Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2018 12:04:54 AM EDT
Girlfriend bought me a bottle of this today. Always liked the Glenlivet 12, for $30 it was hard to beat.

This is three times that much so what should I expect? I won’t be opening it until Friday at one of my best friend’s birthday celebration.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Girlfriend bought me a bottle of this today. Always liked the Glenlivet 12, for $30 it was hard to beat.

This is three times that much so what should I expect? I won’t be opening it until Friday at one of my best friend’s birthday celebration.
View Quote
Not a fan of Scotch. For smoky flavor I like Balcones Brimstone. Taste like a camp fire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Very smooth. 1 ice cube to release aromatics.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very smooth. 1 ice cube to release aromatics.
View Quote
Ditto, although I prefer a splash of cold water to do the same. Glenmorangies really benefit from a small amount of water or ice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Others above had noted they like it. This site Distillers gives it a 93/100 and it scores 4.2/5 rating from people that have tried it.

Waiting for after action report
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Love me some 18 Glenmorangie, along with 18 Macallan. Had some Glenmorangie Signet about a month ago, good but the 18 is right up there with it IMHO
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I apologize for never bringing an AAR to the group.

My buddy and I popped it open after having some brisket I smoked for his birthday. It was a great night with friends on the gravel bar of his crystal clear fresh water creek. Anyway, on to the Star of the show, the scotch.

This was my first scotch of any age older than 12 years. Previously it was always a 12 year Glenlivet or other Speyside(but always 12 year). Popped it open and added a bit of ice and I always add a bit of water, that’s just how I like it. It was already chilled as well.

First impression was wow. I’m not one with a great vocabulary of tasting notes and terms. I’ll just say the flavor was complex but pleasant. Had a bit more smoke and earthy flavor than a Speyside in my opinion but I believe that’s common for a Highland.  We both had two and put it away for later.

I still have a bit left. I’m so stingy with expensive things that I really have to be in the mood to drink it before I’ll allow myself to have some.

All in all I’d give this extremely high marks. I’m still a fan of the milder Speysides and can not wait to try an 18 year Glenlivet when I finally get the motivation to drop another $100 on a bottle.

I’d say if you get a chance to pick up a bottle or the Glenmorangie 18 extreme rare, do it, you won’t be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 2:00:04 AM EDT
[#7]
It’s one of my favs, and I have quite a few bottles of whisky.  No need for water or ice at its abv.

Reminds me of peaches and apricots.  Lots of fruit flavors, nice and light and very drinkable.  I pop one open almost daily just for the smell .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top