Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/3/2021 12:56:19 AM EDT
I figure GD is a goldmine of experience on both sides of this...

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
How old is your daughter?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:02:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Time to find someone younger than her.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this. it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:05:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Don’t want to be a prude but I’d think the actual ages involved are more important than the age difference.
If my daughter were 18 dating someone close to 50 I’d have serious reservations as opposed to a daughter 38 dating someone nearing 70.

Daughter’s maturity would play a big part also for me to be sure she wasn’t being taken advantage of!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:07:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I think that both of them are deranged.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
If he were President Trump I'd have no problem with it. He's wealthy, lives like a king, travels the globe, what's not to love.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
There was some Navy guy here that went through this with his 18-20 year old daughter. "Something"-Shark I think.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:10:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think Op is a young guy. He's maybe mid-30's or so. I don't think his daughter would be very old.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Another thread where we find out which members haven't read the Rational Male
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Not the situation the OP is asking about...

My ~18 yo-at-the-time cousin started dating this dude in his 40's. They eventually got married, had a kid, got divorced.
Weird as hell. He wasn't particularly good looking either. They were on good terms after the divorce.

She's on her 2nd husband (3rd relationship-the 2nd guy died) now, much closer to her age.

Just had her first grandkid too.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:12:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don’t want to be a prude but I’d think the actual ages involved are more important than the age difference.
If my daughter were 18 dating someone close to 50 I’d have serious reservations as opposed to a daughter 38 dating someone nearing 70.

Daughter’s maturity would play a big part also for me to be sure she wasn’t being taken advantage of!
View Quote

A 38 year old woman with a 70 year old man, is loopy, very great age differences are very hard, to make work.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#13]
wakeboarder thread.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Is he rich? Is he generous? I'm 72.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:18:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Date that guys daughter and make everyone unhappy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:19:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Call him gramps.

No, really, if your daughter is young the best way to get rid of him is to become his best bud. That will creep your daughter out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Date that guys daughter and make everyone unhappy.
View Quote

I like this! Act like your daughter's interest in this older guy has opened your eyes to the possibility that you might be attractive to younger women. Start hitting on all your daughter's friends.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#18]
1) Tell your daughter you're calling him "old balls."

2) How rich and close to death is he? These things matter.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:37:32 AM EDT
[#19]
My thought is:
WTF did you do to give her such a daddy-complex?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:39:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Not a lot you can do about it. Accept it and live your life.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I think it's creepy AF when I hear about guys who do this.

If I weren't married, I would do this.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:42:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Eh it's fine
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:54:29 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife's half-sister dates an old fuck who is older than her father (now long-distance since she took a job in another state).  They worked together in a lab when she got out of college, and took a liking to each other.  To be fair, she's got the personality of box, and might as well be in her '60s, so they work well.  She's also, likely, autistic, so it isn't like she's going to get along with someone her own age.  The two enjoy things like going to gay restaurants, and some anachronistic thing called "contra dancing".

The whole family family found it creepy, but they've grown numb to it, I think.  I don't have a daughter, but I'd find it pretty creepy, too, unless my daughter was a complete weirdo / dork like this broad is.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My wife's half-sister dates an old fuck who is older than her father (now long-distance since she took a job in another state).  They worked together in a lab when she got out of college, and took a liking to each other.  To be fair, she's got the personality of box, and might as well be in her '60s, so they work well.  She's also, likely, autistic, so it isn't like she's going to get along with someone her own age.  The two enjoy things like going to gay restaurants, and some anachronistic thing called "contra dancing".

The whole family family found it creepy, but they've grown numb to it, I think.  I don't have a daughter, but I'd find it pretty creepy, too, unless my daughter was a complete weirdo / dork like this broad is.
View Quote

I'm sorry, but I laughed at this post.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

this. it makes a difference.
View Quote

This.

I'm 16 years older than my wife.  We met when she was 28 and I was 44.  It wasn't a big deal to her family, and 10 years later (almost 9 of them married), I love her family and vice-versa.

Toward the end of May next year, we're having a daughter (our second child).  When she starts dating, would I recommend her getting involved with someone with that big an age gap? No.  However, as long as the guy she ends up with isn't a scumbag, and treats her and cares about her the way I do my wife, it's all good.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I am a cradle robber. Although as we both get older, it matters less...but I like the idea that I will always have "a young wife"

She is a hyper overchiever and while just starting her journey when we met, my life is mostly folly. (imagine being married to Robin Williams)  She ground out, for many, many years, to do what she does.  I entertained her and kept her comfortable.  

Her dad, who is a great guy, also has a much younger wife.  (not her mother, who passed when my wife was still a baby)  so it did not seem odd to anyone.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#27]
There was an Arfcommer years back who had Dick Dale, the famous guitarist, as his son-in-law.

I don't know how old his daughter was (she married Dale in 2011) but Dick died at 81 in 2019.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#28]
I am 24 years older than my wife. Started becoming "friends" when she was 19 and I was 43. Married when she was 23 and I was 47. Now married 18 years and could not be happier.

Have a wonderful 13 year old daughter too!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:51:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I would not care how old he was as long as

1. My daughter was of legal age.

2. He is of fine moral character, intelligence, and successful in life, ie. Not on drugs.

3. He's not an asshole aka Type b personality disorder.

Men are fertile well into their 70's,  so they can still produce good offspring.

If he's taken good care of himself, and he's a good man, why not?

There's nothing wrong with an age disparity, especially when the woman is younger, because women have a shorter expiration date for fertility.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#30]
It’d be really weird. My daughter is 19, I am 43. At my age, I’m aware of how incredibly easy it would be for a man to manipulate a female half his age. It doesn’t seem right and I don’t think I could respect any man my age messing with a woman my daughter’s age. I may feel differently in 20 years.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:55:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My thought is:
WTF did you do to give her such a daddy-complex?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#32]
No fking way!!
Where's my satchel charges?!
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:00:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I am 24 years older than my wife. Started becoming "friends" when she was 19 and I was 43. Married when she was 23 and I was 47. Now married 18 years and could not be happier.

Have a wonderful 13 year old daughter too!
View Quote

Ha, same ages I just mentioned… So, how did you guys meet? That would probably make a difference in how a relationship is perceived as well. For example, meeting as coworkers might be looked upon more favorably than you having been a friend of her father or she was one of your daughter’s friends from childhood.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

2. He is of fine moral character, intelligence, and successful in life, ie. Not on drugs.

Men are fertile well into their 70's,  so they can still produce good offspring.

There's nothing wrong with an age disparity, especially when the woman is younger, because women have a shorter expiration date for fertility.  

View Quote

Actually risk of schizophrenia go up fathering children at an advanced age.

Also:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Well...............................since you asked..........

My daughter is 7.............I'm 76...........so yes there's gonna be a B-I-G problem...
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:29:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My daughter is 7.............I'm 76...........so yes there's gonna be a B-I-G problem...
View Quote

How many women can reproduce at 69?

See op?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow
You are a genuine stud.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on the woman's side the risk of retardation goes up the later the pregnancy.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:40:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

My daughters are under seven.
It would be murder time if he was near my age.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:52:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My daughters are under seven.
It would be murder time if he was near my age.
Kharn
View Quote

How about that. I always thought you were my age. My daughters are 18 and 23.
Good on you, brother. I hope you enjoy their youth.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:58:08 AM EDT
[#41]
No younger than 1/2 age plus 7 years is the rule though I have been known to violate the rules every once in a while.  More accurately younger women have wanted me to violate the rules every once in a while.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you like autism and schizophrenia, I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:06:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Pretty common in Europe though, especially eastern Europe.  

Saw it all the time when I lived and traveled in those parts.  My neighbors at one point were a Lithuanian couple. She was in her early 20's and he was in his mid 50's.  He was a very successful architectural engineer and the impression I got is that she provided quality vitamin P and he provided a financially secure life for her. That being said she did go on to be very successful in the banking industry.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#44]
My father is 62 dating a 34 year old

I'm 32

Edit: I always tease and call her Mom lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I guess it depends on his financial status. I'm not even joking around.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My father is 62 dating a 34 year old

I'm 32

Edit: I always tease and call her Mom lol
View Quote

I saw a documentary on this. It had to do with the dad traveling quite a bit and the step son helping his step mom out when she got "lonely".
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I think it's creepy AF when I hear about guys who do this.

If I weren't married, I would do this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:40:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Meh...

I have dated women 15 years younger than me..

Who cares as long as nobody is taken advantage of or underage.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I guess it depends on his financial status. I'm not even joking around.
View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:24:47 AM EDT
[#50]
I wouldn't like it, thank God that he blessed me with sons.

I also didn't like it when my dad dated someone younger than me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top