Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Derp.

View Quote

Fixt.

Remember, brevity is the soul of wit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Knowing there were kids in the car, they shouldn't have pitted it. That's all I got.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The police should go after all the occupants to cover the cost of the repair to the patrol vehicle and physiological counseling for the officer should he need it to recover from his traumatic experience.

Then go after Moore for violation of child labor laws.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dang.  Pits got another kid.
View Quote

Maneuver of peace?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dang.  Pits got another kid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Did I miss it? Who did the car belong to? Stolen?

12 years old and already stealing cars? Breacking into cars?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Knowing there were kids in the car, they shouldn't have pitted it. That's all I got.
View Quote

At some point you have to weigh the kids in the car with the other people that could be killed by a recklessly speeding driver evading police.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
None of you dumb asses even read the article....

The neighbor was a sovereign citizen, this is why he ran from the cops.

ETA: The neighbor killed the kid, not the cops
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Would like to know more about the criminal history of the driver. It sounds like he created the situation, but it’s hard to get behind cops wrecking into a car with kids inside unless it is an absolute last ditch effort to save them
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Welcome fellow firearm enthusiast!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle." When a cop shoots you in a 2am wrong address no-knock they'll comb through your history to find a reason why you had it coming, or just as often look for someone with a similar name and claim that you had it coming. Three total strangers chase you down and hold you at gunpoint? Your fault if you fight, your fault if you flee, your fault if you stand there and die.

The bootlickers will never run out of excuses why the police are unaccountable. Like an abusive boyfriend, they'll tell you that if you didn't want to get hurt you should have just let them do whatever they wanted without question.

Welcome fellow firearm enthusiast!

Dude, he's been here longer than you
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

At some point you have to weigh the kids in the car with the other people that could be killed by a recklessly speeding driver evading police.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
At what speed is a pit unsafe or deadly? How fast was the driver going at the time of the pit? Since the officers spent time at the car window trying to get the guy to roll down his window, there is no way they did not see the two kids in the car with him. Knowing this, why would they use a pit maneuver on his car with two young children in it, especially if it was done at a speed known to increase the risk of deaths? There are many unanswered questions. Probably would have been a lot safer to run one of those strips that blow out tires, or just let the guy go and catch up to him later when it can be done safely. They had his license plate. It's not like they couldn't find him later.
View Quote

This, gonna go with it's ultimately the officer's fault.  Not like they don't have radios and other officers.  Pulled him over so he should have known two children are in the car.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?

Stop Sticks roll vehicles all the time and I'm not sure ramming a road block would be safer for the children that a PIT.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Unfortunate, but the price of doing business.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yea. Those troopers are good guys in that area since I've worked with them for 10yrs.

Juvenile pieces of work like you on the other hand..

It's a shit situation.
View Quote
@kncook

Thanks for proving my point. You shot me without even understanding the message. I didn't say they weren't good guys. I simply stated surprise that he didn't get shot for endangering the troopers when he drove off. Now, let's see if you can recover like an adult.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Stop Sticks roll vehicles all the time and I'm not sure ramming a road block would be safer for the children that a PIT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?

All they had on the guy at the time was a simple speeding infraction. Follow up on the plate number and see what you get. Is a speeding ticket worth possibly killing the two children in the car, possibly injuring or killing uninvolved innocents during the pursuit, or all of the possible property damage that could result from it?

The worst thing that happens by not initiating a pursuit is the guy gets away with speeding. What's the worst that could happen by chasing him?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've done all manner of stupid shit in these situations.  Might be the first time I have ever terminated a pursuit, but in this case, I hope I would have. I know, Monday morning and all that. Horrible outcome for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Pretty sure the offender is liable, both criminally and civilly...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@kncook

Thanks for proving my point. You shot me without even understanding the message. I didn't say they weren't good guys. I simply stated surprise that he didn't get shot for endangering the troopers when he drove off. Now, let's see if you can recover like an adul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea. Those troopers are good guys in that area since I've worked with them for 10yrs.

Juvenile pieces of work like you on the other hand..

It's a shi situation.
@kncook

Thanks for proving my point. You shot me without even understanding the message. I didn't say they weren't good guys. I simply stated surprise that he didn't get shot for endangering the troopers when he drove off. Now, let's see if you can recover like an adul.

Uh what?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe. Was he a hazard for others on the road?   I would have to know more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

All they had on the guy at the time was a simple speeding infraction. Follow up on the plate number and see what you get. Is a speeding ticket worth possibly killing the two children in the car, possibly injuring or killing uninvolved innocents during the pursuit, or all of the possible property damage that could result from it?

The worst thing that happens by not initiating a pursuit is the guy gets away with speeding. What's the worst that could happen by chasing him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?

We know that now. It’s just speeding so when a guy just speeding with two kids takes off after not identifying themselves that should be an alarm something else is wrong. Like maybe kidnapping.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This, gonna go with it's ultimately the officer's fault.  Not like they don't have radios and other officers.  Pulled him over so he should have known two children are in the car.
View Quote

Does kids being in the car change the fact that he's a danger to other drivers on the road?  So what, they don't knock him off the road and he head-ons an innocent family, killing 7 people instead of 1?  It was shit no matter how it was sliced and diced, but I'm not faulting the officers.  They kept him from causing more harm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pit manuever for a dumbass "sovereign citizen"?

View Quote

Yeah those troopers fucked up. They won’t be the first Georgia troopers to get indicted for killing someone in an unnecessary chase.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Uh what?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 3:30:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
This... they had the plate and car... two kids, sorry just let the dude go catch him on the flip side... I would have a diff opinion IF THEY KNEW dude was a murderer or an armed felon...BUT they didnt... Cops just like to murder people....:( AND WE PAY FOR IT AFTER )
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Serious question.  Since they knew who the driver was, make and model of the car and the tag number and that there were two kids in the car:  Why couldn't they just wait for him at his house?
Now if he had kidnapped someone, robbed, raped, or murdered, it would be different.  But, over a speeding ticket (original cause for the stop)?????
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Yet again, they blame LE for the actions of criminals.

I am betting the kid was not in a seatbelt. If the punk driver was known to LE, then could it be possible they knew he didn’t have kids and thought why there were two young kids in the car with him? Hmmm suspicious? Nah, back to Dancing with the stars…….
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Pit manuever for a dumbass "sovereign citizen"?

View Quote

Cops get really spun up about sovereign citizens.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Arizona troopers uses 'Grappler' to stop reckless driver
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:33:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We know that now. It’s just speeding so when a guy just speeding with two kids takes off after not identifying themselves that should be an alarm something else is wrong. Like maybe kidnapping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?

Was he stopped under suspicion of kidnapping? Do you assume any adult driving a car with children inside is kidnapping them? You don't get to assume someone is guilty of all crimes until proven otherwise. At the time of the stop his only alleged crime was a traffic infraction.

I don't think I've ever seen someone run with their kid(s) in the vehicle where the officers just assume they've kidnapped children immediately. Maybe if they're looking for an amber alert and the kid fits the description, but as a general reaction?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tire strips?
Road block?
Helicopter pursuit?

The kid was in danger, so they killed him to save him.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#35]
This happened down the street from where I work. The driver was hauling ass in a construction zone.  Based on the skid marks he spun and rolled a few times. The car should have been equipped with life saving devices like seat belts and air bags. If we are at granny's funeral why is the kid not there ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#36]
If LE didn't know others were in the car, then that's bad luck.
If LE did know others were in the car, then stopping that fella better be worth all of the lives in the car at the time.

State of WA recently passed a law to test the idea.  No more chasing cars - arrest them later under more controlled circumstances.
(While the law is poorly written and has a serious case of the "unintended consequences"...)
It will be interesting to learn from WA's experiment if such enforcement activities are better/worse/the-same...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Serious question.  Since they knew who the driver was, make and model of the car and the tag number and that there were two kids in the car:  Why couldn't they just wait for him at his house?
Now if he had kidnapped someone, robbed, raped, or murdered, it would be different.  But, over a speeding ticket (original cause for the stop)?????
View Quote

Did they know who the driver was at the time of the traffic stop?  It says he failed to produce a license and took off.....based on that I'd assume they figured out who was driving after the crash.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#38]
"12 year old dead after driver wouldnt stop for police"
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Was he stopped under suspicion of kidnapping? Do you assume any adult driving a car with children inside is kidnapping them? You don't get to assume someone is guilty of all crimes until proven otherwise. At the time of the stop his only alleged crime was a traffic infraction.

I don't think I've ever seen someone run with their kid(s) in the vehicle where the officers just assume they've kidnapped children immediately. Maybe if they're looking for an amber alert and the kid fits the description, but as a general reaction?
View Quote

Not saying I agree with the pit.....but I can see how it would seem very suspicious to a cop to pull someone over for a fairly minor offence, with kids in the car, who then refused to give ID and took off.  If you imagine the worse, that the kids were kidnapped, imagine the uproar if the cop just let him drive away without pursuing them.

In this case, I'm sure the cop wishes things would have ended up different, looking back at something with all the information makes the right choice looks easy.

ETA: Shitty situation all around....but I place the death of the kid on the idiot behind the wheel.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Remember everyone, it's always going to be your fault somehow. The question is never "why was there a high speed chase when we have radios, GPS, cameras, and massive databases" or "why was it necessary to crash the vehicle." When a cop shoots you in a 2am wrong address no-knock they'll comb through your history to find a reason why you had it coming, or just as often look for someone with a similar name and claim that you had it coming. Three total strangers chase you down and hold you at gunpoint? Your fault if you fight, your fault if you flee, your fault if you stand there and die.

The bootlickers will never run out of excuses why the police are unaccountable. Like an abusive boyfriend, they'll tell you that if you didn't want to get hurt you should have just let them do whatever they wanted without question.
View Quote

How about we ask for a little responsibility and accountability with the criminals?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Crappy situation, but wouldn't blame the cops on this one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did they know who the driver was at the time of the traffic stop?  It says he failed to produce a license and took off.....based on that I'd assume they figured out who was driving after the crash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also said the car wasn’t his either.

Realize the story shows the kids as what looks like a 5-7yr old. Not sure how big the kids were in the car at night to see if they could be IDd clearly as juveniles
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yet again, they blame LE for the actions of criminals.

View Quote

Police chases are negligent. Plain and simple. They kill far too many innocent bystanders. Cops own their own actions when they endanger others.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sounds like a scumbag's crimes led to the death of a kid. Blame the criminal, not the police.

It's situations like this that are why some departments have basically stopped pursuing vehicles entirely. Too much liability. And then you have victims wondering why the police won't chase the criminals anymore.
View Quote

EXACTLY!!!!

Which is why someone who is an accessory to a crime gets dinged with a murder charge if ANYONE in that whole mess dies.

Right?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#45]
We need more details. There are multiple questions that need answered before we can reasonably come to a conclusion.

A. Why were the police chasing this guy in the first place?
B. What did the neighbor do to attract the attention of the police?
C. Did the police know there was another occupant in the vehicle?
D. Were there any alternatives available instead of the PIT maneuver?
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Hashbrownmetoo
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they knew there was a kid in the car, then I would be inclined to agree.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Fixed it for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Georgia: 12 year old dead after neighbor runs from cops

Fixed it for you.

Fuck around and find out. I don’t know how it got to be this way but we never focus on the crimes that led to the issue… Floyd, Ferguson, Rodney Kang….  All the same. Don’t do the crime if you…

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:38:09 PM EDT
[#50]
He should have pulled him over to check for id before the pit.

Silly police
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top