Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2022 1:07:27 AM EDT
Life is truly awesome!  That is all, if you enjoy life let everyone know!

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You are correct my friend. Life is great.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#2]
The Smashing Pumpkins - Thirty-Three (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
What am I doing here?

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Major clinical depression has kept me from enjoying life these past twenty-odd years, but I do have a purpose. And sometimes that's every bit as good.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Major clinical depression has kept me from enjoying life these past twenty-odd years, but I do have a purpose. And sometimes that's every bit as good.
View Quote

Damn straight!  Life my friend is worth living to the fullest.  I’ve had my share of valleys.  Extreme valleys!  But through and through life is worth it.  Focus on self improvement.  Learn something you’ve always wanted.  Screw what people think of you.  Live your life freely!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Losing my parents really messed me up.

I am trying to get to where I was.  

I want the best for all of us.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Lost my dad while I was in college.  He was 51.  Got a call from some doctor saying my dad was dead, and I had to inform my family.  He died while at work.  I worked part time where he did while in college.  I’m truly thankful he got to see his work ethics instilled in me.  Greatest time of my life, working with the old man!

Life goes on brother!  Seriously, take dance lessons, or whatever you want to learn.  Do it!  Just do it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:36:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Greatest Cover Song Ever!!!!

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence Extended
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:39:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The Animal Jack Band - I can't strip my Lambretta down in the kitchen ska blues
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:46:25 AM EDT
[#10]
No woman no cry
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (Audio)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:51:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I heard this and it made me happy

Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer (Audio)

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I dropped my family off at the airport.  I turned on the radio a few miles away, this came on

It messed me up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:59:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Whatever. I no longer fear death. I'm not looking for it, don't have to, it's inevitable.

But my best years are behind me. I love my dogs though so there's that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Life kinda blows but it's much better than the alternative.

The Dead Know Only One Thing (Full Metal Jacket)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#16]
It beats the alternative.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whatever. I no longer fear death. I'm not looking for it, don't have to, it's inevitable.

But my best years are behind me. I love my dogs though so there's that.
View Quote
I have my wife, our girls, and the doggies.

I am old and broken. I want them to be taken care of.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Enjoy the simplicity of life!  We often think too deep into it.  It is simple, and choose some aspect to enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Life is a miracle. Treasure every day. Thank God!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Life is a miracle. Treasure every day. Thank God!
View Quote
Mindset. We need to focus.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:09:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Sermon

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:19:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:08:46 AM EDT
[#23]
REO Speedwagon- Keep Pushin' (Studio Version)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:23:26 AM EDT
[#24]
It took me a long time to realize how good i have it and how God has blessed me. I remember these words from Christ "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life." It took me a long time to understand those words.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can sympathize with this. It was really crushing me for a good long while there.  One day I woke up and realized that I spent every day feeling like nothing matteted. Then I realized that, if none of it fucking matters then I'm wasting time and energy worrying about it

Waking up every day isn't guaranteed, but if you're upright and breathing in the morning, everything else is just window dressing. You can change window dressing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:42:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Music and podcasts are a big part of my life and help me keep things in perspective

Stationed in Germany the trance and house scene was pretty epic and I still listen to this day. I can put on some tunes and cruise roads.

If you have a shit day go re-listen to some Jocko podcast with guys like JSM and you get tuned up mentally pretty quick.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
From someone who died and was resuscitated a few months ago... don't take it for granted.  Every minute is precious.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Losing my parents really messed me up.

I am trying to get to where I was.  

I want the best for all of us.
View Quote

Lost my dad there years ago and my mom this past January. Kind of lost my health five years ago, thought I'm managing that.

I'm trying to continue on. I don't have a wife or children to help me through things. I do have a long time girlfriend that is supportive.

Some days are better than others. I can't say that I really have a purpose. Though I guess I've always felt that way.

Before things turned to shit five years ago I had a long run of good times. Maybe ten or fifteen years of living the dream. But I knew back then that it wouldn't last and at some point I would be paying for it. That time is now

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#30]
As opposed to what alternative?    
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:27:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You are correct my friend. Life is great.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
From someone who died and was resuscitated a few months ago... don't take it for granted.  Every minute is precious.
View Quote

I will not take today for granted!  I will try my best to live this day to its fullest!

Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger (Official HD Video)

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Lost my dad while I was in college.  He was 51.  Got a call from some doctor saying my dad was dead, and I had to inform my family.  He died while at work.  I worked part time where he did while in college.  I’m truly thankful he got to see his work ethics instilled in me.  Greatest time of my life, working with the old man!

Life goes on brother!  Seriously, take dance lessons, or whatever you want to learn.  Do it!  Just do it!
View Quote

I'm with you, in HS my dad got me a internship at his division.
Risky, real risky for him to invite a semi retarded loose cannon into his area of responsibility.
It was 50/50 professional suicide for him, thankfully he rolled the dice.
Those few years were some of if not the most insightful experiences of my life.
He loved what he did and wanted to share that with me.
RIP, Boats, love you.

Fun, from the same time frame.
Lyrics: Foreigner / Rev On The Red Line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top