Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 5:38:03 PM EDT
GOP Sen. Lankford Apologizes to Black Voters For Questioning Election Integrity

Oklahoma Republican Sen. James Lankford is now apologizing for initially challenging the results of the 2020 presidential election after being accused of disenfranchising black voters.

Lankford was one of 11 senators who signed a letter penned by Sen. Ted Cruz last month announcing their intent to vote “no” on certifying Electoral College votes from certain states where Republicans had questioned election integrity. Following last Wednesday’s riots at the U.S. Capitol, Lankford backed down from his pledge, instead voting to accept the electoral votes in favor of Joe Biden.

Now, he’s apologizing for offending people by originally questioning the election results, saying he understands that some saw his challenge as an attempt to delegitimize votes cast by black Americans.

“What I did not realize was all of the national conversation about states like Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Michigan, was seen as casting doubt on the validity of votes coming out of predominantly Black communities like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and Detroit,” he wrote in his apology, in which he said he did not mean to “disenfranchise any voter or state.”

“After decades of fighting for voting rights, many Black friends in Oklahoma saw this as a direct attack on their right to vote, for their vote to matter, and even a belief that their votes made an election in our country illegitimate,” he continued.

“I can assure you,my intent to give a voice to Oklahomans who had questions was never also an intent to diminish the voice of any Black American,” Lankford went on. “I should have recognized how what I said and what I did could be interpreted by many of you. I deeply regret my blindness to that perception, and for that I am sorry.”
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:39:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That is like the 5th time in a day he has apologized.  SUPERCUCK
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, fuck him, out he goes
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What an idiot - NEVER apologize to the enemy.  

NOT ONE of those folks voted for him.  NOT ONE.

A man that cannot see this, that does not have the resolve to face the fire -- does not deserve the right to represent us.   Now go home and get your f*cking shinebox.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
There's no shortage of cowards and Peters in the Republican party in 2021.

This is why the party needs to die.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
What a faggot ass pussy bitch.

Death to the GOP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Dipshit, won't help him or anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Conjures up images I saw not to long ago in that video of the Chick-fil-a Chairman shining the shoes of that black guy. This Sen Lankford guy is worse because as a Senator for we the people he seems to have no real convictions what he stands for. I expected this from a politician in the lib states, not in OKlahoma. Hope he gets voted out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
He doesn't give a shit about his black constituents.  He just wants to get that Corporate donation PAC money coming back to him after all those woke corporations said they would stop donating to the campaigns of anyone who questioned the election integrity.

Expect more groveling from other Republicants.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have yet to here what my GOP sens. did
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL GOP voters got cucked for the past 12 years.

Welp, back to the drawling board.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck that ginger haired Cuck.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Just when I thought I couldn't hate republicans anymore than I already do.  Watching them die off starting in the midterms is going to be therapeutic
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Cucks gonna cuck.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Does the GOP have a common sperm bank that they use to get their wives pregnant?  I'm asking because none of them has any balls, but still have kids.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#15]
He should apologize to last summer's looters for having poorly stocked stores in advance of the festivities too while he's at it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Because Black folks can't figure out how to register properly?
Sounds Racist to me!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Conjures up images I saw not to long ago in that video of the Chick-fil-a Chairman shining the shoes of that black guy. This Sen Lankford guy is worse because as a Senator for we the people he seems to have no real convictions what he stands for. I expected this from a politician in the lib states, not in OKlahoma. Hope he gets voted out.
View Quote

Provide the name of the one that does...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#19]
WTF?... what does it have to do with black people?

fuggin' moran plays right into the hands of the leftist's propaganda... and for what benefit?... they all love him now?

idiot
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Lankford is a disappointment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#21]
All of them need to go
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He doesn't give a shit about his black constituents.  He just wants to get that Corporate donation PAC money coming back to him after all those woke corporations said they would stop donating to the campaigns of anyone who questioned the election integrity.

Expect more groveling from other Republicants.
View Quote

He is done in Oklahoma. I would sign a recall if it started.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top