Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 8/15/2022 12:34:23 PM EDT
Used to have a problem reconciling a perfect and righteous God with eternal damnation. How could a perfect and loving God chose to punish someone with eternal torment.

Then I realized everyone including Lucifer chose their fate through their pride and rebellion against God.

I used to think annihilation of the soul was the end for a person that denies God/Christ. I guess that's what Seventh Day Adventists believe.

Been trying to figure out where my beliefs fall in the whole denominational Christianity world so I can maybe find a church to attend that is close to my beliefs. Bring on the Atheist hate lol
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Plenty of people who deserve never ending torment honestly.  There are some real pieces of shit out there,
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This will go well in GD.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:40:07 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not an accurate description, logically.  
Assuming the God of the Bible is real and described accurately, then He created everything, including hell and including us.  He also knows ahead of time what decisions people will make because He's all-knowing.  Therefore, He knew when He created us with free will that the vast majority of humans would disobey and rebel, that probably 80-90% of the humans who ever lived would wind up going to hell.  So, even though He didn't FORCE us to go to hell, He knew before creating us that by creating us, He was putting us in a position where most of us would be condemned to eternal torment.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
God doesn't send someone to eternal damnation/Hell, they do it themselves.  God provided basic rules to follow and the person going to Hell decided themselves to break them

I am not Judging people on what will happen to them, not my call.  There is redemption and accepting God into your life and making changes.  Maybe that is enough, maybe it isn't.  Jesus didn't hang out with the best crowd and some were blessed with eternal life.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Assuming the God of the Bible is real and described accurately, then He created everything, including hell and including us.  He also knows ahead of time what decisions people will make because He's all-knowing.  Therefore, He knew when He created us with free will that the vast majority of humans would disobey and rebel, that probably 80-90% of the humans who ever lived would wind up going to hell.  So, even though He didn't FORCE us to go to hell, He knew before creating us that by creating us, He was putting us in a position where most of us would be condemned to eternal torment.
View Quote

Yes, I think you are right. I think God is non-linear. When he created everything he instantly saw the end of everything at the same time kinda like he exists in a higher dimensional plane. This is also why I think the burning bush was some kind of interdimensional rip and Christ was a way for God to experience being Human and experience Death. Like you said he knew as soon as he created man he knew many would die and be damned so God who can not die had to balance the scale and experience death so he became human.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I have asked for forgiveness for my sins.

I don't believe that those things are compulsory to be saved. I just believe that they're a sure way to salvation.
I have lived a more sinful life than many atheists, I am sure. I'm not of the belief I am ahead of them in line.
Not even for giving thanks and praise. I consider those things a privilege, as they lift ME up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Revelation 20:10 says the devil will be cast into the lake of fire.

The devil and all the wicked angels that followed him are spirits.  Burning something is a physical phenomenon that does not affect spirits.  

Revelation 20:14 says that death and hell will be thrown into the lake of fire.  

Once again, how can you burn death and hell?

Revelation 21:4 says death will be no more

When you burn something physical, it’s gone and can’t come back.  

That is what the Bible is saying about wicked people, wicked angels, and even death itself.  

They will be removed and will never return.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
You've got some reading to do.

https://rethinkinghell.com/

The bible doesn't teach eternal conscious torment.
That is a later idea.
The bible teaches that the wages of sin is death.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]

That is a later idea.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This will go well in GD.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Some pretty good messages here, surprisingly. Yes, going to hell is a choice. It's not punishment for your actions. Hell is simply eternal separation from God. But that means you are eternally separated from God's will, which is love. All of the suffering on Earth happens when things don't go according to God's will. So hell really is suffering for eternity.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Sentenced Young Boys to the Gas Chamber, I Owed it to Them
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:02:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I have asked for forgiveness for my sins.

I don't believe that those things are compulsory to be saved.
View Quote

If you believe that Jesus is your Lord, why do you not believe the things He tells you, such as him being the only way to be saved?

@Enzo300
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:04:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is a later idea.
View Quote

The second death via God's righteous judgment is the one which warrants the eternal fire in torment and in hell. Where the fire is not quenched, and where the worm is not consumed so that it may bore and eat over and over again without ceasing. You attempt to teach incorrectly. You are out of order and you know it. Don't attempt to be something that is troublesome especially to yourself. You do yourself no good deed or favor latter on. Truth comes by the Spirit of God and nowhere else. Maybe you should start looking more over in that particular direction for spiritual guidance than what you are doing now. It might do you some good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#16]
All these strange interpretations of shit they say he said. Fascinating.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kind of a raw deal really
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#18]
What's the name of the show you guys are talking about, and is it on Amazon or Netflix? Sounds like pretty good fiction.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
So with your logic:  If I point a gun at your head and tell you to give me your money and your house and your wife, and you don't follow my orders and I shoot you, that the shooting is in fact YOUR fault because you didn't follow my orders?   Sighhhhhhh.  You religious people can be just as loony as Liberals, at least your irrationality ends up in the right place most of the time.  Mostly....

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The second death via God's righteous judgment is the one whick warrants the eternal fire in torment and in hell. Where the fire is not quenched, and where the worm is not consumed so that it may bore and eat over and over again. You attempt to teach incorrectly. You are out of order and you know it. Don't attempt to be something that is troublesome especially to yourself. You do yourself no good deed or favor latter on. Truth comes by the Spirit of God and nowhere else. Maybe you should start looking more over there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a later idea.

The second death via God's righteous judgment is the one whick warrants the eternal fire in torment and in hell. Where the fire is not quenched, and where the worm is not consumed so that it may bore and eat over and over again. You attempt to teach incorrectly. You are out of order and you know it. Don't attempt to be something that is troublesome especially to yourself. You do yourself no good deed or favor latter on. Truth comes by the Spirit of God and nowhere else. Maybe you should start looking more over there.

You are incorrect. The fire and worms that you wrote about from matt. Come directly from Isaiah 66. It explicitly says that those are in the pile of corpses.

Dont condem me for actually believing what was written.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Used to have a problem reconciling a perfect and righteous God with eternal damnation. How could a perfect and loving God chose to punish someone with eternal torment.

Then I realized everyone including Lucifer chose their fate through their pride and rebellion against God.

I used to think annihilation of the soul was the end for a person that denies God/Christ. I guess that's what Seventh Day Adventists believe.

Been trying to figure out where my beliefs fall in the whole denominational Christianity world so I can maybe find a church to attend that is close to my beliefs. Bring on the Atheist hate lol
View Quote

You're starting with a false premise.

Don't search for something that lines up with your beliefs. Search for the Truth, especially if it contradicts your beliefs. Some of your current beliefs may be contrary to God's will and revelation. Seek truth, and adjust yourself to it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Good on you for seeking a closer relationship with the Almighty.

Start reading the Word.  Start in Matthew, read all four gospels, (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) then read Acts.  Try to really pay attention and read the whole New Testament.

Those will teach / inform your beliefs.

Then find a congregation that follows the Bible, if they say stuff that ain’t in there, you don’t wanna attend there.

Also:
Phil Robertson: What Really Happens When You Die

May God bless you!
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:25:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You are incorrect. The fire and worms that you wrote about from matt. Come directly from Isaiah 66. It explicitly says that those are in the pile of corpses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a later idea.

Who says that's what it means? What does Jesus Christ have to say about hell?
Thanks.

"In a place where the fire never dies"

What about to the "rich man" calling out from across the gulf to Lazarus crying out in eternal torment and pain?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#24]
If Everything is Determined How Can We Have Free Will?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Free will.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Free will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free will.

"Son would you rather stay up here where it's safe or would you rather have a game of baseball with the other kids playing out in the middle of the busy street?"

"I want to go play in the middle of the street Daddy!"

Don't be mad at God because you just went out and got hit by a truck.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
If that's the case, then why would He set the bar so high for entrance into His kingdom that almost no one ever makes it?  I refuse to believe that He would create a world to feed a realm of eternal torment, because to do so would stretch the idea of a loving God to the point of breaking.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I think Hell is distance from God and Heaven is closeness to God.  

I think Lake of fire and about 87% of the stuff preachers teach people is made up to control you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Judas Priest- The Sentinel with lyrics
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Hell is nothing more than being separated from a loving God.  We either choose to be with God or separate ourselves from him.  It is always our choice.  It is the one thing we can give to him.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Free will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Free will.

Yeah, I addressed that.  Read it again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If that's the case, then why would He set the bar so high for entrance into His kingdom that almost no one ever makes it?  I refuse to believe that He would create a world to feed a realm of eternal torment, because to do so would stretch the idea of a loving God to the point of breaking.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody made it except Christ. He had no sin nature like the rest of us do. It is for this reason we who are called by His Name are not within ourselves as sinners any longer even though we continue to sin. We now are already eternally "In Him" or  covered by the shedding of blood which was shed for our very eternal lives and now reconciled back to God through Him. So, when God looks at us He sees Jesus, and not the condemned as we all are through the very first sin that we committed! He sees Jesus, and we walk away pardoned and now truly free and now know the difference as well. God remembers our sin no more. You wanted free will? And so you have it now. A death sentence at ever turn. God understands this and has made provision to help get us out. He has done His part, and now your part is only for the asking for that help and you should. Don't be forced down on your knees before Him in the end. Without Christ, it is always the same. Without Christ, God, Satan, and man have been in a state of war for quite some time now. Problem for man and Satan as well is that God never created anything that could overcome Him. Just keep watching and you'll see. My side of the fence suits me just fine and honestly I know I don't deserve to be here, but here I am all the same. Maybe you should be too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#33]
This will be a tough thread.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think Hell is distance from God and Heaven is closeness to God.  

I think Lake of fire and about 87% of the stuff preachers teach people is made up to control you.
View Quote

Most of what people believe about hell comes from Milton and Dante, not the bible. Same with YEC, which was written by Usher.

Paradise Lost | The Story of Lucifer You Were Never Told

Dante's Inferno - A Summary of the Divine Comedy Pt. 1
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Very cute

You still believe in make believe things

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought St. Peter did all the dirty work at the pearly gates.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#38]
My question is why didn't God or anyone else know about hell in the old testament?  Or heaven as we know it for that matter.
They had Sheol where everyone went.  Weird how that changes over time, isn't it?
God himself didn't even know about the trinity in the Old Testament and refers to himself as a single God figure many times.

But ignore that and the hundreds of other inconsistencies and try to explain why an all-powerful being is good in spite of all of the evidence of being bad.

If the Bible is true, God himself killed far more babies and children than any single person in history.  Did the infants that were drowned in the flood all go to Hell?

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Only a cruel and terrible being would make so many things our nature then punish us for doing them because dear leader said no.

If we are created in God's image I surely hope that's not true because heaven is probably the north korea of realms.  If God is a compassionate being it wouldn't give a fuck what you believe and simply weight you're virtue and whether or not you were generally a good person to decide your fate.

If the books many of you believe are true have fun up their with kim jung Jesus I'll be in another realm having cocaine orgies with Lucifer and other fun loving souls
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This will go well in GD.
View Quote

In on pg. 1.

What about the Lake of Fire?

I'm only asking about it, because I read about it in a free booklet that came in the bottom of my Sportsmans Warehouse bag last week.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This will go well in GD.
View Quote

There's a lot of people on this site who seem to be sustained by the knowledge that certain people are going to be burning in a lake of fire or whatever as punishment for the lives they have lived.

It's all in gods hands...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
God doesn't send someone to eternal damnation/Hell, they do it themselves.  God provided basic rules to follow and the person going to Hell decided themselves to break them

I am not Judging people on what will happen to them, not my call.  There is redemption and accepting God into your life and making changes.  Maybe that is enough, maybe it isn't.  Jesus didn't hang out with the best crowd and some were blessed with eternal life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Religious version of "She was asking for it".
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That is a later idea.
View Quote

The wages where I work are worse...
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
My question is why didn't God or anyone else know about hell in the old testament?  Or heaven as we know it for that matter.
They had Sheol where everyone went.  Weird how that changes over time, isn't it?

But ignore that and the hundreds of other inconsistencies.

View Quote

Duat, Gehanna, Sheol, Hades, etc. All just Hell now, I guess.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
God has never condemned anyone to Hell
View Quote

Pretty much. It's the person who walks away.

"Hey, got this awesome house for you. You're family and i love you."
"You're not my father! (luke skywalker voiceover) and i don't believe in your house!"
"Um, okay. It's cold out there. I'm here if--"
"You're not the boss of me!"

Pretty much how it goes. Peeps don't realize free will is what it is.
It's the greatest gift given to us.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Very cute

You still believe in make believe things

View Quote

What a low quality post.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#48]
All the people that the right impotently shakes their fist at and says "Well, God's gonna make them pay..."

Yeah, those people are laughing at you.   No one is going to make them pay for shit unless its you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I don’t know how it all works but the Jews do not have the binary concept of eternal heaven or hell (or even just heaven
And hell) those are, among others, Greek ideas, not Jewish ones.

Which is the primary problem traditional Judaism has with that. Christianity answers a question (solves a problem) the Jews never had, while claiming to be the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy.  (Believe and go to heaven, don’t and go to hell…not a problem the Jews needed a solution for)

To someone well versed in traditional Judaism, the gospels are a Greek story told in a quasi Jewish setting.

I understand there is a lot of apologetics as to why this is, which most of ithem center around “the Jews are just wrong and don’t understand their scriptures/or G-d has hidden the truth from them/ their Rabbis corrupted the truth…
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"You're not my father! (luke skywalker voiceover) and i don't believe in your house!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God has never condemned anyone to Hell

Besides the gift of redemption in Christ and through Christ, this cannot be stressed too much.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top