Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Ghost experiences. (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:12:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#1]
I posted a video here earlier that was recent but I didn't know of anything was going on till I checked the recording. Thats the most recent thing I had run into....

But the most memorable story is from over 10 years ago. I was at my grandmothers house visiting when she was in her late 90's, only her and I were there. The house was very old, the original section of the house was built prior to the 1840's. I was staying upstairs when I heard what sounded like footsteps downstairs. My grandfather used to pace, so much so that the tile in the kitchen was worn down. He had passed away a decade prior to this night. I initially thought maybe the dryer was running, but my grandmother could barely crawl around on a walker at this point and it was past midnight. She definitely wasn't doing laundry. I ignored it, and tried to go back to sleep. A little later I awoke and was half-asleep still, I saw a young girl at the edge of the stairs. She quickly backed into the darkness. By this point I was somewhat freaked out. I went downstairs and sat on the couch. I called my sister to tell her about what I had heard and saw. She told me something that I was unaware of, I had an aunt that had died in that house when she was only 5 years old, of an infection. She said sometimes when she spends the night she would hear grandma speaking in her sleep, seemingly talking to a little girl.

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:33:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Rick_A] [#2]
The house I grew up in...we had issues. My sister would sleepwalk...walk to the edge of the stairs...stop...then turn around. She got choked in the mornings at times by an unseen force. I was attacked in my dreams in various ways...awoke to real pain. Electrocuted, stung by bees everywhere at once, etc. One day something shook a door violently in my bedroom. Thinking it may be a pet or sibling I closed the door behind me as I ran out. Once I had the courage to go back in...there was nothing there. One day there was a lighted circle over my bed on the wall at night. It was self luminous...putting my hand over it produced no shadow. I checked the room for light sources. I awoke with an energy...like something was going on...before I even saw it. In one dream I got chased by three distinct spirits through my dad's empty high rise office building. I ended up jumping off the roof and woke while falling.

ETA...I would also end up pushed out of the top bunk at night. Ended up hospitalized one night. It got to where I would catch myself by putting my arm through the ladder before taking flight. What an ordeal that was.

In my first apartment with my then wife...we had a lot of stress. I yelled a lot. On one particularly bad day, I woke to an energy and blue glow filling the room. I looked towards the wife's part of the bed and there was a small child sitting at her feet...maybe three or four years old by size. It turned its head towards me...had an animalistic look...snarling...a curled tail...black eyes...sharp teeth more like that of a canine than anything else. It turned and stared back at me...with a look like an angry protective dog. We stared at eachother for some time...I was just trying to make sense of what I was seeing...in a calm disbelief. A lighter circle appeared on the wall across the room. A beautiful young woman in a vintage style night gown appeared. I would have guessed 60's or 70's. She didn't acknowledge me at all. She grabbed this creatures hand lovingly...like a mother...and they disappeared the way she came. The light went dim. The room went pitch black. I went back to sleep. It took me days, maybe weeks to talk about it. I didn't want to say anything while the event was fresh. It was a sobering experience.

Out in the desert at 29 Palms, I was feeding some kangaroo rats sunflower seeds while on watch at night keeping people out of an impact area. The largest one bit me hard, deep into my finger. In response, I killed it in anger. Not long after a figure appeared above me. A large head. It looked like an American Indian. Young. Ancient. Pissed off. Glaring down. I chalked it up to a lack of sleep, perhaps, but when I adjourned to our tent later, it went from a perfectly still night...I mean not even a breeze...to gail force winds that nearly took the tent down. As soon as I stepped back out of the tent again exactly four hours later, the wind immediately stopped and things went back to normal. It would've been one hell of a coincidence. I told my watch partner about it, and he freaked out...wanted to be out of there immediately.

At the latest job there's said to be a ghost upstairs. Heard stories. Didn't really believe it. One kid that hadn't worked there for some time due to medical problems came back. So did the activity. It would sound like someone moving furniture upstairs...sometimes like heavy furniture being shoved into a wall or pushed over. We'd go up to investigate. Nothing. At some point something ended up at our house. There would be footsteps back and forth across the ceiling. Heavy. Like a grown man. One day one of the girlfriends kids was visibly shaken. He said voices in the wall told him to come with them or he would die. I'd had enough. The footsteps were hard. I just looked up towards the footsteps above me and yelled for them to fuck off. The activity ended. The girlfriend one night had seen a shadow looking at her from the corner of the ceiling. I never saw anything...just the footsteps.

At the girlfriend's work someone had hung himself from the ceiling. One day while there alone with her, we heard what sounded like an electrical cord loop lightly tapping a wall. After that, at our residence we started hearing the same noise on an outside wall. Sometimes the entire wall shakes as if struck by something heavy. I don't pay it much attention.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
July 1993
Approximately 1230am
Austintown, OH
Graveyard off Wilcox Road near what is now Callaway Circle.

It's hot as balls and I'm driving down Fairview to turn North onto Wilcox.  Windows down.  Wilcox has a couple of bends and a dip before the graveyard.  I'm going like 25mph.  All of the sudden it gets soo freezing cold, I have to turn the heat on like RFN.  I look left into the graveyard and there's a glowing woman in a full bonnet wearing a hoop skirt dress sitting on a gravestone.  I turn my head back to the road, mind goes 'WTF was that?!?'.  I look back and she's gone.....and it was back to being hot as balls outside.

Definitely a weird moment.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Houseofmoto:
July 1993
Approximately 1230am
Austintown, OH

It's hot as balls and I'm driving down Fairview to turn North onto Wilcox.  Windows down.  Wilcox has a couple of bends and a dip before the graveyard.  I'm going like 25mph.  All of the sudden it gets soo freezing cold, I have to turn the heat on like RFN.  I look left into the graveyard and there's a glowing woman in a full bonnet wearing a hoop skirt dress sitting on a gravestone.  I turn my head back to the road, mind goes 'WTF was that?!?'.  I look back and she's gone.....and it was back to being hot as balls outside.

View Quote

I had a similar thing happen in my house. The computer is in lower level of a split level.  There is a door just to the right of the computer.   I was sitting there and in the door appeared a woman dressed in turn of the century clothes.  Hair pinned up, dress with the puffy shoulders and the old tall button up shoes.  She was pure white. She was there for a second disappeared then appeared again a few seconds later. No sound or anything.  Just stood there.  There are still some older houses not to far from us.  I should look up a survey and see if there were any homes where my house stands now
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

I had a similar thing happen in my house. The computer is in lower level of a split level.  There is a door just to the right of the computer.   I was sitting there and in the door appeared a woman dressed in turn of the century clothes.  Hair pinned up, dress with the puffy shoulders and the old tall button up shoes.  She was pure white. She was there for a second disappeared then appeared again a few seconds later. No sound or anything.  Just stood there.  There are still some older houses not to far from us.  I should look up a survey and see if there were any homes where my house stands now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:
Originally Posted By Houseofmoto:
July 1993
Approximately 1230am
Austintown, OH

At least our ghosts always look classy. Imagine in another century when the ghosts will have purple hair, multiple piercing and tattoos, logo ballcaps, torn/stained sweat pants, and concert/meme t-shirts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
on the outskirts of Montreal island on Gouin blvd. there used to be (or maybe still there--the place is all fenced off--we're talking acres of prime land on the water)
a huge mansion with servant quarters/garage.the mansion was partially burned down with a flooded basement and dangerous floors.
Many wierd occurances have happened there.i have been witness to several.

One that sticks out--i was in my 20's around the late 80's and a group of us were hanging out at night.My friend had my flashlight so i asked for it back.
he said if i looked up at the partially burned out attic i would get my flaashlight back.
What I,my brother and the friend saw was a transparent woman in a wedding veil floating in one of the attic windows kind of waving at us with both hands.
I looked away,closed my eyes and looked back and the image was gone.
We all saw it at the same time.Both me and my friends have all seen things there over the course of many years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
....and what were they saying?
View Quote

Sorry for the long delay. I forgot about this thread.

I heard no words, it was the way they interacted.with each other in their apparent conversation. They would make comments but their heads seemed to have me as the focus. I was the direction of attention. I did not pick up on that right away but at a point it was obvious they knew I was there and that I was the subject. Especially at the point where it seemed they paused from their conversations seemed like both looked directly at me at the same time. Thats when I bailed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
So I kinda forgot about fallowing up with additional posts here

I previously mentioned that my experiences took place in 4 categories and I haven't shared about my aunt and uncles house or my mother in laws.

A bit of backstory
My aunt(mothers sister) and uncle bought their house in the 80s at some point. It is about 2.5 hours away in Somerset county. I was born in 90 and my mother would visit before her and my dad even met. She would visit often. From then until me and my sister were around 13 or 14 we would visit several times a year. Sometimes for a few days or a few weeks. We spent alot of time there growing up. My grandparents would also be there alot of the time.

When my aunt and uncle first moved in they had alot of trouble with noises and things moving or shaking. My aunt believes in things because they happen but doesnt like to talk about it because of my uncles views and opinions. My uncle is the type of person who will not talk about it. He knows things happen and he cant explain it so he ignores and pretends it doesnt happen 99.9% of the time. At one point he carried the bed frame, mattress, and box spring out into the yard in the middle of the night and burned them hoping that would put an end to the bed shaking him awake.

The story goes there was an old man that lived there before them and he died in the basement while tending to the coal stove. One of those old school stoves that blows the heat up through vents in the floor. You have to shake the grates and that rattles all through the house through the vents.

We have heard that sound many times when nobody is down there.

The stories basically go back 30+ years. My mother and grandparents had trouble with us being woken up from napping upstairs as babies. Dead asleep and we would wake up screaming. My mother or grandmother eventually told whatever was there to leave the babies alone they have to sleep. It never happend again. My grandmother told a story about being woken up by a hand caressing hers that was over the edge of the bed. Most of us woke up to a figure at the foot of the bed watching us in that same room.

Personally I've had many experiences. Me and my sister would share a bed whole visiting when we were little. She would be dead asleep and the bed would shake or rattle. I know it wasnt her. I would get elbowed or nudged as if she was trying to wake me up I would turn and she would be asleep facing the other way.

The common thing that everyone heard was footsteps up and down the staircase after dark. The house is old and the stairs are noisy. It sounded like someone walking up slowing passing by the room door or walking down then going through the kitchen.

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The one that sticks in my mind the most was when I was there without my sister so it was just me in the room. I heard the steps creaking upwards then my room door slowly opened. I didnt see anything but the corner of the bed sunk down as if someone was sitting down slowly. I was sitting up and watching but nothing happened after that so I layed down and went back to sleep. That is how comfortable I was with things like that happening there. It was all the time.

She has always had dogs. Sometimes they would just be hanging out in the kitchen and instantly be alert and barking like crazy at a corner of the ceiling like there was something there. Full size yellow lab with his hair stood up like he was facing the threat of his life. And we couldnt see a thing.

We would hear footsteps upstairs when no one was up there and same when we were upstairs we would hear them downstairs.

I have always had the same feeling in that house. Not really uncomfortable just like I wasnt alone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:11:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jkirkon] [#10]
I’ve never been a ‘believer’ in ghosts. Ever.
A few years ago, that all changed for me.

We have had several experiences in this house over the years that made us rethink our beliefs.

My wife and I don’t have kids, and it’s just the two of us living in our 1950 built house. We are the third owner. The original owners were a couple named Al and Theo. Both of them have passed long ago, not sure if either one passed in the house. I do know from the neighbors that have lived here a long time, that they took great pride in this house.

The first experience was mine. I was sitting in the living room watching TV one evening, and my wife was in the master bathroom blow drying her hair.

I saw a woman peer out from around the basement door, and look directly at me. It was an older woman, with dark hair. She looked at me for what must have been 3-4 seconds. Then she was gone. Vanished.
It startled me, because I could hear the Doppler of my wife waving the hair dryer around..and there’s no way it could be her. Besides, my wife is blonde.

I literally jumped out of my chair, grabbed my pistol, and cleared the whole house. My wife was totally unaware, as she was still occupied doing her hair.

Really freaked me out.

Christmas time, later that year, we were getting ready to go out somewhere. We both got dressed in the master bedroom. I finished first (cause she takes forever to get dressed), and walked into the living room.
I saw the old woman again...looking at our Christmas tree. She turned and looked at me, and again, vanished..this made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

It was months later, I was talking with one of my neighbors. I told him the stories of what I experienced, and before I could finish, he blurted out ‘that’s Theo!’
He described her to me (and a few days later, showed me an old picture of her)....that was the lady I saw. Both times.

My wife was in her office upstairs, and heard someone waking up the stairs. She turned around and Theo was standing in the doorway to her office at the top of the stairs. And vanished.

We have had several other ‘odd occurrences’ here.
One I can think of in particular involves a vase that keeps moving around.
My wife has an antique ceramic vase, that probably weighs 3-4 lbs. She used to put it on top of our dresser in the bedroom.
It moves. Not a small amount, but like a foot. She can put it in the middle of the dresser, and an hour later, it’s moved toward the corner. Always to the same place.
We had a theory that vibration from passing vehicles, or something was causing it to slide across the top of the dresser.
Once, we let dusting the top of that dresser go for a couple of weeks as an experiment. You could see by the thin layer of dust on the dresser that it was not slid across the top. It was picked up and moved.
Once we replaced that vase with something else, the new item never moved. It’s as if Theo either didn’t like the placement of that particular vase, or just hated it (I don’t blame her, the damn thing is ugly).

We have had many other occurrences of things moving around here. Too many to list here, but it happens all the time.
We’ve grown pretty used to it, nothing benevolent has ever happened, so we kind of laugh it off as Theo not liking something we did to ‘her’ house.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 1:42:28 PM EDT
[#11]
@jkirkon
Theo may be wondering what you are doing in "her" house.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
So I wrote about this experience in the big creepy thread.  Down in Colorado Springs, we have a spot called Gold Camp Road.  This will come back into play.  This story in particular happened in 2008.

I originally joined the Army to get out of Colorado only to be stationed about 45 minutes away from home.  I quickly made friends in the barracks and one guy in particular named Don.  Don had a tragic childhood with his dad committing suicide which left his mom to care for him and his sister back in PA.  His mom eventually passed away leaving Don and his sister to care for themselves.  Don moved in with a girlfriend and her family in his late teens into a 1700s farmhouse which was built pretty close to a hillside.  It has been a few years since I've spoken with Don and I only heard this story once so bear with me.  

One night, Don had a dream of a black figure.  The figure lead Don out of bed and into the basement which I'm assuming was the old root cellar at some point.  Once in the basement, he was led to one room in particular which had a hidden door.  As the figure started opening the door, Don felt cold, dread, and sick to his stomach.  Don awoke covered in a cold sweat and the room was freezing.  

The following morning, everyone in the girlfriends family was downstairs in the kitchen just looking a little off.  Don mentioned he had a weird dream and had a terrible nights sleep.  Someone from the family mentioned they experienced the same thing, and talked about their dream which was the same one Don and everyone else had.  So off they all went to the basement looking for this secret door, and they found it behind some wallpaper.  As they opened the door, the same feeling of dread overcame them.  

From that point on, Don saw the black figure while lucid and awake and would see it in corners of the basement.  He began referring to it as "The Hawk."

Don was 16-17 at this time, and tragically lost friends to suicide or weird accidents after they also saw the hawk.  What better thing to do than for Don to join the Army right?  Don was my neighbor in the barracks.  Several times I would wake up to the sound of dishes crashing to the floor and I would burst out of my room like   only to see my dishes were fine.  I'd hear Don's roommate screaming "What the fucking fuck dude", and so I popped over to make sure they were alright.  As I opened the door, there's dishes everywhere, and me and Don's roomie bang on Don's door.  

Don comes out of his room and says, "oh fuck... he's back."
This happened another 3-4 times, and Don's roomie ejected to another buddies house so he wouldn't have to deal with it.  

One July Friday night I decided to stay down at Ft. Carson and hang out with Don and our friend Jerry.  We got some pizza and started shooting the shit about how it would be fun to go up to Gold Camp Road and see what we see.  We heard rumors of handprints on windows and shit like that.  It's a dirt road, so the handprints might be able to explained by the oil on your hands touching windows.  That's when Don tells us this story.  Now, I love a good ghost story, and I've had some experiences long before this.  Jerry never did and was a skeptic.  We were all stone cold sober when we headed out.

We hop in Jerry's 87 toyota single cab pickup and head on out to Gold Camp.  We come up from the North side going towards Helen Hunt falls, drove through both remaining tunnels, found a wide spot in the road, and did some donuts to get some good dust on the truck and because who doesn't like doing donuts?

On the way back down, we roll into the first tunnel, kill the truck and the lights, and waited for about 20 minutes.  Nothing happened.  Rolled on down to the second tunnel and did the same.  As we're sitting there, we started hearing singing and eventually what sounded like a pick axe.  Then everything went silent, darker than it should have been, and got absolutely freezing.  At the end of the tunnel I saw a black figure come out of nowhere and stand in the middle of the road.

Jerry: "Um.  What the fuck is that?"
Me: "You see it in the middle of the road?"
Jerry: "Dude what the fuck?"
Don: "Oh, thats the hawk."

Jerry and I:

Jerry hit the key and the truck struggled to start, came alive, and we un-assed the area.  Once we got down the hill, Jerry is losing his mind smoking about 3 cigarettes every 10 minutes trying to wrap his brain around it.  All of the back window of the cab, we had full handprints and several on the side panels had hand drags.  

Since then, I've gone back up to Gold Camp Road a couple times, and I've seen the same figure in the middle of the second tunnel going back down to highway 24.  Once I have more bandwidth, and they wife is done nagging me, I'll write about the other experiences again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 5:37:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Sorry about your buddy. Just got the ashes back on Friday, hoping to feel extra footsteps more often now.

I had thought of giving him a Norse stone ship burial on my property, but I decided I wanted to take him along if I ever move, so he's on the dresser next to his best friend.
View Quote

The night after we found Mushroom on the road and had buried him, he came to the back yard to see his brother (They were all each other had in the World before we found them, they had been dumped and left fore dead and we found them at about 2 weeks old, they were so close).

We never saw him completely, just his yellow eyes glowing in the torch light, but Peanut, his bother wouldn't then and doesn't now go near other cats, only his brother Mush, Peanut saw him too and he ran like mad to join him, we could see Peanut clearly in the light, but Mushroom, we could only see his eyes, it's as if he dissolved in the light and only his eyes were visible, but him and Peanut ran and played for about 10-15 minutes and then he was just gone. Like his last goodbye.

Most recently we have had noises of a cat jumping onto / off of the kitchen counters or running down the passage past / up to our bedroom door, Peanut is sleeping on the bed and the other two cats are accounted for as well, we'll then feel the weight of a cat jump onto the bed and it seems to stop next to Peanut, Peanut never wakes up  when this happens, it's only happened twice, both times my wife and I have been awake lying in bed and we both comment on it when we realize it's not one of the other cats (They don't like Peanut and won't sleep next to him anyway) after a while the weight moves off and we hear running down the passage again (Only once) we have never seen the bedding move or anything, never seen anything really, just felt and heard it.

Peanut sitting and Mushroom lying down

Some more of Mushroom the Cat

Link Posted: 2/3/2022 2:09:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FullAssault] [#14]
I have one that’s not exactly supernatural but has stuck me for the past 20 years. Was deep in the woods of SW VA deer hunting with my 2 Brother in laws and best friend. We went to my BIL’s land at around 4:30am , we split up and walk to the areas we scouted the day before.  me and my bud went to hollow that over looked  a small field. As we set there we one on each side of the hollow we both heard moving leaves moving around , we both thought squirrels or chipmunks. There was only about 20 yards between us . We set there until around 10 or 11am when we heard my in law walking up to get us to go, we heard him say WTF! then he started calling me and my bud. We both got up and told him where were and “not to shoot we are coming up”. He said hurry you guys see this shit? We walked to the top of the hollow we had been setting around bu when we got there he was standing there looking confused. He pointed down and there was a deer the had been completely torn apart. It literally look like it literally got hit by a train. Its insides were sill steaming.  We walked in that way when we got there so I don’t know how we could have miss it even in the dark with lights.. we looked around but didn’t see any tracks or anything so we left ,got my other BIL and got the hell out of there. Both of my in laws said they had heard something moving around them too but didn’t think much about it. We all grew up in these woods and had been hunting all our lives.  The fact that whatever happened to that deer happened a few 100ft from where I was setting still sets heavy in the back of my mind when I’m in the woods to this day! I’ve saw bear and big cat kills but I’ve NEVER saw ANYTHING like that!
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 3:55:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2022 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I've shared this one before, but I figure I'll post it here too.

Back around November of 2017, we installed 24 4K cameras at 15fps around the property via hardwired CAT5E cabling. These cameras all have IR lighting and see extremely well in darkness. Several of these cameras cover all four sides of an outbuilding shed we have in the backyard as shown below. On the west side is a set of double doors. On the north is a window. The east and south are just walls. Nothing beneath the shed but dirt and it has a solid shingled roof. So the only way in or out of the shed is thru the door or the window. All four sides of the shed have coverage from the 4K camera system. The cameras record 24/7, not on motion. So there is no gaps in coverage.

In the summer of 2018, the family and I were on a day trip during the day to Las Vegas. Upon returning home, it was later in the evening. Upon getting home, I noticed light was coming from the window of the shed since the light shines on our water tank. This is weird, since we never use the overhead light in the shed. It's a pain in the ass to plug in to the socket on the far side of the wall, so we never bother with using it. My first thought is someone had went in there to steal something. So I drew my pistol, and approached the shed. Seeing the latch was engaged, I figured it wasn't likely anyone was inside. I slid the door latch open and made entry. I quickly looked around to see if anything had been messed with or stolen. Nothing looked out of place. Sure enough, the overhead light was plugged in.

So I go inside and pull up the camera footage history and start reviewing angles that cover the shed expecting to find someone had made entry. I flipped back to early that morning to see if the light was on the previous night. It was not. So the light had to have been plugged in some time during the day. A day in which none of us were home. Since it was daylight, I couldn't tell the exact moment when the light came on unfortunately. As dusk approached, you could tell the light was on. I went thru all of the camera feeds and verified that no one had made entry into the building. Something which I could prove to myself. I even watched the feed that covers our electric panel to see if maybe the breaker switch had been flipped. Further review shows that no one had been in the shed for about a week.

The only thing that would make sense is either someone tunneled up thru the floor and plugged in the random light, then left without a trace, someone teleported in, glitch in the matrix, or a ghost did it. Maybe to admire all my primers I have stored in there?

So I pulled the trigger and ordered another camera and installed it inside the shed hoping that a similar occurrence would happen. I bought one that records audio and installed a weather station inside the shed to track temp inside and out. The display is hung close to the camera so it just casually records the data. Naturally, ghosts must have rules like in Beetlejuice which don't allow them to be caught, since I haven't had a single thing happen in there since.

East and North wall visible. Note the window on the north wall mentioned.

East wall

South wall

West wall with the entry doors.

New camera. Photo taken in pitch dark. Ouija board and Buddy Jesus figurine set out to try to dump gasoline on the paranormal fire. We got nothin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By olscruffy:

I have written on this forum about two different dreams I have had where I was visited by someone who had died. first it was my mother & then an old friend. each time, like you said, they looked younger and quite fit. they came to let me see that they were okay & not to worry. as I have said, maybe its just my mind soothing itself, maybe they did come visit me for a reason.  from the feeling I had when I woke up, they came back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By olscruffy:
Originally Posted By tripleoption:
I don't know what to think of this.  A few nights after my dad died, I woke up and walked into the kitchen to get a drink, and he was standing there.  He looked incredible, like when he was 18 again.  I asked him why he was here, and he said he just wanted to thank me for taking care of him his last few years.  Then he disappeared, and I got my water and went back to bed.  The next morning I woke up and I couldn't place if it was real or a dream.  It sure seemed real.

I have written on this forum about two different dreams I have had where I was visited by someone who had died. first it was my mother & then an old friend. each time, like you said, they looked younger and quite fit. they came to let me see that they were okay & not to worry. as I have said, maybe its just my mind soothing itself, maybe they did come visit me for a reason.  from the feeling I had when I woke up, they came back.

There is a whole phenomenon of “visitation dreams” you can research.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]
on a road trip with close friends, a whole family of them.  Mom, dad, two girls and one boy, plus me tagging along.  Driving from Alaska to Wisconsin for a wedding.  It was late, but we had all been napping on and off so nobody was sleep deprived or hallucinating.  

A guy walked out into the middle of the two lane highway, right in front of us.  Everybody started yelling at the dad to stop, clearly everybody saw him.  Dad had already hit the (crappy) brakes on the old crown vic, we were slowing down but didn't lock the tires up.  We passed right through the guy.  Stopped, got out, looked with flashlights... nothing.  Got back in and evac'ed the zone asap.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
I have one that’s not exactly supernatural but has stuck me for the past 20 years. Was deep in the woods of SW VA deer hunting with my 2 Brother in laws and best friend. We went to my BIL’s land at around 4:30am , we split up and walk to the areas we scouted the day before.  me and my bud went to hollow that over looked  a small field. As we set there we one on each side of the hollow we both heard moving leaves moving around , we both thought squirrels or chipmunks. There was only about 20 yards between us . We set there until around 10 or 11am when we heard my in law walking up to get us to go, we heard him say WTF! then he started calling me and my bud. We both got up and told him where were and “not to shoot we are coming up”. He said hurry you guys see this shit? We walked to the top of the hollow we had been setting around bu when we got there he was standing there looking confused. He pointed down and there was a deer the had been completely torn apart. It literally look like it literally got hit by a train. Its insides were sill steaming.  We walked in that way when we got there so I don’t know how we could have miss it even in the dark with lights.. we looked around but didn’t see any tracks or anything so we left ,got my other BIL and got the hell out of there. Both of my in laws said they had heard something moving around them too but didn’t think much about it. We all grew up in these woods and had been hunting all our lives.  The fact that whatever happened to that deer happened a few 100ft from where I was setting still sets heavy in the back of my mind when I’m in the woods to this day! I’ve saw bear and big cat kills but I’ve NEVER saw ANYTHING like that!
View Quote

Your story reminds me of another I read. Guy went on overnight solo hike up unused fire road into deep forest. Camped that night, woke before daybreak and just relaxed in tent for a few hours.

It had drizzled, so he went in search of dry wood to start fire. Less than 100 feet away as he climbed under the canopy of a dense pine hoping to find dry kindling he came across a deer torn apart. Fresh steam coming from where it had been gutted. He never heard a thing.  

Story is identical to yours except he also discovered a LOT of fresh cougar tracks in the mud all around the carcass. They can kill silently.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Just to give the thread a bump, other things I've experienced include foot steps on the stairs in an otherwise unoccupied building. This only happened a few times and I began to ignored it. I found out later the building did have a reputation for being haunted. In an apartment I was in for about 10 years, I smelled strong cigarette smoke. I didn't/ don't smoke and woke up in the night to this. The place was buttoned up tight, it was too cold to have a window open. This only happened one time in my entire stay. According to the guy I rented from, there were fire walls between each apartment. This gets a big IDK. This last event happened back in the late 80's, I've lived other places, renting and finally buying but have had no other haunting experiences.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 1:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seamasterpro] [#21]
Pretty sure I've posted this before. My grandparents sold their house when my grandpa got sick with brain cancer. Awhile after they sold, my grandma got a letter from the new owners asking if they had ever had any weird experiences in the house. The new owners had a regular schedule where their baby would wake up the same time every night for a bottle, but one night the mom got up at the normal time, went in the room, the baby was asleep and the rocking chair was rocking slightly. In the kitchen there was an empty bottle so the wife figured the husband took care of it. In the morning she found out the husband hadn't fed the baby either, that was the same night my grandpa died. We recently found that letter when going through boxes of my grandparent's stuff.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:
Pretty sure I've posted this before. My grandparents sold their house when my grandpa got sick with brain cancer. Awhile after they sold, my grandma got a letter from the new owners asking if they had ever had any weird experiences in the house. The new owners had a regular schedule where their baby would wake up the same time every night for a bottle, but one night the mom got up at the normal time, went in the room, the baby was asleep and the rocking chair was rocking slightly. In the kitchen there was an empty bottle so the wife figured the husband took care of it. In the morning she found out the husband hadn't fed the baby either, that was the same night my grandpa died. We recently found that letter when going through boxes of my grandparent's stuff.
View Quote

Creepy, yet sweet at the same time. I wouldn't mind a benevolent spirit in the house, especially it helped out with chores from time to time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#23]
My first house with my now ex wife was an old farm house built in 1929.

Shortly after moving in my ex wife claimed she felt like someone was watching her sometimes. Now , the house was out in the middle of nowhere so nobody could be peeping. But shortly after our first daughter was born she saw the ghost. We had a loft area that looked down on our living room and she claimed she saw an older motherly woman looking down from there. She said she felt no fear , but just a warm feeling

Flash forward a number of years and my oldest daughter was in her early teens and tells us one day she saw this ghost upstairs in the same area. She described the woman almost the same as my ex wife.

I never saw anything 🤷🏻‍♂️

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#24]
If you are new to this thread you can read back to my previous posts in this thread for some backstory on my experiences with this stuff.

This will be long winded.

Long before I started dating my now wife I was friends with her brother. So I knew her, her mom, her little sister, and her older brother. I had been there hanging out with her brother and other friends a few times and never felt anything in her moms house. Upstairs in almost ever room except the attic. Not even an inkling even being "sensitive" to this stuff.

Me and my wife start hanging out regularly before officially dating. mostly in the kitchen or living room with her family. Again I didnt notice a thing after being there maybe a dozen times. The house is quite large. Downstairs has large rooms and the staircase is in the center of the house. The upstairs rooms are all linked by doorways you can go in a loop around through all the rooms and get back to the staircase. Top of the stairs going clockwise is mother in laws straight ahead at top of stairs, wifes bedroom, an unused room, a small bathroom, sister in laws bedroom, unused room,  brother in laws bedroom, and we are back to top of the stairs at MIL door. Sorry if that is confusing.

I take my laptop over there one evening and we go up in her sisters bedroom by the window to try and get a WIFI connection from the neighbors. She is sitting on the floor with laptop in the window facing away from the unused rooms doorway directly behind her. I'm sitting with that doorway to my left. The lights are on in our room but it is very dark in the next room. I happen to look to the left for no reason and I see something white in the other room at the top of the doorway. Not a face or a person or something glowing. It looked like someone with a white shirt or nightgown was walking on the ceiling in the other room but crouched down(upside down) and peeked around the corner of the doorway quickly but saw I was looking so they went back. It wasnt lit up it was being lit from the lights in our room. There was even a shadow from the door frame as it slipped out of view. My neck hair stood up and I immediately was aware of something in the house. I got quiet and looked around slowly. I had a really bad feeling and didnt know what to do or say to my wife. We hadn't spoken of such things yet. She looked at me and saw my face and asked what is wrong. I didnt know how to ask so I said "does your house have... things in it?" She asked what kind of things? I said creepy things or something like that. She smiled and tells me there is a woman in the house that doesnt like men. She turns lamp on and walks around in the house from time to time. That led to a long conversation about this kind of thing.

Come to find out her and her family are kind of "sensitive" like me. Some of them just kinda discount it as something that happens and it doesnt really matter. Mother in law is hardcore believer. She knows what I know we have talked many times about it. Call me crazy but I am 100% sure that whatever is in that house hid from me during the past visits because I was just passing through so to speak. When me and my wife started getting serious there was a need to "make their presence known" because they know that I know. If you know what I mean
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#25]
From that first time seeing something in that house to this very day I do not like being upstairs by myself. I am not afraid, I simply do not like it. The downstairs isnt the same. It doesnt really bother me until almost at the top of the stairs. I have only had one experience downstairs. Wife and I were on the sofa in the living room. She was asleep I was watching tv in the dark. Nobody else was home and the kitchen light was on casting light into the entry way on my right. I had the tv down low with the little dog on the couch beside me and a full grown weimaraner on the floor sleeping. In about one seconds time the dogs snap awake with hair stood up, I look over to the right and see a shadow on the floor of the entry way as if someone was in the kitchen, it is moving away from the entry way, I hear a kitchen chair get bumped, the dogs are already heading that way by the time I'm off the couch. I get around the corner and of course see absolutely nothing. Dogs are running through the house in every room growling and looking. I literally expected to catch someone around the corner running to the next room as if they broke in the back door got to the kitchen and realized there was someone home. But of course everything was fine and the doors were still locked.

Several times while upstairs I was whispered to directly in my ear. As if someone with no breathe said "hey" softly in my ear. I would be watching tv in my wifes room with the spare room to my right and my wife would be sleeping then "get out" in my right ear. Hey, hi, what, get out, go away. I've heard them all a few times. Completely random times. I could be walking out of the room with her in front of me and I would hear "hey" in my ear. Not from behind me, from beside me broad daylight perfectly clear.

Small things would get moved around the rooms upstairs. Of course I mostly noticed this in my wifes bedroom. She had a small drafting table with a stool that would get moved around and a small table that would get pushed up against the bed as if someone walked through her room to the spare room and it was in the way.

The weirdest one was when I went upstairs and opened her bedroom door to find that the drafting table stool had been pushed against the door from the inside. 100% possible by pushing the stool against the door then going around through the spare room, bathroom, sisters room, and spare room back to the staircase. Why would anyone do that? The door was too tight against the molding at the bottom for any kind of a coat hanger to pull the stool up against the door. But again why would anyone do that?

I have seen things at the top of the staircase a few times. I simply stopped looking up because I dont like it. And I only go up there if I have to.

To this day I am uncomfortable upstairs. Been in the house a million times over the years it hasnt changed a bit
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
From that first time seeing something in that house to this very day I do not like being upstairs by myself. I am not afraid, I simply do not like it. The downstairs isnt the same. It doesnt really bother me until almost at the top of the stairs. I have only had one experience downstairs. Wife and I were on the sofa in the living room. She was asleep I was watching tv in the dark. Nobody else was home and the kitchen light was on casting light into the entry way on my right. I had the tv down low with the little dog on the couch beside me and a full grown weimaraner on the floor sleeping. In about one seconds time the dogs snap awake with hair stood up, I look over to the right and see a shadow on the floor of the entry way as if someone was in the kitchen, it is moving away from the entry way, I hear a kitchen chair get bumped, the dogs are already heading that way by the time I'm off the couch. I get around the corner and of course see absolutely nothing. Dogs are running through the house in every room growling and looking. I literally expected to catch someone around the corner running to the next room as if they broke in the back door got to the kitchen and realized there was someone home. But of course everything was fine and the doors were still locked.

Several times while upstairs I was whispered to directly in my ear. As if someone with no breathe said "hey" softly in my ear. I would be watching tv in my wifes room with the spare room to my right and my wife would be sleeping then "get out" in my right ear. Hey, hi, what, get out, go away. I've heard them all a few times. Completely random times. I could be walking out of the room with her in front of me and I would hear "hey" in my ear. Not from behind me, from beside me broad daylight perfectly clear.

Small things would get moved around the rooms upstairs. Of course I mostly noticed this in my wifes bedroom. She had a small drafting table with a stool that would get moved around and a small table that would get pushed up against the bed as if someone walked through her room to the spare room and it was in the way.

The weirdest one was when I went upstairs and opened her bedroom door to find that the drafting table stool had been pushed against the door from the inside. 100% possible by pushing the stool against the door then going around through the spare room, bathroom, sisters room, and spare room back to the staircase. Why would anyone do that? The door was too tight against the molding at the bottom for any kind of a coat hanger to pull the stool up against the door. But again why would anyone do that?

I have seen things at the top of the staircase a few times. I simply stopped looking up because I dont like it. And I only go up there if I have to.

To this day I am uncomfortable upstairs. Been in the house a million times over the years it hasnt changed a bit
View Quote

Did you ever investigate to see if there were previous residents in that house?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Did you ever investigate to see if there were previous residents in that house?
View Quote

Do you mean did someone die there? Or if previous residents were coming in?

Either way it's a no. The woman that they bought the house from moved across town and passed away a few years later. 20+ years ago there could have been a death in the house that I'm unaware of. The house is pretty damn old. Stone foundation, horse hair plaster, old clanky pipes, old creaky floors. Oddly enough I've never heard footsteps or movement upstairs or downstairs.

I had gone over everything multiple times to make sure everything was secure. And there wouldn't be anybody getting in there uninvited with the guard dog on duty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#28]

Do you mean did someone die there? Or if previous residents were coming in?

Either way it's a no. The woman that they bought the house from moved across town and passed away a few years later. 20+ years ago there could have been a death in the house that I'm unaware of. The house is pretty damn old. Stone foundation, horse hair plaster, old clanky pipes, old creaky floors. Oddly enough I've never heard footsteps or movement upstairs or downstairs.

I had gone over everything multiple times to make sure everything was secure. And there wouldn't be anybody getting in there uninvited with the guard dog on duty.
View Quote

I was thinking of the somebody having died there in the past, yes.  From how you describe the construction, it could be 100 or more years old.

Plenty of time for several groups of previous residents.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:12:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robmkivseries70] [#29]
The house story reminds of some experiences I had out at a friend's uncles farm house. I don't remember how old the house might have been but it could have been built in the 1920s-1930s, it was very nicely kept inside and out. I first started visiting there when I was 12, my friend's aunt and uncle were extremely nice easy going retired farm people. They very much lived on the main floor. What got me was the 'upstairs', I never saw or heard anything but it made me extremely uncomfortable. It was almost like walking into some type of electric field.

This was about 2 years after my "10 Years Old and New House" experience so I was somewhat sensitive to something there. My friend never felt anything but thought some of the old time pictures watched him. We camped out many times over the years but I never would have stayed the night in that house. My friend did tell me about an aunt with a very strict reputation that  passed away in one of the bedrooms upstairs. It was almost certainly something paranormal but I have no idea what it might have been. I have never, since then, felt anything stronger. After getting the $%^t scared out of me at age 10 or so, I may well have been blocking some of the things I might have otherwise noticed. By the time I was in my 20s, the effects, if they were still there didn't bother me much if at all.

ETA 4/5/2023 : I actually tested the 'feeling' I got by walking up and down the stairway to the 2nd floor. I could tell when I encountered "it" and when I left the 'area' going back down stairs. Whatever it was it didn't vary any as I walked about the second story. I have read of other sensitives mentioning these types of feelings in actual haunts, (Sybil Leek working with Hans Holzer on a case in California.)  In my case IDK, it could have been residual.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 1:45:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

I was thinking of the somebody having died there in the past, yes.  From how you describe the construction, it could be 100 or more years old.

Plenty of time for several groups of previous residents.
View Quote

I'd say it's at least 100 years old. Multiple remodels and plenty of time for many residents.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#31]

I'd say it's at least 100 years old. Multiple remodels and plenty of time for many residents.
View Quote

Gotcha.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Sorry about your buddy. Just got the ashes back on Friday, hoping to feel extra footsteps more often now.

I had thought of giving him a Norse stone ship burial on my property, but I decided I wanted to take him along if I ever move, so he's on the dresser next to his best friend.
View Quote

We buried my Mother with her dogs ashes (small wooden box) cradled in her arm. Wife and I plan on who ever goes first. to be buried  the same way with our dogs ashes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 12:08:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By robmkivseries70:
The house story reminds of some experiences I had out at a friend's uncles farm house. I don't remember how old the house might have been but it could have been built in the 1920s-1930s, it was very nicely kept inside and out. I first started visiting there when I was 12, my friend's aunt and uncle were extremely nice easy going retired farm people. They very much lived on the main floor. What got me was the 'upstairs', I never saw or heard anything but it made me extremely uncomfortable. It was almost like walking into some type of electric field.

This was about 2 years after my "10 Years Old and New House" experience so I was somewhat sensitive to something there. My friend never felt anything but thought some of the old time pictures watched him. We camped out many times over the years but I never would have stayed the night in that house. My friend did tell me about an aunt with a very strict reputation that  passed away in one of the bedrooms upstairs. It was almost certainly something paranormal but I have no idea what it might have been. I have never, since then, felt anything stronger. After getting the $%^t scared out of me at age 10 or so, I may well have been blocking some of the things I might have otherwise noticed. By the time I was in my 20s, the effects, if they were still there didn't bother me much if at all.
View Quote

thanks for this
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I had a recent experience that got me thinking WTF since I'm normally a skeptic and can explain away things.

My 15 year old daughter and I went to Colorado in October 2023 for her birthday. We ended up going to Fairplay Colorado which is the location SouthPark is based on since we're both big fans of the show. We stayed at a hotel there named, The Hand. We weren't specifically looking for haunted hotels here, but supposedly it was. There are several youtube investigations that have been done there. The place is kind of run down, but so is most of Fairplay. We stayed in the Outlaw room which has a queen bed and a bunk bed.
We're both in bed around 10pm watching Youtube on our phone's with headphones in. I'm laying on my side so my right side is against the bed. All of a sudden it feels like someone touched below my left ear with an ice cube. It caused me to sit up fast looking around to see what the hell did that. It was cold enough that I thought the area was wet, but when I wiped at it, there was nothing there. There was enough light that I could see around the room. I tell my daughter about it, and she says, "I hear ghost penises are cold." Needless to say, I didn't sleep too well that night. Glad we were only there for one night!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 7:34:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kudzunc] [#35]
Not my thousandth post, would have been nice to break that with a good one and  not a sh*t post. Sorry for length but to understand some it helps to know the space.

I'v posted few times in the various threads here  about multiple encounters.  Everything from what felt like a cat (or small puppy) walking on a waterbed(I had no pets at the time, just me in the bed but each foot step was felt going through the mattress and then laying down on the corner  on the other side....), I just said hello  and went back to sleep,  to seeing  apparitions with multiple people who all saw the very   exact same detailed thing. Not a shadow person but ghost and what they were wearing.  So if we were hallucinating to hallucinate that exact for yesteryear clothing style was just too much coincidence.  Generally  most are harmless and if show respect you get respect, things may be taken but if asked and explained why you need them will be returned. They get bored and like to prank the living. However if you insult them, act disrespectful they will and can make you their prison bytch....

I've written about that before and how they made one member of a night club's staff because he wouldn't listen about chill out, show them some respect and especially because this was an old church quit with the "god damn this" &  "god damn that", use the F word  at least, yet he wouldn't listen and became their target. Became running joke(and bit to protect ourselves,  that anytime he said something staff would point hey notice I have____ he has _____, then another  staff member that had that trait would point a different trait to make sure the ghosts there knew it wasn't them to mess with and that usually went through 4-5 people.  It went from everyone being messed with to he was their prison bytch getting the blunt of everything. Which only set him off worse which only pissed those ghosts off more. Which just became a running "training wreck", into  a bus load of nuns"  then now plowing into school yard of children, which that school  just happen to have all the world leaders(or some group of important and good people making the tragedy even worse) visiting their school that day..... When you thought they couldn't do something more to him , they would go all Rick James on him and he wouldn't learn to shut his mouth.  Instead of that one again, I give two different buildings and some other stories. Hope I'm not the thread killer s usual when I post here.

Around these part a lot of old churches get reused and many become used for  clubs or theaters... Naturally they lend themselves to music venues due to acoustics. I've dealt with difference experiences and a new theater that doesn't have at least 1  ghost feels very weird, soulless if you will. With all the energy of roaring crowds and emotions, plus given enough time any staff actors or technicans that are attached will stick around in their home.    Which I've found that new theater emptiness is much like many of the newly built just under construction  church sanctuaries that hasn't been used yet.  Where you can fill the difference from stepping out of the brand new under construction space into the older used building. Not even  1800's church, just one built sometime from 1950-1970's has had enough to accumulate something. The longer  age makes this more likely or stronger....  Actually showed that to one  minster, one time when I asked (per my usual to the side in private to the preacher, a church elder or staff)  that if while I'm working here is there anything or anyone I should know about?  As I have also done lighting and sound installs in churches,  you can feel distress and unwelcome when doing demo before doing the install, telling the "occupants" what your're doing or that you  respect them and the space. Seems to help, I just don't like be surprised in empty building late at night.  Not to mention  Least things go missing and other weird anomalies in electrical systems. On  that  one I showed the minster who was dismissive about such,  how it felt between his new sanctuary and the church section , as he hadn't blessed the room or had service or practice service in the space yet. He Walk through it many times, and  look out from the partially built stage but for a man of faith, his book was missing a few pages...  He begrudgingly admitted that he could feel the difference between the used his church section and that brand new sanctuary, when I got him to calm his mind and clear his head about the costs and schedules. To just feel the spaces for the difference of welcoming and occupation through time and energy that had been there, flown through and resides in there. Left with advice to go ahead and practice his sermon in there and make offer to invite an members watching over his church that they are welcome in the new space.

A quick side digress and I hate I lost the source, but I  once read a white paper about old buildings' iron/metal acts like a tape or hard drive for recording the energy from what happens there and can kinda play it back. Lie recording of data.  Strong emotions means lot  of the brain neurons firing off, the heart pumping, so more electrical signals that create """data"" that creates a magnetic record into the old metal. That's a TL;DR and butchered describing the concept like trying to carve a thanksgiving turkey with Philips screw driver. It was well thought out paper on what if?....

Building/Theater 1  was originally early 1900's built 1st Baptist church, had these beautiful Tiffany stain glass windows that were huge and back lit, so at night we could illuminate them during shows) that out grew 1/2 of a city block that had multiple buildings added on to it over time, and moved few block away where they built a bigger church. So the city gets the building eventually owns it and it becomes an art center with the main sanctuary becoming the main theater.  Some psychics had been there for investigations/readings and said that some spirits there were angry about that theater and  alcohol being sold in in their church for how that  was wrong. Remeer the founding date and prohibition happened, not forgetting the branch of Christanity. I've felt and dealt with those spirits there , this isn't about them.   When Joan Baez performed there she decided she was going to do "Amazing Grace" the windows were off and are shielded by metal boxes from the elements(on the outside), so she only saw them lit from the front not from behind the glass in a darken room. She starts in on the song , and cue fading up the windows and she chokes up on the emotion in the song with the glory of 15-20 foot plus Tiffany Stain Glass with scenes in them glowing in a darken room with the stage lights dimmed and only saturated colors covering the stage. It would make your hairs stand up it was so powerful.  That was one of several times used to perfect effect, she missed seeing them on during  the pre-show walk in and seating, they were backed off(blacked out) before she came out with the house(audience seating area) lights off. She knew she was in old church just not that was coming. Not ghostly but to help you understand the venue/building(s) we're talking about for the level of powerful emotions and energy the room can and does have at times.

There were  Other ghosts/spirits/theatns/entities/chi /use whatever word (from whatever religion you identify with to describe the same concept) in numbers more than the buildings usual "hot spots " or mainly known ghosts, that  would show up to see, hear or feel the vibrations and energy of a live show or on a rehearsal. Like word went all through the uptown area and to  oldest and then onward to the original big cemetery to hey dead folks head to the theater yall...  

These ones just  kind of wandered in, this time's experience  occurred on  a day before the scheduled concert.  We had finished up the pre-hang and lighting focus for the musician Dave Brubeck performing the next day and were about to call it & head home. Piano tuner had already came in tuned, so it would be quick tweaking tune once everything was loaded in day of for any humidity type changes.  That was about right when the artist performing decided  to walk over from his hotel room to check out the venue see what it was like and if it was ok for him to practice and work on some music if the piano was set up, as it was empty room and not the hotel lobby piano, where he might be interfering with someone's gig.  He was the sole act for the next night's performance.  

So with Dave Brubeck   and just 3 of the crew  left , we asked if he was ok if we watched and got to  listen; since we would be working during the show and not able to enjoy his music fully.  Dave had no objections and was honored to play for just us, also telling us that as he was working on something so it might not be perfect.  As we were music fans, you kind of have to be to survive and put up with the hours in industry. So we  spread out in the theater to each area that gave us the best of what we wanted,  our boss went to the side of a balcony where he could  look down at his hands on the keyboard playing, still getting decent acoustics, hearing it almost like he was playing it.  This grand piano also had history for every artist signing  the inside of it since the art center open in the 1970's and a few had signed multiple times over  the years. Mr Brubeck  was already in there and so were friends he knew, many artists like reading the names they knew and were careful to sign it so no name was ever covered.  This was in the early 1990's. My friend/coworker (who also had the similar experience from other ghosts/spirits near him, that I'm getting to...)  went and sat in the center of balcony for the best seat & sound in the room for the piano. I went and sat on the other side of the balcony closer to center so I got acoustics but could also look down at strings and their reflection from the lights.  As he was playing you can hear the sound of seats moving and folding down, no one else was in theater and we weren't moving seats. The sounds of rustling of programs and occasional you couldn't make it out but voice mummers like an audience.

Which that failed to what came next,  as we're each in our space enjoying  the performance, I feel some one/thing sit down beside me, well used to the building activity so knowing it wasn't harmful and not worth trying to chase, continued focusing on the stage. Then  in few minutes I  could feel like an arm rest on mine like it was holding it while also enjoying the show. Like it was a date thing. This continued for about 30-45 minutes. I couldn't see anything out of my side vision I tried.... Then  as he was finishing up I felt the cold and pressure retract slightly , I made comment to whatever it was that I hoped they enjoyed the rehearsal and thanked them for their company , wishing them a good night.

About ten years later that art center was taken over by city wanting it under different management(that would toe their line more about what acts and groups could use the space) I worked for both art centers , so I got bump in pay and conditions and we the public  lost the room being book by outside promoters and the  art center  that wanted to and need to keep shows in it to fund the building/center and draw people to all the galleries and help remind them  that there were all the great classes they could take. Which you may not care about pottery, weaving, drawing, and numerous other niche art discipline but that center had spaces for them were lost in land grab, the city just changed who they were giving the operating money to,. Which  that ended the ability for the 1st center to  stay a float as there was no notice than this is your last year. Mock hearings for public input, although the decision was already a done deal.  Which all that extra community  art center  classes went away under the 2nd management group...  New management wouldn't open the galleries  on show nights because their hours were from 9am to 5pm.  So people coming pre show could only  look in the galleries locked glass doors that had the lights off for the room. Pretty much made the pre-show wait suck for the audience. Ruined the at center experience for exposing people to galleries that they normally would come to look at but since they were waiting might as well look around for free.

With this  change over and knowing the person being assigned there, I tried explained to one of the new building management people about some of the ghosts and where the hot spots were, where they start and disappear at. Basically a friendly heads up, let me save some wasted chases and double checking every single room for some one type deal. He didn't believe in ghosts or spirits, he was convinced I was just screwing with him. There was no money  to open galleries during the pre shows for patrons to roam through view art waiting for the show and possible buy the art from the building and artists, but they had money to not only install cameras  but install cameras down in the hallways where no one but the workers go.  They have these new  cameras working for about month and this same guy comes to me on show all excited how they caught one of the female ghosts on the security camera.  

Apparently he had been hearing and then  chasing the footsteps and trying to find the person down in the basement before the elevator actual got simple button security codes. Before that you could hop on and ride to any floor, there was a door to hide with no lock on it on the main lobby but was open if the 2nd theater had a show that night as many  small resident companies did. Which that theater had two issues, very active ghosts and back when they built it, the electricians decided to ignore the blue prints and ran the control cable for lighting systems computerized dimmers in with power feed for Mercury Vapor work lights. Which if the Lighting computer operator's board is not left on, for  it sending multiple signals every second to correct any magnetic field fluctuations.  If the Light Board was off you would have  the work lights power's magnetic field effect the signal cable and that would turn on and off the stage lights randomly.  Most often on the circuits by the balcony and control booth which was also one of the more active spots, for sightings that room. So you could often seen your reflection in Lighting & sound Booth's large glass window but you would occasionally see a male and/or a female behind it. You always felt watched in this room and never alone, and there was weird energy feeling in a section of the upper balcony. You would get weird bleed on the wireless microphones occasionally. It cam and went so it was not some using a wireless microphone on the same frequency and both theaters were set up so the frequencies would not interfere with the other. That was at 7 th street and Tryon St the original art center name was "Spirit Square"

Then there was the old Carolina Theater 6th st and Tryon st,(next block over, it was closed and stripped the city used its seats for the theater mentioned above)  that was between the two art centers and that was a very active space. Each ghost kept to their areas but they were distinct presences, tried chasing one once with a friend cutting off the path to see where they went  in the upper balcony, came through the stairwell all "Wiley E. Coyote" 'ing the turn with my feet  hitting the wall and my hands on the ground as I was recovering from a fall and staying in  motion with  going to get back vertical before I would be rolling down stairs, which came out on the 2nd floor lobby in front of manned concessions table with one person  working and my friend coming up their Vomitorium tunnel. While I surprised the person at table and asked did the see anyone or anything come through here just now, felt anything? All to   "No" responses. When looking back at this non used stairwell Vomitorium hallway the dust was thick on the floor you could see where my feet were and weren't and where only my hands had touched the ground because my feet were pushing me forward off the wall, so nothing moved a spec of dust,  other than me.

Another time same "Carolina Theater" me and two friends  were up in this same balcony , his wife was a professional Wardrobe Customer. I notice something and just to make sure, I ask them mainly to her with the side eye of don't look directly, are you seeing what I'm seeing?   Same Ghost guy standing slightly in the tunnel entrance like ushers(or stage hands) watching the show, just out of sight of audience but able to see where the stage and screen action was.   She answers by describing his type of hat, the jacket style, and shirt, and the pants, which puts them in 1930's or 1940's era, and her husband answers with "yeah what she said" and it matched what I was seeing. I know the names when said but couldn't give them without looking them up in my text books on the subjects. Worked all jobs but wardrobe was my weakest, I had no problem with it. Easier than dressing a kid, but my love was lighting and climbing.

In the lowest lobby down where the back of the theater seating was above it (the lobby street level  burned in fire in the 1980's) in a corner office was an older lady ghost , that had some sort of Front Of House type management/owner(?) role. She always was by that little room tucked under the stairs very nice feeling and welcoming but proper also. Hair always up in a bun. Fashion  was a full dress from the earlier years, which being older may have been what she liked and kept wearing.

Contrasted those nicer ones to what was in the back stage  and under stage area that was a bit hostile. The company putting on shows used "canned music" from tapes and CDs, this was a big issue shortly after this place opened for theaer, big band, concerts and Movies (later on) not having sound and having local musicians. Over those years were the shows having local musicians and contracts requiring "X number" of musicians per show with the invention of recorded audio being used on theater productions first for effects than expanding, which sound effects were someone's job/instrument(s)... . Which there was lot bad blood and asshatery towards the musicians they had to have on the show back then. Instead of using them they would make them have to be inside some awkward set piece to play a few notes just to be shitty, as they could make the same notes from in the wings, into a microphone or upstage of the Cyclorama Curtain (That is the  last one upstage(farthest away from the audience aka downstage, often white curtain  that often has the colors on it). So several decades of bad blood and hatred lost employment over canned music,  that we don't think about today. Took me awhile to put that one together. Having to cross through that space every time, every show was something I hated, I did it with two maglights aimed to both sides in a run to hit the lower lobby exit hole where the friendly ghosts 's office was. It didn't follow to there, that door was the break/barrier point (normally I love those type of areas under stages for exploring)  then I would walked up the stairs to trigger the rest of the effects and cues for the show. That thing/ghost  was very unwelcoming and hostile, figure it was ghost of the early years musician. Didn't bother trying to get to know it more as it was not something I wanted to connect with due to anger and hostility. Worse part I wasn't even involved with sound, only lighting and smoke effects. So being pissed at me and is the wrong department even though sound falls under "Electrics" by very old school rules. Just realized than some 20+ years later.

Another ghost/spirit in that theater, I often see my information about this one quoted by people that pulled the information from other sources that left off the accreditation and so on the next source being copied from research didn't have the accreditation to information (original author was doing history on the theater ad we had long talks about lots of the building) and such got lost from being rehashed by people that couldn't find the source, they made Buzzfeed list article for yearly Halloween  publication... A few I tried to contact, since the place got closed for use to due to infighting from the board of preservation society for it.   This one ghost (never really seen except through the small windows a few times but very often felt,  hung out up in the what was the Film Projector  and Spotlights Operator's both. You could go up into the balcony and it would be in say the upper 80's to 90+ degrees(hotter as you got higher), you then go up into this room(heat rises right?) but the  temperature drops, go up the 8 foot ladder(no down draft) into the ceiling back into the 90's degree heat and higher, go back down and the room is cold, back below in the balcony its  hot and humid  again. Went in there few time just to cool off.

Used to always feel an unease and sense of being watched like "you don't belong here, don't touch anything" . Get out you don't belong here,  this is (my) a work space, not hostile more defensive and protective. Like if you walk into someone tool space and around expensive and sensitive equipment, where you touch something you can mess up calibration that took some time....  Until one day screwing around I stuck a "Proud to be Union Stagehand" bumper sticker in an out of view place, as is history of leaving show information and/or  logos in these booths from shows that come through on tour.  Suddenly  after that the ghost/spirit must have saw the Stage Union's  ""Bug"" Logo it would recognize and know as being a member.  I heard stories from older union members about the building in its hey days and  how the old staff there would hold a performing shows equipment hostage until they were paid. As they had been screwed so many times by crooked promoters. That they would have a promoter with bag of 50 cent coins and would pay them before any gear would be allowed to leave.  From the older members in the union in the 1990's that had joined in the 1930's and 1940's, which back then was more of blended mix with our Fire Department,  as a Fire Captain (1940's-1950's) did he have some stories too....      It was after this  (our) Union Logo Sticker the space was still cold but felt more welcoming like I was still being watched but not in way of  don't touch shit... more like Welcome brother.... Thought it might be opposite when I placed that in there but I was way wrong on that.    A few days later I was up there looking at the old gear yet again and walking in it felt colder and then it was like I hit brick wall with the name Fred Very hardly pushed into my brain.  The ghost seemed to respond to Fred  and was 100% not the ghost  from the Vomitorium farther on down the balcony and off to the far side.  So every few years I see mention of the building and ghosts and the name Fred but the author of course has no source just some employees said, which there haven't been really any of those in 20 years in the space.

That's not all but this is long enough. If there are replies and desire I'll type out some of the ghosts in another old church, turned night club  that even hosted The PTL Club in the early years with Jim Baker and Tammy Faye Baker and the various ones in there and multiple experiences dealt with. Including how they punk'ed that one dumb manger so hard multiple times and one of them he just thump them in the chest and they thumped back hard, it  was classic gold.

kudzunc 's  998th post
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine was a the Cresent Hotel in Eureka Springs AR.  I didn't believe the hype, but I stayed there for three nights.  The first night, nothing happened.  The next day, while watching a movie on tv, the voices went away, but the sound effects and background music stayed on.  My friend was in a room 2 doors down and we checked and his was working properly.  That night, the door know rattled around 2:45 am.  I slept with all of the lights on, and woke up but didn't see anything.  The only way to rattle the handle is from the inside of the room. Then nothing happened until Saturday morning when I was leaving the room.  I turned off the lamp on the right side of the bed and it clicked itself back on after I had moved to the other side of the room.  That was freaky.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's one I've never told before. I was working for a small mid western university. We were pulling CATV cable in the building that housed the theater. One Monday morning we were to meet in one of the dressing rooms in the 'basement' of the building to begin pulling cable. What was special about this dressing room was that the students used an old barber chair for those actors having makeup applied.

I knew the barber chair had a reputation of some paranormal sort. On the Monday in question, we met outside this dressing room but could not get in. Somehow, the barber chair (heavy sucker) had moved itself over from the center of the room, blocking the door. There was a whole crew of guys there, from the local cable co. to school staff from various departments. Somebody had to go to another entrance and get in the back way to move the chair away from the door.

I'd told this story to another employee and had it suggested that the chair was moved by some people to setup the ghost story. It seemed like a lot to go through for a trick. The guys working, did not go out of their way to gloat about what happened, I had to ask. Later, it was reported that the barber chair was put in storage as there were too many other worldly things happening around it.

The theater director told us a story, at a different time, about chasing "something" through through the building, something that was always able to keep well ahead of him in the stair wells and through fire doors.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Ghost experiences. (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top