Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2021 8:54:25 PM EDT
Long story short I registered a couple of kayaks so I could put motors on them a couple years ago. I got a letter in the mail a couple days ago about back taxes on those “boats”. They said they sent out a letter a year or so ago valuing them at 10,000 and $15,000 each. If I didn’t agree with the value I could send the form back in and have the value adjusted. I never received that paperwork. They are worth about $1000 together. Anyway they’re saying I owe about $800 total taxes on them and they’re claiming nothing can be done to change that amount. Does anyone know if I can/can’t do anything about it or who to contact.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the letter not have any contact info?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#2]
So they figured out who you voted for!  

If they did not send it registered mail they have no proof you received it.     Contest it in court, There must be some legal process.  Find your sales receipt or bill of sale or info on same model with value.
Their valuation has no basis in realistic value of a kayak its not possible to prove any kayak any where is worth that much.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Simple.  They were sold years ago and you bought some used ones last week.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Plenty can be done. The state is overreaching in a big way.

Step 1) Get involved in local government. Become a Precinct Chair or help yours.

It sounds like you were targeted for political reasons. People like this should be in prison and working locally is the only way we can stop what is happening to our country.

I would speak with an attorney and pursue the state for targeting people.

I would also take my receipts to show what was paid but I would pursue who targeted me until they were disciplined, jailed and prosecuted.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plenty can be done. The state is overreaching in a big way.

Step 1) Get involved in local government. Become a Precinct Chair or help yours.

It sounds like you were targeted for political reasons. People like this should be in prison and working locally is the only way we can stop what is happening to our country.

I would speak with an attorney and pursue the state for targeting people.

I would also take my receipts to show what was paid but I would pursue who targeted me until they were disciplined, jailed and prosecuted.
View Quote

Where did he say that he did not vote for Biden?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I would check with the Assessors office in the county the kayaks are registered and talk with someone responsible for Personal Property valuations.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would check with the Assessors office in the county the kayaks are registered and talk with someone responsible for Personal Property valuations.
View Quote

That’s who I talked to.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s who I talked to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s who I talked to.

Are kayaks registered in the state?

This is his a property tax issue?

Lawyers are expensive.
They may be screwing around with you because they
know it would cost more than the bill to fight them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are kayaks registered in the state? No but had to register it to put a trolling motor on it.

This is his a property tax issue?

Lawyers are expensive.
They may be screwing around with you because they
know it would cost more than the bill to fight them.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top