Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2021 4:50:26 PM EDT
Since watches are coupled with valuables in the EE, I thought I'd try here - Mods my apologies if I've messed up and you need to remove this.  

So where would one safely sell gold, specifically gold coins?

Most of what I see online just feels sort of sketch.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
In the EE?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the EE?
View Quote

yeah, good call I should have mentioned.  I actually put them up for sale on the EE some time back (maybe a year?) and didn't even get an offer or question.  My price was just over at-the-time-spot and I set it that way based on similar sales I found (one of them was the exact same coins).

I've never bought or sold so I don't know what I don't know as they say.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only acquired, not sold but I have heard that selling back to the big online retailers is not that bad. Tell them what you got and they give you a price for it. When selling to a store I would tell them what you want for it instead of asking them what they would buy it for.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have only acquired, not sold but I have heard that selling back to the big online retailers is not that bad. Tell them what you got and they give you a price for it. When selling to a store I would tell them what you want for it instead of asking them what they would buy it for.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip, seems like prices are somewhat negotiable.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Just my opinion, but it would appear to me that commodities such as gold, silver, watches, guns, ammo, vehicles, land, etc. continue to increase in price as the US dollar decreases. I would personally recommend holding onto that gold for at least another year or two. I'd suspect it won't be long and you'll see it break past $2k/oz again. Just some advice from a guy that doesn't know jack.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just my opinion, but it would appear to me that commodities such as gold, silver, watches, guns, ammo, vehicles, land, etc. continue to increase in price as the US dollar decreases. I would personally recommend holding onto that gold for at least another year or two. I'd suspect it won't be long and you'll see it break past $2k/oz again. Just some advice from a guy that doesn't know jack.
View Quote

sorry I'm late to reply.  yeah, i hear that also.  I've been sitting on it for a long time and its not worth all that much (three ounces). I was thinking it'd be a decent way to fund an upgrade to my NODs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
It really depends on what it is. 1oz coins would probably sell ok on EE but smaller denominations would sell better. Also, figure out a solid way with taking payment that you feel 100% confident in. Once you do that, you can hit up places like reddit. Stay away from ebay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top