Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2019 8:29:14 AM EDT
I need to replace a few this year.  What is everyone running?  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
@Martlet How much are you looking to spend?  Do you need wireless connectivity?  I use these:

Zopu Trail Camera 16MP

I have it set on public land, so didn't want to spend a fortune in case it disappeared.  Happy with it, it's been solid for me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
@
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#2]
@Prle

Thanks!  I'm cheap, but I want something that I can put on a few trails and may lose, and also put down on my farm to catch predators and deer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The cheap option is Tasco.

The biggest downside is no battery meter. Pictures are ok quality but you will definitely not get consistent captures like a higher end camera. If you are leading with cheap though you may like what you get. Feel free to search reviews or YouTube.

Check the Wal Mart clearance thread and see of you have any of the Tasco or Moultrie on clearance in your area. I personally use the Moultrie and picked up 4 more for half price thanks to that thread.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 10 or so of these.  They're pretty good.  Watch them on Amazon, they vary between 50 and 80 bucks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JWFI83U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cheap option is Tasco.

The biggest downside is no battery meter. Pictures are ok quality but you will definitely not get consistent captures like a higher end camera. If you are leading with cheap though you may like what you get. Feel free to search reviews or YouTube.

Check the Wal Mart clearance thread and see of you have any of the Tasco or Moultrie on clearance in your area. I personally use the Moultrie and picked up 4 more for half price thanks to that thread.
View Quote
I'm leading with cheap for the off-site cameras.  I fully expect some to get stolen.  The cameras on my farm I'd like to get a little better quality.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Unrelated...I just noticed my team membership expired!  Off to renew!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Prle

Thanks!  I'm cheap, but I want something that I can put on a few trails and may lose, and also put down on my farm to catch predators and deer.
View Quote
Don't forget squirrels lol, i get a lot of them too.

Regards

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought 4 Moultrie cameras before I gave up on them. They all went to shit within a year. I have 3 Wildgame Innovations and have been much happier with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top