounded by a walking/jogging trail. On the west side is the municipal zoo and picnic area. Non golfers are frequently on the course. Walking dogs, feeding ducks, fishing, taking pictures etc. The Marshal does a decent job of managing the course but due to the hundreds of people using the area by the time he makes one round there are more non golfers on the course. Mostly foreign tourists.
There are lots of places on this golf course where you could get mugged.
View Quote

Then frankly, you need to find another golf course.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Smith & Wesson model 296 is great if you can snag one...  Lightweight titanium/scandium frame, 5 shot, hammerless, 44 special.  Recoil is snappy/stout/sharp, but when launching a 200 grain 44 bullet out of a 12-14 ounce pistol that is to be expected.  It is most certainly a "carry it a lot, rarely shoot it" kind of pistol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:06:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Where the hell do you guys play, Watts?  An assault wedge is more than enough on the course, it's the 19th hole where they had out CIB's.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
How about a J frame in the front pocket?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The only acceptable answer here is Browning 1919 in your golf bag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#22]
g43 goes in the front of the cart or in the bag pocket if Im walking.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:15:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Hide it under your hat.

Ankle carry might work unless you wear shorts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Where the hell do you guys play, Watts?  An assault wedge is more than enough on the course, it's the 19th hole where they had out CIB's.
View Quote

Houston inner city
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't play golf in the ghetto and you can leave the heat in your truck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Chuck Bronson and I usually golf with our buddy Wildey...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now, you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what the hell is a golf gun?" And to be honest, I don't know either. But it sure put a hole in Juan.
View Quote

Well, you got me. I read the whole damn thing. Did not see that coming. Lol
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#28]
I carry cold beer and fine cigars.

But I play on base.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fuck a pistol, you should be carrying a long gun in your bag.  You can't even come close to hitting a
3 iron so get rid of that and you can't hit a fairway wood so you can also dump that.  Don't even
think about leaving your sand wedge out...as much as you are in traps.
View Quote
The golf course not far down the road here opens up once a year for deer hunting with a rifle, and another week with a bow. Some really great deer come off it, and there are a 18 lanes to hunt on lol. Cemeteries not sure about.

My brother in law teed off and a squirrel ran across the fairway to its death. I guess you could always try to hit someone with a drive in the head.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#30]
While I carry just about everywhere the golf course is not a place where I've ever felt like I needed to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
While I carry just about everywhere the golf course is not a place where I've ever felt like I needed to.
View Quote
Obviously retired white guys that pull their own cart on a trailer to the course are the true threat to peace.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never carried on the courses I play.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I played golf once, I was carrying a ruger in 357.
It was a bit heavy around the 14th hole.

AZ back in the day
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There once was a school custodian named Juan. Juan loved his job, and he always went above and beyond to make sure his school was in perfect shape. Everybody, the students, the teachers, the parents, they all loved Juan. Well after a while, a few parents approached Juan and said to him, "Juan, nobody cares about this school like you do. You've put in more effort here than anybody, and it's easy to see the results of your work. Have you ever thought about running for school board, so you could have the same impact on the whole district?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan launched his campaign. It wasn't much of a contest. The whole community knew Juan, and he won his election in a landslide.

And Juan brought his same love and dedication to the school board, and he did a great job. It wasn't long before he started getting noticed around the state. And eventually, some political consultants approached Juan and said to him, "Juan, you've done a great job on the school board. It's easy to see your passion for helping people and making your community a better place. Have you ever thought about running for governor, so you could have the same impact on the whole state?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan started running for governor. His campaign took more time and effort than the school board race, because he had to sell himself to the whole state. But anybody who saw Juan speak immediately realized that he was the real deal, and Juan was able to win his campaign.

Again, Juan brought his same love and dedication to the state house, and he did a great job. Juan had record-high approval ratings, and everything in his state was going great. Eventually, some of his advisors approached Juan and said, "Juan, you're one of the best governors this state has ever seen! You've really got a knack for politics. Have you ever thought about running for President, so you could have the same impact on the whole country?" Juan thought about it for a minute, and he said to them, "I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. But if you think I could do a good job, if you really think I could make a difference, I'll do it." And with that, Juan set his sights on the Oval Office. Juan's campaign was a tough one, as most presidential races are. But the American people were sick of the division and the animosity in American politics, and Juan's campaign slogan--"I'm a simple man. I love my wife, I love my kids, and I love my dog. If you think I could do a good job as President, please vote for me"--really resonated with the voters, and Juan won the election.

After a few months in the Oval Office, though, it started to become clear that Juan was in over his head. Juan was a simple man, and the stress and complexities of running the country were too much for him. The country started to go off the rails--unemployment was high, and both the economy and his approval ratings were tanking. The stress was getting to Juan. He wasn't sleeping. He was worrying constantly, because while he wasn't well-suited for the job, he still wanted to do a good job. Juan was in an impossible situation.

One day, Juan's wife came in the Oval Office and complained that Juan wasn't spending enough time with her and the kids and the dog. This, on top of all the stress he was already facing, was enough to break Juan, and he snapped. He reached into the drawer of the Resolute Desk, pulled out a gun, and shot his wife dead. The kids heard the commotion and came to see what was going on, and Juan shot his kids dead. The dog came in the room, and Juan shot the dog. As Juan looked around and surveyed the scene, he had a moment of clarity. He said, "Oh no! What have I done?" Juan knew that the Secret Service would be there any second, and he knew he had to get out.

He ran out of the Oval Office, down the hall, and out the doors of the White House. He ran through the gate, and into the National Mall. Juan knew he was extremely recognizable, so he figured he had to hide somewhere where he wouldn't be seen. He ran through the Mall until he got to the Potomac, and he started running along the banks of the Potomac until he came across a bridge. Under the bridge, the was a homeless man. Juan approached the homeless man, and said, "Excuse me sir, I'm in a bit of trouble. Would you mind if I sleep here for a bit, until some of the heat dies down?" The homeless man looked at Juan and said, "wait a minute, you're Juan. I just saw on the news that you shot your wife, you shot your kids, and you shot your dog, you sick son of a bitch!" And with that, the homeless man reached into his bag, pulled out a golf gun, and shot Juan in the face.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what the hell is a golf gun?" And to be honest, I don't know either. But it sure put a hole in Juan.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
.38 wadcutters are excellent pitching wedges
View Quote

Bingo! Any moron can shoot a golf ball. It takes skill to shoot under it in the tall grass and pitch it onto the green.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I went golfing with my friend Juan.   He was messing with his CCW and it went off.  Not sure what gun it was, but it sure shot a hole in Juan.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#37]
642 or PPS in one of the pockets of my golf bag. In Arizona on a few early morning rounds, playing alone, have had it right in the cart...yotes and kitties.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Just get an earlier tee time. The hoodlums aren’t up yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:56:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Houston inner city
View Quote

Hermann Park? That’s hardly “inner city”. I’ve played there 30 or 40 times and never felt remotely threatened. My 18 year old UH student son will protect you if needed. He plays there by himself weekly.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:57:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

With an M2 mounted on the golf cart.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
G19 in my bag. Although it is big enough to hold an M249 and a set of clubs.
<Al Czervik
View Quote

Does it have it's own beer tap too???
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

As are cemeteries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Carry a fancy pistol, duh.

A gold course is a waste of a perfectly good shooting range.

As are cemeteries.

Agreed on both points.

To OPs question, LCP II is what i would suggest.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#43]
.357 LCR

It's about the only time I carry a revolver.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like your style.

Outside the reference, I think a 1918/BAR would also be acceptable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hermann Park? That’s hardly “inner city”. I’ve played there 30 or 40 times and never felt remotely threatened. My 18 year old UH student son will protect you if needed. He plays there by himself weekly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston inner city

Read any police offense report of a mugging. Probably 90% of the victims say the same thing you just wrote. The next time you go could be the time you get jacked.

Thanks for the offer of your college son’s protection, but I’m good. I can protect myself just fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Read any police offense report of a mugging. Probably 90% of the victims say the same thing you just wrote. The next time you go could be the time you get jacked.

Thanks for the offer of your college son’s protection, but I’m good. I can protect myself just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Houston inner city

Should invite Nathaniel_Hawkins for a round, sure to up your ghetto Houston game that way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top